WINTER/HOLIDAY 2015 GIFT SWAP — DONE!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps WINTER/HOLIDAY 2015 GIFT SWAP — DONE!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

It’s time for the Winter/Holiday 2015 Gift Swap to get started! Smile

PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE watch the deadlines. If you sign up and something happens that you can’t participate, PLEASE let me know by the 27th if possible! No matter what, if something comes up, at least let me know ASAP, so I at least know what is going on if arrangements need to be made, so no one is left without something. Communication is ALWAYS best! 🙂

What it is: If you enlist, your name gets thrown into a hat. You will receive the name of one person, and someone else will receive your name. Your goal is to put together a small care package for that person. Letters, candles, incense, chocolate, bath goodies, foodie goods, craft-store finds, etc. Something nice to brighten his or her day. You might even get a new friend out of the deal. You DON’T have to celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, the first snow or any other holiday at this time of year to participate. You just have to appreciate brightening someone’s day. 🙂

Timeline:
      October 27, 2015 — Sign-ups – DONE
      November 7th, 2015 (Sat) — Sign-ups close at 8am EST – DONE
      November 7th-8th, 2015 — Swapper notifications – SENT
      November 26th, 2015 (Thurs)– The last day to notify me of a back-up need – DONE
      December 4th, 2015 (Fri) — Last Day to put packages in the mail – DONE! ALL GIFTS RECEIVED!

General Guidelines:
      — It is suggested that you use a method with a some sort of shipping confirmation/a tracking number. I understand that this can get quite pricey shipping overseas. If you’d prefer to ship within country, just state so (US and Canadian residents, unless we get a lot of other countries participating). It just saves headaches when packages go missing at this busy time of year.
      — It is suggested you include at least 3 items in your package if you are getting smaller gifts; if you wish to send one large item that is fine too.
      — General price range will be $25 – $35 total spent on gift items, though if you’d like to invest more, that’s fine. And $25 is not a mandatory minimum that you have to spend– if you’re good at crafts or you have a knack for finding thrift store treasures, that’s cool, too.
      — Please, please, do not ask to participate if you are unsure about your ability to follow through on your end. Yes, there are generous people who have and will throw together back-up packages so that no one gets left out. No, that does not mean that it’s okay to flake. Please note: November 26th is the absolute last date to tell me that you need to bow out.

Got it? Good! 🙂

To participate, please fill out this questionnaire and send me a PM here on the forum or email to me at ‘sifert dot brianne at alumni dot hartwick dot edu’ (please make sure to type out my email the correct way rather than just copying and pasting: I’m trying to avoid spammers!), with the subject line “Windstone Winter/Holiday 2015 Gift Swap”, just so I know that the email isn’t spam.

**NOTE: When replying, PLEASE don’t just submit answers! It’s A LOT of work to have to go back and match up what question your answers correspond with in order to send your information to your swapee without is sounding completely random and nonsensical. **

Windstone Forum Name:
      Full Name:
      Email Address:
      Mailing Address:

Are you familiar with putting the required delivery confirmation on packages within the US?:

Pets:
      Spiritual orientation (or godless heathen?):
      Favorite Holiday:

Favorite Windstone sculpt:
      Favorite Windstone coloring:
      Favorite Windstone line: (Dragons, Unicorns, Griffins…)
      Favorite animal (in general):
      Do you have a Windstone ‘Wishlist’? If so, what is it?:

Hair type:
      Skin Type:
      Allergies:
      Other things to avoid:
      Favorite bath/beauty products:
      Do you have a bathtub and/or do you like to take baths?:
      Favorite bath/beauty stores, online or otherwise:

Scents/notes/types of smells that you prefer:
      Scents/notes/types of smells that you don’t like:

Do you burn candles/incense?:
      Do you have a wax tart burner or a scented oil warmer?:
      If not, would you want one?:

Clothing Style:
      T-shirt size and preference (standard, babydoll, tank, cami, etc):
      Favorite online stores:
      Favorite stores in general:

