fbpx

Anyone have any phobias?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone have any phobias?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 146 total)
  • Author

Thats hilarious SPark πŸ˜†

I’m mortally afraid of ticks. Not other bugs really, or even spiders that much, but I am HORRIFIED at the thought of having a tick attached to my neck or arm or something and NOT EVEN KNOW IT. We have lots of ticks around here, and though I havn’t found one since I can remember, they scare meeee ><

And oh yes, driving. Being IN a car isn’t as bad, but the thought of driving seems very scary to me, though I still have another two years till I can get a lisense! My though processing time is really slow, and I forget simple things, even if I’ve been doing them for a long time. And when you are on the road, people have no patiance with you, everyone wants to get where they are going as quickly as possible, and I’m afraid that I would crash…all the time…or something. Maybe I will get a really nice bike instead of a car. I’m sure my parents would be happier about that πŸ˜€

SPark
    Participant

I don’t drive any more. In a lot of places it is actually possible to get around without driving. I used to drive but I was in a really bad accident, and I’m way too gun-shy around traffic to be safe behind the wheel anymore.

Well, you could still get in a accident if you are walking or on a bike. I actually think the car is better most of the time. It is more likely to protect you. My opinion anyway.

SPark
      Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Well, you could still get in a accident if you are walking or on a bike. I actually think the car is better most of the time. It is more likely to protect you. My opinion anyway.

I don’t twitch because I’m afraid of getting hurt, my fear with driving is of hurting somebody else. So I’m better off on a bike where I can’t run somebody over.

Though actually I got run over by a bicyclist once! He didn’t stop at a red light and ran right over me. I had to go to the hospital and everything, because I landed on my head when I fell over and they were afraid I’d broken something.

I hadn’t, but it hurt like heck, and I was totally unable to do anything for three or four days. I had a HUGE goose egg.

dragonessjade wrote:

Well, I’m not really scared of being injured in a car accident as I am irritating people or hurting them with really bad driving. A bike might not be safer, but its less likly to kill someone.

Saydee> I’m not too wild on driving, either (I’m on a RENEWED permit, I’m taking that long to learn), but Columbia isn’t as easy to get around by foot as wherever you live in St. Louis may be. 😑 I live far away from the nearest bus stop (1.5 mile walk- I’ve done it dozens of times, but never enjoyed it) and to be honest, I just feel like I’d have more freedom to say…go out and buy Windstones without my parents saying “isn’t that too much money?” XD

I wish I lived somplace where I could get away without driving much, but meh. 😐

rockerbot wrote:

Saydee> I’m not too wild on driving, either (I’m on a RENEWED permit, I’m taking that long to learn), but Columbia isn’t as easy to get around by foot as wherever you live in St. Louis may be. 😑 I live far away from the nearest bus stop (1.5 mile walk- I’ve done it dozens of times, but never enjoyed it) and to be honest, I just feel like I’d have more freedom to say…go out and buy Windstones without my parents saying “isn’t that too much money?” XD

I wish I lived somplace where I could get away without driving much, but meh. 😐

St. Louis isn’t particularly easy to get around in, and it doesn’t have a subway system, though we did just get this new metrolink train thing in that should make it easyer to get around. Public transportation isn’t good at all here because st. louis is really made up of tons of little cities that all HATE eachother πŸ˜†

Copper83
        Participant

SPark wrote:

Heights, open spaces.

The open spaces thing isn’t quite as strong, I’ve never yet flipped out and had to get inside somewhere, I’m just… nervous, when there’s nothing between me and the horizon. I need buildings, or at least hills and mountains. I think if I moved to Kansas, I’d never set foot outside the house. *shudder*

I’m just the opposite of this. I hate being in the city. I get really stressed out when all I can see is buildings. Same with large crowds, too.

Starbreeze
          Participant

Fear of heights, closed in places, roaches (ewwww), and tornados (I have nightmares about them when I’m really stressed)…

Maria
            Participant

SPark wrote:

*coughs*

Um… I like getting zapped. I got tasered once. It’s kind of a funny story. Not a police taser though, I hear those are a lot stronger than the kind that civilian types can buy.

πŸ˜† Then you’re like my taser-toting bro. He zaps himself occasionally too – on purpose or by accident.

SPark
              Participant

copper83 wrote:

SPark wrote:

Heights, open spaces.

The open spaces thing isn’t quite as strong, I’ve never yet flipped out and had to get inside somewhere, I’m just… nervous, when there’s nothing between me and the horizon. I need buildings, or at least hills and mountains. I think if I moved to Kansas, I’d never set foot outside the house. *shudder*

I’m just the opposite of this. I hate being in the city. I get really stressed out when all I can see is buildings. Same with large crowds, too.

