fbpx

BARN SWALLOW DRAGONS!!!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody BARN SWALLOW DRAGONS!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    scenceable
    Participant

On a side note: Did you ever wonder if our eyes are like comuter monitors? You know, like that colors look differently though other people eyes? Did you ever have one of those arguements with somewhen when looking at something they say it’s blue, but it clearly looks green to you? This is one of those situations where I wonder if our eyes all see colors differently. Just something I’ve been pondering. 🙂

Oh! I’ve always wondered this as well. I think from most perception and vision research science has concluded that it’s impossible to know. Perception in general is entirely relative, I think that’s probably true with colour too. You can ask people what colour something is, but you don’t know for sure exactly what they’re seeing. Even if you measured the nerve signals in your eye to see what your retina is receiving it wouldn’t tell you what the person’s brain is “seeing”, because your brain makes up most of what you “see” anyway.

It’s definitely something I’ve wondered too. Whether colour preference (aside from windstones too) is due to individual things or whether there’s an actual biological vision difference. 😛

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I don’t necessarily mean it had to become production, I was just wanted more to be painted so I could own just one >_< I didn't mean to start up some big argument! Yeeesh!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

siberakh1
        Participant

While I don’t mind the color on some sculpts, I don’t see it as being a good production color either. I don’t mind contrast, but not all contrast is created equal (for lack of a better way to put it!). Maybe the eye color throws me a bit, or if the colors muted out somewhere in the middle? I don’t know. While some people may like it, I don’t think it would do as well on a large scale production. I could see it doing ok on a limited production basis in small batches on some pieces.

While I haven’t always enjoyed everything I’ve produced artistically throughout my short life up until now, I can say that, outside of school or being told by a higher up to do something, at the end of the day, the artist has to feel happy or at least comfortable with what they produce and it is ultimately their decision.

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

I don’t necessarily mean it had to become production, I was just wanted more to be painted so I could own just one >_< I didn't mean to start up some big argument! Yeeesh!

I’m feeling kinda bad about how this thread went to 🙁 ….
            Like I said, I’m “bummed” that a particular color that ‘may not’ be produced for the general public, but it’s not going to make me lose any sleep over it. Windstone has the last say on what they make. I’m cool with that and I totally understand and respect that. I appreciate all the other stuff they do for us and I didn’t want to come off as being not so.

Nicole
            Participant

I do have to say I am unhappy that Violet Flame never made it beyond the fledgie and curlie. That seems to be a color that a lot of people have in their want list but it hasn’t been restocked in ages. And the pieces that are re-sold go for very good prices. And i’ll also be disappointed if BS doesn’t get some more attention. However even if my two favorite colors never get made i’m not going to boycott windstone, especially after all the generous things they do. I simply wont buy pieces in color schemes i dont like, same as everyone else.
              Blue ice would be nice but its such a monotone color… i’m really bored with so many monotones. I mean they’re nice and i would probably buy a couple pieces in that but I want something a little more exciting 😛
              Anyways that’s my 2 cents. I just want to say despite my disappointments I’m still very grateful to the company and Melody for being so generous. And even if they dont heed this squeek (which they should since this squeek is the squeek that can be heard around the world) they do try to listen to a lot of our squeeks like the grab bags and even amythiest was just a random squeek. so even though those are squeeks that haven’t benefited me i do appreciate their effort to make as many people happy as possible.

Pam

Pam-we squeak for a lot of different things, but it seems Barn Swallow has a HUGE following. And, to be fair, there are people here that very much dislike some of the current production colors like Black Gold, Amethyst, and past production colors like Red Fire, Emerald, White. Its impossible to win over everyone, but this color is getting a LOT of love-more than others I’d say.

I agree with you there, but to Melody it might be hard for Barn S squeaks to stand out above all the other squeaks, especially if she isn’t fond of that color.

Purplecat
                Participant

Adaneth summed up my thoughts on this really nicely.

I will add that there are an awful lot of requests that do get accomodated, and really that’s a fantastic thing.

Dont pout over what you cant have, no one gets everything they desire.

Rachel
                  Participant

Adaneth summed up my thoughts on this really nicely.

I will add that there are an awful lot of requests that do get accomodated, and really that’s a fantastic thing.

Dont pout over what you cant have, no one gets everything they desire.

Quoted for truth.

Melody and Co. have been VERY, VERY good to us. We are demanding, we are harshly critical (I remember how many people were angry that PS wouldn’t reveal herself, so much so that they would not consider bidding on them, and now, ironically, one of her color schemes has people angry), and we are adoring fans.

Yes, Windstone is a business. Melody and Co. have to make sound economic decisions, from raising prices to carefully selecting popular sculpts and colors.

