Why to keep the boxes…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Why to keep the boxes…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

I’ve been keeping my boxes as well, especially if they have inserts. I have no plans on moving any time soon – but it’s nice to know I can pack my guys safely (especially the larger sculpts) if the need to occurred.

Maria
      Participant

I keep the orginal boxes too, when the pieces come with them. It’s the safest way to transport any Windstone sculpture, unless you hold it in your lap with both hands. ๐Ÿ˜†

Tyrrlin
        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I keep the orginal boxes too, when the pieces come with them. It’s the safest way to transport any Windstone sculpture, unless you hold it in your lap with both hands. ๐Ÿ˜†

I would be SOOO tempted to do that, but I think airport security might have a problem with it…. especially if it were a Secret Keeper! ๐Ÿ˜†

Windstone collector in remission. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tyrrlin wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I would be SOOO tempted to do that, but I think airport security might have a problem with it…. especially if it were a Secret Keeper! ๐Ÿ˜†
          Leathal Weapon! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ XD

Maria
          Participant

For real – she might sit on somebody and squash them!

bayoudragon
            Participant

Could you imagine if you put her in the overhead storage?? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

How does that saying go? “…contents may have shifted during flight.” Someone’s getting a concussion. ๐Ÿ˜†

megamibabe16
              Participant

Ah, but if you put her up there she is sure to get chipped and damaged.

darjeb
                Participant

I have all the boxes, even the styrofoam from the early brown family, and keep them in the attic. My attic is at least half full of empty Winstone boxes and I also collect the limited edition porcelain face Cabbage Patch dolls and I have their boxes up there. My b/f thinks I am nuts

Yeah I keep boxes! I figure I have to because A) it makes re-packing SO much easier (and safer) and B) if you’re selling them collectors usually want the boxes).

In this same fashion I now keep all tags. My original Windstone, Jasper, doesn’t have his tag or box, but at the time I didn’t know any better. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I only buy ones with tag and boxes if I can unless there is a piece I REALLY want and don’t care regardless, so long as the piece is not chipped, rubbed, etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.