It isn’t that I love cities. I’ve lived most of my life in small towns! I just need SOMETHING between me and the horizon, it doesn’t need to be a sky scraper. Living in a valley is ideal, then I can have houses and hills in the way. Nearly anything will do. Trees, mountains, anything! Even a car will do, if there’s nothing else. Though driving across flat plains makes me a little twitchy, the car isn’t quite enough if there’s nothing else at all.

Saydee72 wrote:

And oh yes, driving. Being IN a car isn’t as bad, but the thought of driving seems very scary to me, though I still have another two years till I can get a lisense! My though processing time is really slow, and I forget simple things, even if I’ve been doing them for a long time. And when you are on the road, people have no patiance with you, everyone wants to get where they are going as quickly as possible, and I’m afraid that I would crash…all the time…or something. Maybe I will get a really nice bike instead of a car. I’m sure my parents would be happier about that πŸ˜€

I don’t think you need to worry about driving — I’m sure you’ll be fine after you’ve had some practice. The thing is, a lot of the things that you do when you’re driving become completely automatic after you’ve been driving for awhile, just like after you’ve learned how to ride a bike.

I think I was a lot like you when I first learned to drive. I felt really hesitant and uncertain when I was driving during the driver’s training in high school — and I got a “D” in the course! I thought I was doomed to never be able to drive a car. But then I practiced for another month or two with my dad using a learner’s permit, and I got my driver’s license with no problem. I’ve been driving a many, many years now, and I’ve only been in a couple of very minor accidents (like having someone back into me in a parking lot).

So the moral of the story is that if I can drive, you definitely can! πŸ™‚

SPark
                Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

SPark wrote:

*coughs*

Um… I like getting zapped. I got tasered once. It’s kind of a funny story. Not a police taser though, I hear those are a lot stronger than the kind that civilian types can buy.

πŸ˜† Then you’re like my taser-toting bro. He zaps himself occasionally too – on purpose or by accident.

I’ve thought about buying a taser, but it just seems a little bit too silly, somehow. Though I do have a little static converter widget that can deliver a small shock.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

*jumps in* How did I miss this???? Okay so phobias…I have a story for those, yet before you read….I’m not afraid of fruit anymore =)

Story 1: Okay so one of my earliest memories as a child was being in my sister’s room while the lights were off and she was watching the 10,000 dollar pyramid. (I don’t know why I remember that) I was in the corner of her floor playing with something when she was like “What are you doing over there?” She saw what I was doing and SCREAMED “DON’T TOUCH THAT SPIDER! IT WILL KILL YOU!!!” My sister was SO AFRAID of spiders I grew to fear them too. I was SO BAD! I’m better now… to a point. I can deal with daddy long legs and little spiders if there is just one, but get a big furry one or one of those fast little buggers you find in your bath tubs that jump at you and I’m across the other side of the house screaming for help!

Walking in webs in the dark! OH! I HATE THAT SO MUCH!!!!! Once a nest of baby spiders burst open when I apparently crunched it while it was under my steering wheel cover. Little spiders ran EVERYWHERE! I almost got run over in the street cause I JUMPED OUT OF MY STILL MOVING CAR and was rolling around in the middle of the street screaming cause they were ALL OVER ME! ACK! I GET CHILLS THINKING ABOUT IT!

Story 2: Something else that still bothers me when I hear it. Not scared, just BOTHERED ALOT! That noise a phone makes when you leave it off the hook too long. It sounds like an alarm or something. When I was about 4 or 5 my brother would get the phone and wait for it to make that noise and throw it in my bed at me in the middle of the night or something and yell “QUICK! IT’S GONNA EXPLODE!” and I’d scream and cry! Once he chased me around the house outside with it and locked me out too. I was just a little kid, like I knew any better, but that noise is still like fingernails on a chalkboard whenever I hear it.

Story 3: When I was about 5 thru 7 or 8 peel fruits made me cry on sight! Oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, grapefruit and basically any kind of peel fruit my pshycotic brother could get his hands on! He would hold them over my head and ask if I wanted some “poor man’s mace” and I would always start to cry cause he’s peel the fruit and squirt the juice from the peels in my eyes 😯 tangerines were the worst. Shockingly, they hurt worse then lemons do.

Hehe, I hope that didn;t disturb anyone, if it makes you feel better I can make him almost cry now when the subject gets brought up! LOL! That was back in the 80s too when it wasn’t that big if a deal and parents were still allowed to spank their kids. I have SO MANY “My brother did this to me stories” Thankfully, now that I’m older, most of them are pretty funny to talk about now with family and stuff. LOL! He’s also the reason why I was petrified of “Eddie” from Iron Maiden until I was 12. LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

OMG — Drag0n, your brother was horrible to do those things to you! I’m so sorry you had to go through all that.

As for having spiders running all over you — that would totally freak me out too! I’m glad you weren’t hurt. But to be honest, that story sounds hilarious and I was ROFL when I read it… πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 146 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.