But Windstone is also, at least partly, an outlet of Melody (and others’) creativity and artistry. If I had the demands and drama over my art that Melody and others’ within Windstone have, I would quickly learn to hate doing my art. One of the reasons I never developed my artistic side as fully as I could have is because I knew that if it ever became a job, I would stop doing it. So, I have a job that’s unrelated and art has become an amateur hobby. Quite frankly, even if it’s the most popular color in the world, if I was Melody, if I hated it, I don’t think I’d want it to become a signature of my work.

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

I thought you were on a Windstone diet due to new car. 🙂 It would be tortuous to me to me to see what I want and not be able to get it because…

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

I like the Barn Swallow colors, I would dearly love for something to be in the store that I had a snowball’s chance in hell of being able to afford. I can’t compete with anyone on eBay…& all the newest & coolest stuff is going there, & nothing new is really being produced for the store at all, with the exception of flap cats & little pebble things, which I have zero interest in.

There have been no new dragons in a very long time, with the exception of the copper patina, which honestly, I hate.

I am anxiously awaiting orientals, in the store please, not eBay! I would love some Secret Keepers in perhaps some of the old production colors, like brown, also IN THE STORE…not EBAY!

Anyway, I would love to see the Barn Swallow color tried on all of the dragons, I wouldn’t mind having a chance to buy one as LP in the store either, but I understand if you guys decide not to do it, & am not going to be mad about it. I keep missing out on some of the ones you have put into production that unfortunately sold out before I ever got a chance. So some more amethyst orientals would be lovely, just wondering if I you could do some with blue eyes…cause the current eye color choice is just, well….yeah.

I would really really like to see more stuff in the store versus all of it going to eBay, cause I just can’t afford eBay prices & it would be nice if more than just a select few could have some of these colors available to them too. I do understand that Windstone needs the money from those sales, but think on it, if you sold 4 SK in a LP color at store cost, it would equal or exceed some of the sales of just one special SK on eBay, & it is possible to do both, have the special on eBay, make LP or even production ones available in the store, it has to increase the company’s chances to increase income better than one eBay sale alone.

Okay, that’s my $.02, take it how you will.

Kyrin

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I thought you were on a Windstone diet due to new car. 🙂 It would be tortuous to me to me to see what I want and not be able to get it because…

AH HAH!!! You figured out my plan Nicole! If something became “production” there are lots of online stores that offer my new found friend called “layaway” ^_^
                        It’s going to be a necessity for me in the future *nods* Even most limited productions don’t make it to the level of being in a store other then the official windstone store. SOMETIMES Astral Castle will get some LP stuff, but that’s about it and it’s very few and far between.

and honestly, not being biast, but there needs to be some sort of replacement for Rainbow. ALL the production colors are so monotone now. Emerald Peacock is really the only thing available now with some variance and depth to it and that replaced Peacock. Amethyst, Silver, Gold… before, Ruby, Emerald, White… they’re just too plain for me. Black & Gold is anohter color I really like, but I wish that would get that retired already to make way for another Black and “something” scheme.

I love the glacier/ice blue dragons, but again. It’s still like a solid color. Granted, it’s very different though so it’s also exciting. Violet Flame, Serpentine, I’d be happy with this too. At least again, they have SOME color varations I thnk are more exciting then all the monotone choices.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

kitsunelady
                        Participant

I like Barn Swallow. How the heck is it garish when you compare it to say…Amethyst? Or Rainbow? >___>; Neither of which I am a fan. But I would buy the heck out of some Barn Swallow dragons, and I don’t think I’ve bought anything except the Pebble Cats, a couple of GB unis, and PYO blanks in months.

If the argument is about what ‘blue’ color should be next… then I have to also say, Blue Ice…no thanks. It looked good on a couple of the dragon sculpts, but Barn Swallow has appealed to me on ALL of them (not the griffins tho).

But if it’s that hard of a pill to swallow, I’d settle for Blueberry. =9

Wampus Dragon
                          Participant

Rainbow was a superior color to BS, just sayin’. >.>

And Blue Ice is the best blue color since Twilight. And since its unlikely we’ll ever get Twilight as production(since the color has been known forever and hey, its still only on ebay pieces), Im gonna squeak the next best thing.

Riversgrace
                            Participant

I have watched this Barn Swallow war go on for what seems like ever…I have heard good and bad points on either side. What I am disheartened to read is the negativity, and they way some of us are coming off. There is a good way to say your mind without growling. Melody, and everyone who works with her bend over backwards for all of us foaming at the mouth, crazed fans…and they have a right to run their business the way they choose (which should be without scrutiny).

I love Barn Swallow, as I love many of the colors, and yes if it were to some how make it to the store in some capacity, I would be chomping at the bit to own them.

Pam

Twilight was an artist’s edition on curlies, mother coileds, laps, and SK’s, so technically if Twilight was ever made production/LP, it could never be made on those 4 sculpts. However, I would love to see something similar to twilight made production or LP on all dragons.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.