fbpx

Adventures in casting (never a dull moment)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Adventures in casting (never a dull moment)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Noooo. Don’t poison mices ๐Ÿ™ Poor little mices ๐Ÿ™

So what was cast??? Do tell do tell! Com’n tell us!

kitsunelady
      Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

kitsunelady wrote:

But it’s winter – no snakes yet. >.> They’ve put out poison, so they can’t use a cat, although I’m not sure animals roaming around a factory/warehouse is a good idea anyhow…

Well, the poison should work the fastest. It might stink the place up for a bit, though!
        they had 2 wherehouse cats when they where at No Ho and they LOVED being there

They’d love it until they got squashed under a pallet or a garage door. Or poisoned from eating a poisoned mouse. >.>

Blade-of-the-Moon
        Participant

It’s winter here as well but last week we saw a big black snake on the road..figured the rain and water from melting snow drove it out…I don’t know how old your building site is, but if there was a snake hibernating in or around the building, cranking up the heat will bring it out after those mice.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Non-venomous species aren’t that bad..they don’t usually knock things over or break stuff from crawling around..so better than a cat actually..lol

So the gypsum was mixed wrong at the place it came from…it didn’t go bad it was just a bad batch… makes sense now. :yes:

Nightcrow
          Participant

Well, if I order a Windstone and it starts squeaking, I’ll know why! ๐Ÿ™‚

Arlla wrote:

There are MICE making nests in my molds!!! D:<
            BUT – today I managed to make the first decent castings that we’ve seen up here in Corvallis – HOORAY!! Things are looking up! ๐Ÿ™‚

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Stephanie
            Participant

No… windstone doesn’t send chocolate sprinkles with their dragons etc…. lol ๐Ÿ˜†

kitsunelady
              Participant

Serenity wrote:

No… windstone doesn’t send chocolate sprinkles with their dragons etc…. lol ๐Ÿ˜†

Gross. XD XD

frozendragon
                Participant

Serenity wrote:

๐Ÿ˜† those would be some funny shaped sprinkles…

Stephanie
                  Participant

Well as cute as mice can be (they are) They can make and leave some nasty messes….

Arlla
                    Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

But it’s winter – no snakes yet. >.> They’ve put out poison, so they can’t use a cat, although I’m not sure animals roaming around a factory/warehouse is a good idea anyhow…

Well, the poison should work the fastest. It might stink the place up for a bit, though!

You obviously never saw the factory down in Hollywood. Cats everywhere! And birds and lizards and, well, dragons, but those don’t do a whole lot of wandering…

Phoenix wrote:

Noooo. Don’t poison mices ๐Ÿ™ Poor little mices ๐Ÿ™

So what was cast??? Do tell do tell! Com’n tell us!

I love mice. But unfortunately I can’t tell them not to make icky nests in my clean molds… and more unfortunately I can’t tell them not to chew on my molds, which is tragic really because we as yet have no one to make more molds. NO CHEWING, MICE!! Who speaks mouseese?? We need a translater…

WE HAVE CAST… not a lot of variety. A few mother dragons, a few father dragons, some leaf cat sconces, some wolf councils and a mess of circle of cats candlelamps. Oh, and one PYO griffin. ๐Ÿ™‚ I really need to find the molds to the PYO ki-rins… And the keeper PYO, though I’m just not sure a mold actually got made…

Serenity wrote:

Poor Susie finds chocolate sprinkles on her desk all the time.

Well, today was pretty good. I got a lovely lady named Wendy to train a little bit. She spent most of the day scraping things – ugh, scraping!!! ๐Ÿ˜› …Though I got to use the stone texture tool today, and that was lots of fun. Melody calls it a ‘pecker’. …Leave it to her…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                      -J R R Tolkien

Lokie
                      Participant

Serenity wrote:

Ha ha, I shot seltzer out my nose ๐Ÿ˜† It hurts XD

kitsunelady
                        Participant

Nope, never saw it (the factory in CA). It was already being packed up by the time I remembered Windstones existed. But we’ve had a cat killed when it tried to slip out of the garage at the last minute, too low and too late for the sensors to stop the door in time.

So…I didn’t think having animals underfoot at a factory/warehouse sounded very safe (for them).

Personally, I wouldn’t feel bad about killing the mice. They’re destructive little pests. It’s funny how when something is cute and furry it immediately garners sympathy by virtue of its appearance…while something uncute, like a termite, is killed without remorse. Whatever the case, even if you poison mice, it’s not like you’re ever entirely rid of them. They keep coming back, like cockroaches.

That said, everyone enjoy this fine video :

PurpleTurtle
                          Participant

I’ve seen that video before and it still freaks me out ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . ICK!!

Arlla
                            Participant

I have people to train!! ๐Ÿ˜€ I made them do a lot of grunt work today. They are two very nice ladies named Wendy and Chris. And of course I have John (Susie’s son, not boss John) to help out, too. Tomorrow… I think we will be bold and I will have everyone try and pour.

Everything I’m pouring is turning out very well except the male dragons!!!! Arrrgh!!!

I made a perfect Female griffin today, though, on my first try with that mold. Maybe the male snow leopard griff can have a mate!

-J R R Tolkien

Arlla
                              Participant

I made a few oriental dragons today. ๐Ÿ˜€ I don’t know if they’ll actually get painted or go beyond the casting department, but it was sure exciting to see those come out of the mold.

-J R R Tolkien

Rachel
                                Participant

Oohhh. I think the oriental dragons are fantastic sculpts. Hope to see the results!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.