Favorite colors:
      Style/home decoration style:
      Things you collect (aside from Windstones):
      Favorite music/artists:
      Least favorite music:
      Vegetarian/Vegan?:
      Other food restrictions:
      Favorite foods/drinks/snacks:

Favorite authors/genres:
      Least favorite authors/genres:
      Books/authors you’d like to read, but haven’t yet:

Jewelry – gold-tone or silver-tone? Do you have any allergies to metal?
      Pierced ears, stretched ears, neither?
      Ring/wrist/collar size:
      Favorite gemstones:

Magazines you subscribe to:
      Magazines you like, but don’t subscribe to:

Favorite movies:
      Favorite TV shows:

Hobbies/crafts done:
      Do you like/collect any homemade crafts/art?-
      Wish lists (amazon.com, etc):
      Organizations/Causes/Activities (Things you belong to or causes you believe in):

What things do you like to do to relax?

Is there anything else your swapper should know or you’d like to mention?

* If there are questions you don’t feel comfortable answering, feel free to omit them.

I will assign swappers/swappees and mail you your recipient’s questionnaire. I will also keep a list of swappers/swapees, so if someone doesn’t send their package, I’ll know, and will find some way to compensate.

Everybody, have fun! 🙂

siberakh1
      Participant

Please be patient if I do not reply right away as I am dealing with a family matter at the moment and am running between home/work (I work from home!) and the hospital. I leave my computer logged in sometimes and am not always online though the forum shows me as logged in, so don’t let that fool you! I will reply within 2 days, and I have no problem running this. It just may take me an extra day to reply, so if you don’t see a reply in 2 days, then poke me for a reply to make sure your email or PM didn’t get lost/overlooked. 🙂

Thank you in advance!

Me me me! LOL Thanks for setting this up and I will send you the questionnaire shortly 🙂

Bodine
        Participant

Thanks for taking the time with your busy life.Happy Holidays!
          I’m in.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

MandBsMom
          Participant

I’m in! Info sent!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Just finished my questionnaire and PM’ed you!
              Can’t wait to start shopping! 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Phoegonix
              Participant

This is really making me happy to think about. This is my first Christmas since leaving my husband, so I’m really looking forward to getting a package for me that I didn’t buy for myself! Plus bonus of putting together a gift for someone else!

siberakh1
                Participant

Just a reminder that sign-ups end on Saturday morning!

I think I have replied to everyone, but if not, please let me know! We currently have 11 participants.

I will be opening up sign-ups for an ornament swap as well (the past people who run them don’t have time to do it this year). I’ll post that thread later tonight. Things are calming down here a bit with Mom moving out of ICU, so I have a bit more room to breath. *breathes*

Prayers for your mom! 🙁

MandBsMom
                  Participant

I’m getting ideas!!! Found several things online so far. I even found a couple things on Etsy that might work. I love doing stuff like this! I feel like a stalker because I’ve been tracking my swapee on the forum to see what else they like and what they post about. :bigsmile:

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

siberakh1
                    Participant

All emails or PMs have been sent, so everyone should have the name and list for who they are shopping for.

Please remember to let me know when you ship your package. Once you receive your package, please post a photo of your goodies (so we can see all the gift giving goodness!). If you can’t post a photo right away, at least post or message me that you received a package. It helps people not worry about packages being in limbo. 🙂

Happy gifting! 😀

siberakh1
                      Participant

Items are starting to ship out! Remember to post photos here as you receive things (or at least that you received something if you can’t post a photo right away!).

Natasha
                        Participant

Mine shipped (in two packages) last week and show they were delivered.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                          ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                          Mother: Okapi
                          Gothic - Mahogany
                          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

MandBsMom
                          Participant

Natashavonlemke sent me this wonderful assortment! I received it several days ago, but didn’t get a chance to photograph anything till today. She sent me colored pencils and several adult coloring books featuring horses, cats, and dragons! Also some lovely peppermint pine scented soap. Finally, she sent me the first book in Anne McCaffery’s Dragonriders of Pern series! Of all things, I had never read them. I have already finished it and bought the next two. :bigsmile: Thank you so very very much!

Ann
                            Participant

Very nice gifts! Lots of time and effort went into the selection.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.