fbpx

6 Uni's, a Ki Rin, and a Griffin-PIX

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone 6 Uni's, a Ki Rin, and a Griffin-PIX

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Ok, here goes. Hubby must have sensed that the pile of uni’s was here for a reason and that that reason was to be PAINTED. haha. Anyway, I had 2 requests for buckskin, and since that is one of my WORST colors(I generally turn them green) I painted a couple spares, and when the buckskins turned out ok, the spares turned bay, so here’s what i got. I think this uni looks awsome in all colors. wow. She’s so cool.

PS. If one of these is yours, and you don’t like it, PM me and I’ll redo it. If one of these isn’t yours, and you want it, PM me. Thanks!!

Left To Right- #1 medium buckskin for Spark
    #2 Light buckskin for Little Iron Horse
    #3 Bay for ddum. Since I didn’t know if you wanted light or dark, I did one of each. LMK what you like.

Little Iron Horse’s close up(sorry, the only one who’s pic turned out)

Left to Right
    #1 Palomino-will have socks and white trim.
    #2 buckskin. might be sold
    Ki Rin-stripped. Plan to add gold trime. I think he has red eyes. Will trade for 1 uni plus $25
    Griffin-metallic rainbow wings, will have black bum. I have no idea what color his eyes are. Will trade for a uni and $25

Obviously, these aren’t finished yet. I will post FINISHED pix of each, once I know that the new owners approve of the body colors. All have brown eyes. More to come!! Thanks so much guys for the chance to paint these. They are without a doubt my favorite Windstone PYO’s.

o.o wow, I love the dark buckskin and bay, and the kirin! Did you say you do these in pastels or is there airbrushwork in there?

Skigod377
    Participant

You look like you are having fun with these! I like the right front one, and that Ki rin is adorable!

SPark
      Participant

Yayness!

I do hope that the feet end up dark when it’s done? Not sure how finished or unfinished this is…

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Wow! How do you get them done so fast? πŸ˜€

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Mmmmm… I LOVE that Griffin!!! The Uni’s are neato too. But I am stuck on those PYO Griffins. πŸ˜† No cash right now spare, but if I did…I’d snap up on that Griff. 😈

SPark wrote:

Yayness!

I do hope that the feet end up dark when it’s done? Not sure how finished or unfinished this is…

These are *just* started. Yes, dark feet, except a couple, who are getting socks, then they will have shell colored hooves

Nambroth wrote:

Wow! How do you get them done so fast? πŸ˜€

After baby went to bed, hubby had school work to do, and the night was MINE.

Plus, i do this for a living, so I’m getting fairly proficient at painting.

Nuke wrote:

o.o wow, I love the dark buckskin and bay, and the kirin! Did you say you do these in pastels or is there airbrushwork in there?

All that you see is airbrush. From these pix on, they will be detailed by hand in acrylics and pastel chalks. Then, they will be sealed, their eyes will be reveled, and I will take finalized pix of them with the horns temp in place. Once I get the owners approval’s, they’re OFF!

These are, hands down, my favorite Windstones of all time (SHHHH, don’t tell the curls)

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Mmmmm… I LOVE that Griffin!!! The Uni’s are neato too. But I am stuck on those PYO Griffins. πŸ˜† No cash right now spare, but if I did…I’d snap up on that Griff. 😈

Will trade πŸ˜€
          I have another Griffin for trade too….he’s not finished. He’s bright rainbow.

You use pastel chalks? For highlights? Don’t they rub off? What’s the advantage (why do you use them)? I’m way new to this and wanting to understand what everyone is doing. πŸ™‚ Your uni’s are lovely and very believable πŸ™‚

boskydragon wrote:

You use pastel chalks? For highlights? Don’t they rub off? What’s the advantage (why do you use them)? I’m way new to this and wanting to understand what everyone is doing. πŸ™‚ Your uni’s are lovely and very believable πŸ™‚

Thanks!
          I don’t use a whole lot of pastel chalks to be honest. Just “as needed”. On model horses, I used them almost exsculsivly on hooves, and some shading. On these guys, mostly around the eyes and knees. Yes, they will rub off, you have to seal them right away or else the chalk will be gone next time you sneeze. Part of why I tip my hat to people who do entire horses in chalk.

The good things are there is no overspray, and they are a lot cheaper than a $400 airbrush that doesn’t overspray. bad part, is that you have to do about 30 layers to make a color actually stick.

I don’t do much in pastel, so maybe someone else will jump on and be more helpful πŸ˜€

UPDATE
          Both bays are spoken for.
          Ki Rin-spoken for
          Griffin-spoken for

littleironhorse
          Participant

I LOVE mine so far! Can’t wait to see her finished.

I prefer light buckskins because with darker buckskins, unless you can see the dorsal stripe, it’s a bit hard to distinguish them from a bay.

But your medium buckskin is really nice as well Spark, and so is the palomino, and so are all the others πŸ˜†

I may have to get a palomino eventually…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.