fbpx

6 Uni's, a Ki Rin, and a Griffin-PIX

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone 6 Uni's, a Ki Rin, and a Griffin-PIX

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

littleironhorse wrote:

I LOVE mine so far! Can’t wait to see her finished.

I prefer light buckskins because with darker buckskins, unless you can see the dorsal stripe, it’s a bit hard to distinguish them from a bay.

But your medium buckskin is really nice as well Spark, and so is the palomino, and so are all the others πŸ˜†

I may have to get a palomino eventually…

The buckskins all have dorsel stripes, and are really pal colored in person. I had to laugh, I sent pix of these guys to a couple of my model friends, and they all declared these are, hands down, the best buckskins, and palomino, that I’ve ever done. One gal is driving over here today to see them.

glad you like πŸ˜€

Skigod377
    Participant

That palomino is a stunner. I need that color. Can you tell me what color you used? *Pleasedontsaymixedpleasedontsaymixed* I want! πŸ˜†

skigod377 wrote:

That palomino is a stunner. I need that color. Can you tell me what color you used? *Pleasedontsaymixedpleasedontsaymixed* I want! πŸ˜†

πŸ™ I’m sorry, I actually custom mix all of my colors… makes me a good artist, and a bad one. Lots of nice OOAK stuff, rarely the same color twice though.

here’s a tip. DON’T USE YELLOW. I did that, and they turned out odd. I use really light browns, mixed with whites and off whites, with a touch of yellow, and use about 4 diffenent color mixes to get the look I’m going for. Then, everywhere that there will be shaded, I use a very washed out brown, because anythign like your greys or blacks will turn green. I don’t know why yellow and black makes green. But it does. Anda very ugly green. THEN, sometimes I do a touch of grey over the brown areas.

Skigod377
      Participant

Ah well. Figures. She looks Wonderbar!

wolflodge100
        Participant

I love them all! What would you trade for your griffin? πŸ˜€

wolflodge100 wrote:

Whatcha got?

wolflodge100
          Participant

bluepony78 wrote:

wolflodge100 wrote:

Whatcha got?

Are you looking for any thing special?

wolflodge100 wrote:

bluepony78 wrote:

wolflodge100 wrote:

Whatcha got?

Are you looking for any thing special?

Nope. i collect model horses, PYO windstones, painted windstones, damaged windstones, and diecast tractor trailers.

Andrea
            Participant

Buckskins with dorsal stripes= Dunskins…
              Dun is actually a characteristic, buckskin is a color.
              Just some useless information for you…

Phoenix wrote:

Buckskins with dorsal stripes= Dunskins…
              Dun is actually a characteristic, buckskin is a color.
              Just some useless information for you…

I think it’s one of those things, it depends on wher eyou look. I had a few sites bookmarked that said that the primitive markings didn’t matter, it was the base color. Dun is the blander washed out yellow version, and buckskin is the more brown version. One site said that bay’s could have dorsel stripes. i donno. I tend to just group the duns/buckskins together. If I get in a pickle, I look it up on carol williams color book.

Andrea
              Participant

Dun lightens the coat of a horse almost diluting it. That’s why a red dun looks rosey instead of regular chestnut and a grulla (black horse with dun) looks mousy/grey, etc.
                Right now there isn’t a test for dun.
                There is a test for cream which is what makes a bay into a buckskin and a chestnut into a palomino.

Anyway, I love talking color as you can tell…Thanks for giving me a chance to babble πŸ˜†
                I love the unicorns. They look beautiful by the way. I love the way an airbrush blends the colors. I missed out on that kirin πŸ˜₯

Phoenix wrote:

Dun lightens the coat of a horse almost diluting it. That’s why a red dun looks rosey instead of regular chestnut and a grulla (black horse with dun) looks mousy/grey, etc.
                There is a test for cream which is what makes a bay into a buckskin and a chestnut into a palomino.

Anyway, I love talking color as you can tell…Thanks for giving me a chance to babble πŸ˜†
                I love the unicorns. They look beautiful by the way. I love the way an airbrush blends the colors. I missed out on that kirin πŸ˜₯

Babble away πŸ˜€

I would be willing to paint something *similar* but not the same if you have a Ki Rin on you. He was my last one, I just have him, one dragon, one finished wolf, and 2 Griffins. Once they are one, that’s it, Im just painting uni’s for a while. I feel more at home with them πŸ˜€

Patricia
                Participant

Ack, I really need to commision you sometime. These are great!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Maria
                  Participant

Those are beautiful, bluepony. I don’t know which one I like best!

Phoenix wrote:

Hey,
                    gotta question for you. can I send you a pic of a (non-windstone sorry!) horse I painted last week? I have no idea what color she is. One person said bay, but she looks to me like a dirty buckskin dun something. I donno. I almost posted it here, but then remember DUH, can’t do that. Please send your e-mail sicne I can’t attach pix through the PM!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.