fbpx

96037's PYO Thread ~ New Sushi Cats! Leopard and Jaguar

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone 96037's PYO Thread ~ New Sushi Cats! Leopard and Jaguar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Hey, I am starting a PYO Thread, since I have a few done now, so here it goes.

Or’avis the Parakeet Griffin. He was made as gift for my mother.

Keroa the Spring Sunset Phoenix. She was an experimental piece and is stained with archival calligraphy ink, which had an entirely different effect than acrylic.

And finally, my newest piece, Wild Berry #1. I finished her last night, and she was a commission piece for a friend, who handed me a bunch of paint and basically said, “here are the colors, now make it look it good.” So i did. She took me a bit over a month, between work and the other two. I actually ordered her before the others.

She is my first keeper. She is not great, but I am happy for it being my first one.

She has green and gold interference in the stripes, as well as an occasional gold scale here and there, but you can not see them well in the pictures. She is MUCH nicer in person.

Her Tail. Just realized I forgot to cover the gem when I sprayed her. Oops!

Her face. Most of the gold on her is Gold Leafing

At least I remembered to cover the eyes. Lots of detail. 🙂

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

this isnt working. …..

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

*EDIT* OK i fixed it. good refresher of html. haha

SilverDragon
    Participant

I like the pheonix. Very pretty. The light colors blend together nicely. 🙂

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
      Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

Adaneth
      Participant

I really like the tailfeathers on that phoenix! And those colorful neck scales on the keeper are really neat. 🙂

Your off to a great start on your PYO journey! Have faith in yourself and you truly do gain skills as time goes and you do more pieces. I remember my first one and I thought….am I ever going to get great at this and well…… I keep on trying all the time :tongue: I really like Keroa! Very pretty Phoenix!

Grayfire_artz
        Participant

NICE!!!
          Keep at it! This guy reminds me of my first pyo’s 😀 you have a ton of potential and a great eye for detail! 😀 keep at it you’ll just get better and better 😀

Here are the pics of the Kirin I just finish. It was an inkstain.

Before she was done V:

After she was done V

sorry that the order is mixed up. I may be selling her, and am open to offers is anyone is interested. She has been finished with 7 coats of a UVLA finish, to ensure that fade is minimal, as it *can* be a long term issue with ink stain, especially when in prolonged constant sunlight.

Here is a pyo dragon. This is a scheme I will never do again, but a technique I absolutely love! The softness of the pastel along with the stain gives an amazing depth and blend-ability that I have difficult time doing with stain alone. Pictures do not give this justice at all. There are so many subtle effects and color overlays that the camera just blends together.

And finally Keroa after 5 months of fade, This is what happens when you do not use a UV resistant finish for an inkstain that sits in your window. The UV resistant finish has solved this problem.

**edit ugh.. photobucket is not as easy if deviant art, but with deviant art i have upload seperatly…..so annoying..

Kim
          Blocked

That’s a pretty phoenix and dragon!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Thank you! The stain is alot of hard, slow work to get the colors just right. although that picture is of an old peice, just to show fade in sunshine, when not treated.

Such lovely spring colours… Gives warm fuzzies amidst all the rain here!

Noticed I have quite a few i never added so here is a finished couple and a few works in progress:
            The second Kirin I m doing, it will be the pastel combintion like the dragon so i have an exact comparison, kind of. It will be Forest Berry #2 and will have some slight color variations:

Above: the only finished picture of the wolf
            Below: Unicorn in progress Pastel only

Above: Griffin in progress, will be a set of three in a similar scheme
            Below: Some other projects finished or worked on alongside my pyo, hope these are ok here

Some pics I never posted of older peices Keroa and Or’avis

🙂

gosh darn it..i hate html….grrr. gotta fix will in a bit

So here is my next batch of photos.

First my two current repair projects. Sorry one isn’t a windstone.

First the Dragon wall sconce candle lamp:
            I’ve glued the chunk back on, need to fill in the cracks now.
            top view

bottem

Next a ceramic dragon i used in Quest 11. The day after I took my picture I put it into my closet whole. No one touched it. (I live alone) Found it a few days later same spot position, but with the head laying in box. Sheared off the neck bo other crumbs or any such around. Ghosts?

Next Two recently finished pieces:

First “Sherbet Sunset” (signed as Sherbert Sunset oops)

Second “Forest Berry #2” I had major issues with this one.
            To adress them, First the splotchy ink pattern is from be handled so much prior to being stained. Second, for some darn reason my pastel would not go on smoothly AT All. Third my finish would not stick either. I have no idea why but maybe i am not meant to finish it. oh well. Here ya go.

photo DSCN3672_zpsf29a64b1.jpg
             photo DSCN3671_zpsc604de68.jpg

Eh..sorry this is so long…

And then Forest Berry #1 with Forest Berry #2. Number one was ink only, number 2 Ink and pastel failure. Then All three together. Also Forest Berry #2 has a matte finish.

photo DSCN3694_zpse7bb7972.jpg
             photo DSCN3703_zps53d0b4d1.jpg

And projects in progress sneak peek……

Testing new stains:

waiting in line, but with his new eyes:

my new eyes
             photo DSCN3716_zps265ba147.jpg

photo DSCN3721_zpsc10d282d.jpg

ugh done with code for a while…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.