fbpx

Adventures in casting (never a dull moment)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Adventures in casting (never a dull moment)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

There are MICE making nests in my molds!!! D:<

….that and the 6 pallets of gypsum that we have is bad.

BUT – today I managed to make the first decent castings that we’ve seen up here in Corvallis – HOORAY!! Things are looking up! πŸ™‚

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
        -J R R Tolkien

Pam

I had not heard about the mice! How many nests did you find?
          Didn’t take them long.. Those carriers would be perfect for mice, come to think of it. Lots of holes, cracks, and crevices to exploit and build in. No need to fashion your own hidey-hole when you can find them pre-built. They just need to add stuffing .
          πŸ˜€

Megan
          Participant

Aww, mice in the molds! How cute!

Erm. I mean… naughty mice, stay out of the Windstone molds! That’s no place for you! πŸ˜†

Good luck with the casting, ladies! We’re all wishing you quick success with minimal stress to all involved — mice included.

Pam

Megani-chan wrote:

Good luck with the casting, ladies! We’re all wishing you quick success with minimal stress to all involved — mice included.

Not if they find the mouse poison…

Jasmine
              Participant

Arlla wrote:

BUT – today I managed to make the first decent castings that we’ve seen up here in Corvallis – HOORAY!! Things are looking up! πŸ™‚

What did you cast?? Don’t keep us in suspense…

There needs to be an epic picture book of the qualms of the casting reviving. squeek*

Blade-of-the-Moon
                Participant

At least your making progress.. πŸ˜‰

How does Gypsum go bad out of curiosity.. ?

Don’t worry about the mice..as soon as snakes know their there they’ll take care of em’… πŸ˜€ *

* Seriously though, be careful around any dark holes and crevices.. if mice can get in.. πŸ™

kitsunelady
                  Participant

But it’s winter – no snakes yet. >.> They’ve put out poison, so they can’t use a cat, although I’m not sure animals roaming around a factory/warehouse is a good idea anyhow…

Well, the poison should work the fastest. It might stink the place up for a bit, though!

Adaneth
                    Participant

That’s a bummer about the bad gypsum. πŸ™

I too am curious what got cast first!

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

Yeah – I wanna know to. Maybe it gets damp while in storage? That’s the only thing I can think of. If it’s like regular plaster, as soon as you get it wet it starts a chemical reaction that hardens it. Is it like that?

Katherine
                        Participant

Poor meecies….all they want is to be Windstones, and be put on display in our houses…..
                          And you won’t let them….poor, poor meecies……

John
                          Keymaster

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

In this case it did not go bad. It is a fresh load and it looks like it was made wrong at the factory.

Bob

kitsunelady wrote:

But it’s winter – no snakes yet. >.> They’ve put out poison, so they can’t use a cat, although I’m not sure animals roaming around a factory/warehouse is a good idea anyhow…

Well, the poison should work the fastest. It might stink the place up for a bit, though!
                              they had 2 wherehouse cats when they where at No Ho and they LOVED being there

Adaneth
                              Participant

John wrote:

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

In this case it did not go bad. It is a fresh load and it looks like it was made wrong at the factory.

Can you get a refund for that? πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.