fbpx

Windstone tattoo

Home Forums Miscellany Community Windstone tattoo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Oh wow!! That is so pretty! I have considered getting a tattoo of the hippocampus Nam drew, but I haven’t gotten around to it and I haven’t asked her yet. I can’t get over how pretty that is!

As long as the tattoo artist doesn’t keep the image in any way etc, I’m always THRILLED when people think of getting tattoos of my stuff. My only rule: I want to see a photo if you get it done! πŸ˜€

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

lamortefille
      Participant

Thank you for all of the great comments! πŸ˜€

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Oh, lamort, that looks nice! Nice touches on the skulls! Did you want those added for any special reason? That was nice of Melody to allow you to do it! πŸ˜€

Most of my other tats have skulls in or around them, so I have a theme going. Joe designed a couple of them, so I told him to add what he wanted as far as skulls and flowers on this one.

dragonessjade wrote:

Wow, that is really neat. I want a Windstone Tattoo. I wonder if Melody would allow all of us to get one. It could be our special club thing. πŸ˜‰

I can’t speak for Mel, but I don’t see why she would mind if others got them s long as they followed her “rules”. I think we would be a club within the club, though, since tats aren’t for everybody. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

tasgrs wrote:

He did a great job keeping with the COA sketch. Where is he located? I’ve been thinking of a second tatt, although I probably won’t do anything Windstone. I designed and drew my tatt, and they destroyed the flash when it was finished. I lit the match. πŸ˜€ I’ve got another idea, but don’t know where I would put it; I like to be able to see them, and the one in my head is pretty detailed…
        Are all of your tatts shadework?

About 1/2 of my tats have color. He does great with color, too. I will PM you with his info. He might change bits and pieces of your drawing, but he would do it knowing what will show up best and what details would be lost in the long run.

Jennifer wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Oh wow!! That is so pretty! I have considered getting a tattoo of the hippocampus Nam drew, but I haven’t gotten around to it and I haven’t asked her yet. I can’t get over how pretty that is!

As long as the tattoo artist doesn’t keep the image in any way etc, I’m always THRILLED when people think of getting tattoos of my stuff. My only rule: I want to see a photo if you get it done! πŸ˜€

That’s a great idea, eagle and very nice of you Jen, to let people use your work. I think lots of Jen’s work would tattoo beautifully! My only advice would be to find a tattooist that’s an artist in their own right to tattoo it.

darjeb
        Participant

Beautiful tatoo – as for me getting one I am still to big a chicken about being stuck with a needle much less needles

Stephanie
          Participant

Nice tat! I have another one planned for myself one of these days… πŸ˜‰

Katherine
            Participant

Jennifer wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Awesome! Thanks Jen! I will let you know when and if I get it done, and you will definitely get pictures! Also, I will make sure that I personally witness the tattooist either destroying the image, or handing it back to me. I have no idea where I want to have it, but I was thinking on my calf somewhere. I just love how that hippocampus is looking at the seaturtle! I fell in love the first time I saw the pic! πŸ˜€

Lokie
              Participant

It looks great!

lamortefille
                Participant

Thank you, ladies. πŸ˜€

Melody
                  Keymaster

I competely missed this thread! Oh, it is beautiful!!!
                    I love skull and rose motifs! Very Grateful Deady.

Heather
                    Participant

The rendition is beautifully done, and I think it’s great that you’re able to display your love of Windstones in such a neat manner. They’d never get me within fifty feet of a tattoo parlor, though, not with my “thing” about needles. 😯 So the Windstone Tattoo Club will be just that much more exclusive! πŸ˜†

lamortefille
                      Participant

Thank you, Miss Mel! I’m so glad you like it. I get compliments on it all of the time. πŸ˜€ I have always loved Grateful Dead imagery. I bet Jerry loved your work, if he saw it. It seems he had similar taste. πŸ˜‰

lamortefille
                        Participant

Thank you Barrd. It doesn’t hurt as much as you think…esp. on your arm or shoulder. πŸ˜‰

Sbianchi
                          Participant

Your Tattoo is Beautiful, I also like the rose’s and skull’s with it!

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

I’m absolutely terrified of needles, yet a tattoo doesn’t bother me at all. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

dragonmedley
                              Participant

Jennifer wrote:

I’m absolutely terrified of needles, yet a tattoo doesn’t bother me at all. πŸ™‚

Maybe because the needle is “disguised” within the gun?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

lamortefille wrote:

Thank you Barrd. It doesn’t hurt as much as you think…esp. on your arm or shoulder. πŸ˜‰

Mine is on my calf; it was no worse than a nasty sunburn while it was being done. It really was a lot less painful than I had imagined. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.