fbpx

Anyone have any phobias?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone have any phobias?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

I hear ya! That’s why homeschooling is a much better option. Parents are automatic authority figures – or should be.

lamortefille
      Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I hear ya! That’s why homeschooling is a much better option. Parents are automatic authority figures – or should be.

Yes, they should be. Most have the opinion that their children are angels, though. I live under no such illusions. lol

I wish my daughter was more like you: intelligent and well spoken. πŸ˜€ You know how to get your point across without saying “like” every other word and “that’s dumb”, “that’s gay”, or “that’s stupid” whenever someone tries to explain something. Hopefully, by the time she reaches your age, she will have improved.

Maria
        Participant

😯 Hey, I am SO flattered. This is the second time somebody’s said I’m intelligent on this forum. Big thank you, lamorte.
          I love this community.
          And btw, how old is your daughter?

lamortefille
          Participant

She is almost 16. For some strange reason, her and her friends think acting like a moron is “cool”. 😯 I just don’t get it, personally.

I had been on the Forum reading your posts for a couple of months before I knew how old you were. I almost fell off of my chair when I found out!

Maria
            Participant

Okay, now you’re embarrassing me. πŸ˜† I can sympathize with you on your daughter, though. Sometimes I think a certain brother of mine has the exact same notion.

BipolarBear
              Participant

The difficulty with home schooling is that one of the largest elements of going to school is learning to adapt to society. The experience of getting along with hundreds of other peers is a large learning experience in itself. I’m not saying home schooling is bad, I probably would have preffered it to what I went throught in elementary school, on the contrary you can learn alot faster and better wityhout dealing with all the structure involved in forcing 30 some students to get into classroom and learn from one teacher. The problem is that just about every person will be stuck in a situation where they have to deal with many other people and someone that has never been in that situation before may have difficulties adapting.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                Engaged to a Weasel

Starbreeze
                Participant

BiPolarBear wrote:

The difficulty with home schooling is that one of the largest elements of going to school is learning to adapt to society. The experience of getting along with hundreds of other peers is a large learning experience in itself. I’m not saying home schooling is bad, I probably would have preffered it to what I went throught in elementary school, on the contrary you can learn alot faster and better wityhout dealing with all the structure involved in forcing 30 some students to get into classroom and learn from one teacher. The problem is that just about every person will be stuck in a situation where they have to deal with many other people and someone that has never been in that situation before may have difficulties adapting.

I have to agree. You need to learn how to deal with people when you’re growing up. Waiting until you’re an adult is a bad idea. Homeschooling has to be balanced with a lot of outside activities, like sports, scouting or something..

Lots and lots of field trips. πŸ˜€

SPark
                  Participant

Yeah, there are other options. I’ve known friends who were homeschooled, and some of them were very asocial, but some of them weren’t. It’s possible to socialize your kids even if you homeschool.

But homeschooling is a lot of effort! My mom tried it one year with us. It didn’t work out very well. We ended up doing nothing most of the time.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Once you have get a job and insurance let us how…I promise to hound you mercilessly until you go… 😈 😈

LOL! You and the rest of the world! hahaha!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

SPark wrote:

But homeschooling is a lot of effort! My mom tried it one year with us. It didn’t work out very well. We ended up doing nothing most of the time.

Lalala… what? … Schoolwork? What’s that…? I, uh, sorta have that problem too. >.> I usually end up doing all my schoolwork in very sporadic bursts throughout the day, avoiding it whenever I can.

But about phobias… I have a serious phobia of collard greens. LOOKING at them makes me want to upchuck. I also really hate it when people screech fingernails across chalkboards… but that’s a standard thing, I think. Hrrr.

SPark
                      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

That’s why teachers should be authority figures, not clowns.

Oh, I agree. Too many of the teachers want to be the kids’ “buddies”. The ones that try to discipline the kids get too much resistance from the parents. Teachers have no real authority.

I wanted to be a teacher. I still love teaching, but the school system is starting to be broken. You can’t just teach, because you have to teach to the “core” and prep for standardized tests, and deal with politics and stupid parents that won’t parent and expect you to teach their kids everything while other parents don’t want you to teach them anything, it seems, and you’re supposed to stay in control of your class but you can’t dicipline them.

I decided I’d be better off sticking with volunteering if I want to teach.

Or you could become a assistant teacher. I did that for a year and it was really fun.

Starbreeze
                        Participant

Chessapeaka wrote:

I also really hate it when people screech fingernails across chalkboards… but that’s a standard thing, I think. Hrrr.

lol…Chessie..I forgot about the chalkboard thing. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps!!! 😯

starbreeze wrote:

Chessapeaka wrote:

I also really hate it when people screech fingernails across chalkboards… but that’s a standard thing, I think. Hrrr.

lol…Chessie..I forgot about the chalkboard thing. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps!!! 😯
                          Now that doesn’t bother me. I hate anything scraping over ice. Not a good thing considering where I live. πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 146 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.