fbpx

96037's PYO Thread ~ New Sushi Cats! Leopard and Jaguar

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone 96037's PYO Thread ~ New Sushi Cats! Leopard and Jaguar

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Hey, thanks you guys! I gave her a coat of pearl over the finish so she has a pretty shimmer that reminds me of the northern lights very much, heres two pics from in the light box I made. The box still need some ajustments.

ugh she just wont photo right..

Her horns and claws kind look like hematite, I think thats the right name for it, black, kinda shimmery.

And the slight pearl shimmer reminds me of the northern lights, jusyt like the same phosphoresent green glow tor her.. the pearl really brings it all togather

pearl is hard to picture right, she is like the above, but with a slight sparkly sheen to her makes the subtl color blends look amazing.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

twindragonsmum
    Participant

She is absolutely lovely!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Prezaurian
      Participant

Those blues are really lovely and the pearl overlay really makes her pop. Very nice.

Falcolf
        Participant

I love the colours too, she’s very nice! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Wow, has it really been December when i last updated this? Well, here are some updates, I guess the last 6 months really got away from me with all the hospital stuff and appointments.

So, my most recent project being worked on:

This pyo dragon is a mixed media of pastel, pearl-ex shimmer and acrylic. I have been wanting to do a magma theme for a while, although I am unsure how happy I am with him so far. Still a work in progress though so only time will see his true colors.

Below is a Father foo dog commission I painted for LindaS. I had posted a few pics on my other general art thread instead of here for some reason. I alos have a picture of him with the family so you can see how well he matches. I was asked to match a mother foo that had been previously painted by Kyrin. I matched though photo as much as I could. This was my first airbrush piece and he turned out pretty good I think. I am very happy with him although due to air compressor complications, I had to mix my own metallic paints from scratch with a pearly metallic medium I have. As a result I now realize that my gold was pretty off. I am unsure if it is possible to match that kind of gold without using the type of metallic pigments that would have originally been used..

Next up, I have another update of Storm who has had a little bit of progress:

I will also be starting another PYO commission once the piece arrives. I will be painting a flap cat. I also have one flap cat that laundry is requesting I paint as a gift for a friend of ours as well as another flap cat and a kitty griff whom I have named Grit, that I plan to paint to sell once they are painted.

And finally, here is that picture of my Mikado phoenix from the swap. May as well have him here too.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

My next commission in progress:

been forever since i updated this one..i have been kinda workin on the lava dragon and a couple commissions.

blending is not my freind lately. I have also been goin through a hard depressive thin accepting my lupus and such lately. it makes it hard to paint…(well, with the enthusiasm i usually have anyways) i feel like i am stuck in a hole and i never really talk to my mother anymore. she never returns my phone calls. I feel…well i dunoo..

rock-reader
          Participant

96037 said: have also been goin through a hard depressive thin accepting my lupus and such lately. it makes it hard to paint…(well, with the enthusiasm i usually have anyways) i feel like i am stuck in a hole and i never really talk to my mother anymore. she never returns my phone calls. I feel…well i dunoo..

You feel abandoned, frustrated, hopeless and alone. Welcome to my world – NOW GET OUT!!!!!

I’ve always admired your spirit and gumpsion, the way you keep on coming back fighting. Please give yourself some time to be depressed but don’t let it take up your whole life. You’ll find that all your life has been about is deep grey nothingness and it sucks. So Hang in there!! You have friends all around you on the forum (as well as Mary) and a whole lot of talent! (and don’t forget your cat 🙂 )

Good luck to you and I hope you have happier times real soon.

Prezaurian
            Participant

I’m liking your lava dragon and whew, good luck with the color pattern on that kitty! Her coat is a bit intimidating to me. But so far, the flapcat looks good. I like how you’ve applied the color patches and the soft shading on the wings.

And my sympathies on your mother. I don’t know the specifics and I know they are none of my business, but having problems with family does suck. Just try not to let it bog you down. I agree with rock-reader, give yourself some time but don’t let it take over.

Kelly
              Participant

Awesome job! I think the pearl coat was just the right touch.

Awesome job! I think the pearl coat was just the right touch.

pearl coat on what? I have used in on a couple things but nothing recent.

Just finished this gal. “Here is Embyr all finished (almost, she need eyes and gems glued in and a pad) She is is supposed to look like glowing magma that has just reached the earths surface and began to harden. She has a little piece of obsidian nestled in her tail. She is a commission, and I would be willing to do more just like her if anyone is interested. I do take payments and can use Paypal or Etsy if you prefer to work with cards.”

Eyes from Dreaming tree studios.

These pictures do no justice at all…

MandBsMom
                Participant

Cool! I love the detailing around the eyes!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Kim
                  Blocked

That’s a very cool dragon! Great job! I love the eyes too!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Adaneth
                    Participant

Very nice work! Love the eyes and obsidian too. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.