WINTER/HOLIDAY 2015 GIFT SWAP — DONE!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps WINTER/HOLIDAY 2015 GIFT SWAP — DONE!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Awesome! I so want a dragon adult coloring book XD

Natasha
    Participant

Natashavonlemke sent me this wonderful assortment! I received it several days ago, but didn’t get a chance to photograph anything till today. She sent me colored pencils and several adult coloring books featuring horses, cats, and dragons! Also some lovely peppermint pine scented soap. Finally, she sent me the first book in Anne McCaffery’s Dragonriders of Pern series! Of all things, I had never read them. I have already finished it and bought the next two. :bigsmile: Thank you so very very much!

Aw, I’m so glad you liked them! I haven’t started doing the adult coloring yet but I want to so I already had a bunch of those books on my wish list! They look like a lot of fun! I’m really glad you liked the book and got thru it so quickly! It’s always amazing when you find a new series that speaks to you. You filled out your form really way and it made it very easy to shop for you, so thank you! I hope you have a wonderful winter season full of holiday cheer!
      Best,
      N

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Phoegonix
      Participant

Anne McCaffrey’s Pern books were part of what drew me to Windstone – the fledgling dragons were exactly my mental image of a fire lizard!

Bodine
        Participant

Nice gift box.
          I’m afraid it caught me at a low emotional time for shopping but I hope my swap recipient likes their box.Being shipped today so should get it Weds..Merry Christmas.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

siberakh1
          Participant

I received the following lovely box of gifts a few days ago from dragons4Life! Books, and scents, and treats (some treats were already consumed by the time the below photo was taken), some activity books, a calendar and day planner, some sparkly things… Quite a few things to open! The holiday season this year has unexpectedly become a bit of a mix of feelings and emotions this year, as I lost my Mom to complications from long term medical issues on Friday, Nov. 13th, the day after we brought her home for hospice after over two weeks in the hospital. My Dad and I have been assisting and caring for her for over the past 3 years – medical complications due to a bad hip replacement, some issues with long term prednisone use, and a highly antibiotic resistant bacterial infection. I live and work from home, which has been a godsend, with this year being very hard, with 9 visits to the hospital since January. To add salt to the wound, I had to put my ~17 year old American Cocker Spaniel, Lucky (my fuzzy pal in my Windstone video for the box opening contest last year), down the same afternoon as his health had also failed. A blessing for both, but still a bit hard for those left behind who will miss them. The house is a little quiet right now. So, this was definitely a lovely bright spot. Thank you again and thank you everyone for your patience with any delayed responses for the swap!

photo WindstoneForumHolidayGiftSwap2015.jpg

Natasha
            Participant

I received the following lovely box of gifts a few days ago from dragons4Life! Books, and scents, and treats (some treats were already consumed by the time the below photo was taken), some activity books, a calendar and day planner, some sparkly things… Quite a few things to open! The holiday season this year has unexpectedly become a bit of a mix of feelings and emotions this year, as I lost my Mom to complications from long term medical issues on Friday, Nov. 13th, the day after we brought her home for hospice after over two weeks in the hospital. My Dad and I have been assisting and caring for her for over the past 3 years – medical complications due to a bad hip replacement, some issues with long term prednisone use, and a highly antibiotic resistant bacterial infection. I live and work from home, which has been a godsend, with this year being very hard, with 9 visits to the hospital since January. To add salt to the wound, I had to put my ~17 year old American Cocker Spaniel, Lucky (my fuzzy pal in my Windstone video for the box opening contest last year), down the same afternoon as his health had also failed. A blessing for both, but still a bit hard for those left behind who will miss them. The house is a little quiet right now. So, this was definitely a lovely bright spot. Thank you again and thank you everyone for your patience with any delayed responses for the swap!

I’m sorry it’s been such a hard time for you – it’s so hard to lose our loved ones, and especially hard at this time. Your package looks adorable and well thought out! I’m sure whoever sent it will be happy to know it arrived at a time when you needed some comfort.

photo WindstoneForumHolidayGiftSwap2015.jpg

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
              ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
              Mother: Okapi
              Gothic - Mahogany
              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

I’m so glad it came and you liked everything 🙂 *big hugs* I will be praying for you and for happiness during this difficult time. At least we can all bring each other a little cheer, either with fun gifts or kind words.

Kim
              Blocked

Siberakh1, sorry to hear about your mom and everything happening, especially at this time of year. It looks like you got some nice gifts there and I hope things get better and you have a Merry Christmas!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I’m also very sorry to hear about your loss, and so close to the Holiday Season *HUGZ*

I’ve sent my two part Holiday Gift Swap to my Swappee, and I hope they like it… 😀

FYI – I’ll be out of town over Thanksgiving and not back until after December 6th, so if I receive my Swap Gift before I return, I won’t be able to post that I received it. If you have me as your Swappee, please don’t worry if I don’t mention that I’ve received your gift until after December 6th.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! :love:

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Phoegonix
                  Participant

It’s here!!!!

photo IMAG2117_1_zpsqf2wcgzh.jpg

A purple fuzzy, a bag full of crystals, a Windstone mug!!! A hematite necklace…

And a Windstone dragon!!!!!!!!!!

I’m almost shaking, I love it all so much. Bodine, you made my Christmas!

Whoa nice!! That was very nice of Bodine! 🙂 Hopefully gonna be posting my pics tomorrow sorry for the delay!

Bodine
                    Participant

It’s here!!!!

photo IMAG2117_1_zpsqf2wcgzh.jpg

A purple fuzzy, a bag full of crystals, a Windstone mug!!! A hematite necklace…

And a Windstone dragon!!!!!!!!!!

I’m almost shaking, I love it all so much. Bodine, you made my Christmas!

Hi,I am happy to have been able to put a smile on your face.Glad you enjoyed the surprise.Merry Christmas! 😉 [the crystals are gemstones.There are Amethyst,Topaz,etc.]

Bodine
                      Participant

Ela-Hera:You are a gift to the world.
                        I received my box yesterday evening and I was delighted to see it was from Ela-Hera and was floored.She and I had a short conversation a while back about my wanting a keeper to paint like Smaug.She remembered that and sent me this most wonderful Christmas package.I was wanting new brushes too,how did you know??She sent me everything I needed including GCs in the store for a keeper.Thank you so very much for your thoughtfulness, generosity and mostly,your friendship.I LOVE IT! Thank you,thank you.Hugz! :love: Merry Christmas!
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My swap ended up being from the same person who fixed my gold fledgling! 😀 That was a very nice surprise indeed!
                        96037 (Weasels on Easels) Thank you for your lovely gifts and for doing such a fantastic repair on m signed goldie 🙂
                         photo 059_zpsy3mfpt5w.jpg

Comparison before repair:  photo 20151025_153020_zpskeeobnpq.jpg

This is a cute plush she made and a bracelet too:  photo 054_zpssncehdnn.jpg

This envelope will never get thrown away! My favorite animals the squirrels in Christmas garb, so cute!:  photo 055_zpslttklzrr.jpg

This beautiful photo of a cougar:  photo 056_zpsspdykx53.jpg (There are also art cards she drew but not pictured.)

I’m told there is one more thing but haven’t seen it yet! Will let you know and update accordingly!

Thank you so much Weasels on Easels! 🙂

siberakh1
                        Participant

Great gifts everyone!

Mine will go out end of the week. Got myself run down with a nasty cold. I just need to finish packing things up and drop at the post office when I’m not quite as sick. Means I get being sick out of the way before the holidays, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.