fbpx

Yet more tears.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Yet more tears.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

Sorry for a sad topic..but I need to let this out a bit. As many of you may have read in one of my other posts my father passed away about 2 weeks ago after a long and painful battle with multiple forms of cancer. I took this rather hard since he passed away a mere 2 days after me and my 6 year old daughter Jade left from visiting with him and my mother. As a few may know, my little girl is a special needs child. She had a stroke before she was born and is physically and devolopmentally disabled. She had a few minor seizures when she was less than two but otherwise has had no further problems from the stroke. I was glad we got to visit my father before he passed away, Jade was very special to him.

I was starting to get over the worst of the mourning for him when this weekend arrived. My mom and one of my cousins up from Texas decided to come out to visit and relax this weekend. All was going fine. My mother, cousin and I all went down to the beach to walk a couple of hours before noon saturday. We returned to find my daughter in the midst of a Grand Mal seizure! She and my husband had been taking a nap when with no warning she starting jerking and twitching. We came home right as this happened, I dailed 911 and proceeded to try to help keep my little girl alive. She stopped breathing twice, we had to do rescue CPR until the ambulance arrived…I don’t think I could have even imagined how scared I was during all this. You have never known terror until you hold your child and they are as limp as wet rag. It took her about 20 minutes to come out of it, I think I aged 20 years suring that time. She was lifeflighted to the childrens hospital in seattle. To keep this short….several hours and lots of tests later, she is ok. She has to be on seizure meds the rest of her life, but hopefully they can control this with the medicine. The meds make her tired and grumpy, it’s a small price to not go through that again.

I do apoligize for venting a bit of my pain here. Just writing about all this brings back some of the fear. I haven’t been able to sleep at night for listening to Jade, any little hitch in her breath startles me wide awake. It’s hard to concentrate on much of anything but my little girl. I hope you all will forgive me for awhile. I will get back into the full swing of things as soon as I can. HUGS and make sure you give your kids and family lots of hugs and kisses too!

Kiya
      Participant

Oh sweetie! I’m so sorry! Let me know if you need anything!

Riversgrace
        Participant

You know I sent a message back… but saying this out loud… All of my heart is with you and Jade…

Rachel
          Participant

-hugs-

Kathleen
            Participant

Sending you and your family lots of hugs and prayers.
              I have been giving my kids lots of extra hugs lately.
              My thoughts will be with you and everyone else having a bumpy go right now.
              *hugs*

Chloe
              Participant

*hugs* That is a TERRIFYING experience. I am so glad there was a positive outcome. Hopefully after more time on the meds her mood will adjust…

Sending well wishes and *hugs*.

Ann

I am so sorry. Your family is in my thoughts, I am so happy that she will be okay.

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

Oh honey I am so sorry! I can’t even fathom the fear that you felt! I am so happy that she was ok in the end of it all, as you said, the side effects to the meds are a small price to pay, and I hope with time her body adapts to them and she goes back to being her usual self for you <3 We're all here if you ever need a little extra strength! I'm sending many good thoughts and prayers your way, along with long distance hugs and love!

If there is anything I can do, please let me know <3

Shotzy11
                    Participant

*HUGS* I am so sorry this happened. How terrifying. My little girl is 5 and I am not sure I would have handled that situation as well as you did. I am so relieved she is going to be ok. We will be sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Kim
                      Blocked

I’m so sorry to hear about your father. And that must have been very scary what happened with your daughter. Thank God she is okay now and hopefully things get better. My prayers and best wishes are with you!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

littleironhorse
                        Participant

Oh dear! I don’t even know what to say! No parent, and certainly no children should have to go through what your little girl and Rivergrace’s boy are going through. I am so very sorry!

dragonmedley
                          Participant

I’m so very glad she’s ok now. Big hugs to you and her!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Copper83
                            Participant

Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

Venting is o.k. – that’s what we’re here for! Many prayers and lots of hugs to your family.

twindragonsmum

tdm

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

Hugs. Hopefully this is the end of it, and you can have good times for a while.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.