fbpx

Will Rock/Little Rock Dragons ever come back?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Will Rock/Little Rock Dragons ever come back?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Yeah, the cement ones will sell better too, for way over factory cost…so those of us who wanted them for the garden & don’t have to worry about theft won’t be able to have one either. About the only place I had room for one of these was the garden. Now my chances for a cement one are about down to never.

Kyrin

With respect, I understand your disappointment that you missed them while they were being sold as a regular item in cement. I am feeling bummed about missing out on a few things, lately, myself. But, the truth is, they were available for years. There are still a few floating around in retail shops and in oddball places like craigslist, etc, and with a bit of searching and time you may find one at the normal price. ๐Ÿ™‚ For that matter, you might find someone happy to trade their heavy, plain cement one for a new gypsum one! Like I said, a lot of people just bought them to display inside, anyhow.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but it feels like you are angry with Melody and Company because they cannot make these any more. They just genuinely cannot make them anymore, and on top of that they have no control over what the prices on the now ‘retired’ cement versions will do! Text is sometimes hard to figure tone so I might be misunderstanding– but really, this isn’t a situation that anyone made to upset anyone. I think that we can all agree that Melody and the rest of Windstone actually go well out of their way to cater to us collectors, and go as far as giving away pieces for free monthly, on top of the fun quests and other goodies they offer to us. I honestly cannot name another company with the limited number of resources that Windstone has that does anywhere near as much for the collector base.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Chloe
      Participant

…. I think that we can all agree that Melody and the rest of Windstone actually go well out of their way to cater to us collectors, and go as far as giving away pieces for free monthly, on top of the fun quests and other goodies they offer to us. I honestly cannot name another company with the limited number of resources that Windstone has that does anywhere near as much for the collector base.

I know I am always deeply thankful that Melody/Pam/Jennifer, etc. answers questions/responds in such a timely and lovely manner. This is an incredible resource and personability that I have never seen in another company.

I, too, would LOVE a cement rock dragon…but am thankful for what I can get!

Okay….now this is greedy….what about the “Rock Dragon”? Ever going to be gypsum (fingers crossed)?

Just because something was available for years, doesn’t mean that people had the money to get them during those years. So that argument hardly holds a lot of water. So you think if you didn’t sacrafice everything to somehow get it when it was available that you should just accept that you will never have it later, just cause you couldn’t get it when it was more easily accessible?

Not mad at Melody or WS, just very disappointed, was waiting & hoping that some of the things that have been out of stock for years now would make a return & when they did I would be able to get them. To find out that while they will be returning eventually, but not in their original medium for their original purpose, yeah very disappointed. The Rock dragons were made for outdoor display, & that was where I wanted mine to go, so yeah I am bummed.

As for everything else, I am fully aware of all the wonderful things Melody & Co do for us as a fan base & it is very much appreciated, doesn’t mean that every decision made is going to make all of us overwhelmed with joy. I am not stupid, I am fully aware of the limitations to various things, and I don’t really appreciate being taken to task because I am not jumping up & down with joy about the decisions made.

Kyrin

Melody
        Keymaster

So the only ones you ever designed for outside use are now no longer going to be able to be outside? Can I just say how very very unhappy I am with this decision?

Kyrin

Yep, I am not so happy about it either, but we no longer have space ( or extra crew) to have a separate cement line!

Melody
          Keymaster

Just because something was available for years, doesn’t mean that people had the money to get them during those years. So that argument hardly holds a lot of water. So you think if you didn’t sacrafice everything to somehow get it when it was available that you should just accept that you will never have it later, just cause you couldn’t get it when it was more easily accessible?

Not mad at Melody or WS, just very disappointed, was waiting & hoping that some of the things that have been out of stock for years now would make a return & when they did I would be able to get them. To find out that while they will be returning eventually, but not in their original medium for their original purpose, yeah very disappointed. The Rock dragons were made for outdoor display, & that was where I wanted mine to go, so yeah I am bummed.

As for everything else, I am fully aware of all the wonderful things Melody & Co do for us as a fan base & it is very much appreciated, doesn’t mean that every decision made is going to make all of us overwhelmed with joy. I am not stupid, I am fully aware of the limitations to various things, and I don’t really appreciate being taken to task because I am not jumping up & down with joy about the decisions made.

Kyrin

We don’t sell them any more, but that doesn’t mean there are no more.. some friends of ours bought a large rock dragon from a gift store not too long ago.

Right, I’m not working right now, teach me how & I’ll come over there & get started asap! Can start fixing up all the busted WS over there while I’m at it…LOL! I know Melody, I’m not upset that you made that decision. I am upset that it had to be made. I really wish that when you moved you were able to move all your set ups they way they were so they could be used right away as if you never budged. But it never works that way. I moved to Idaho almost 8 years ago, I still have nowhere to plug in or set up my kiln. It hasn’t been used since we left Calif.

Kyrin

Falcolf
            Participant

Looking forwards to seeing the LP rock dragons! ๐Ÿ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

siberakh1
              Participant

While it is sad that I won’t be able to buy a cement rock dragon of any type from Windstone, I am excited that they might be available again in gypsum.

Maybe, with patience, I might be able to find one in cement at a later date (to add to my garden eventually when I get my own place), but just being able to get them again in gypsum is awesome. ๐Ÿ˜€

Scathach
                Participant

So the only ones you ever designed for outside use are now no longer going to be able to be outside? Can I just say how very very unhappy I am with this decision?

Kyrin

Yep, I am not so happy about it either, but we no longer have space ( or extra crew) to have a separate cement line!

On the other hand shipping a concrete sculpt undoubtedly costs a lot more than gypsum?

Life is beautiful.

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

I understand the dissapointment too, but I too have to say-it seems like most people kept them inside anyway. Have you ever lifted a Rock Dragon (not the “little” one) OMG! Those things weigh a ton!

But uh…Melody!….LP color…something similar to this guy with lots of blue!! Less stripes (because I know that would be too hard) or no stripes…but the yellowy color and the blue work well together I think ๐Ÿ˜€ please please?

or a greenish color…I LOVED this guy! This color, simplified would be spectacular.

Bullsquid
                    Participant

or a greenish color…I LOVED this guy! This color, simplified would be spectacular.

I think this would be a great LP color scheme. Beautiful mossy green with orange eyes on a grey stone would be so simple and striking.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

The green one is really pretty! Heck, if they come out with some great color schemes, I suspect that some of us would be willing to trade our cement ones for them to people that want a cement one.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

siberakh1
                        Participant

I LOVE that green one! The green ones or some of the gecko ones, but the green one is quite stunning!

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

That green is stunning!

twindragonsmum

tdm

bayoudragon
                            Participant

Yes, the green one. I’ll fess. I own him. He matches the decor in my living room. ๐Ÿ™‚ He was a my-life-sucks-right-now purchase. LOL.

…and I bought a new gargoyle gecko at the reptile expo… and pre-ordered BROM new art book… haven’t told the hubby how much any of this cost me. XD

And I still don’t feel better yet… so when are the big rock dragons coming out? I can’t afford another eBay piece, but I would really love to have an LP version of the big guy. A nice orange/copper color would pick up the other accents in my living room nicely. :bigsmile:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.