fbpx

Why I've been MIA or My turn to let some of it out

Home Forums Miscellany Community Why I've been MIA or My turn to let some of it out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Lupin
    Participant

OK so Khym’s been having some issues, they think they may be Seizures (Dog’s not alerting and an upped Pheno doesn’t seem to help)or headaches (possibly)due to the shunt. Let’s just put it this way if I(or any adult) were to have a headache that bad it would be classed as the severest Migraine possible, and I would be placed in the hospital for observation. I wouldn’t want to wish that on my worst enemy. There is also a third possibility, all the side effects of having a VP Shunt (the same thing as Little Mallory just got) we managed to escape, with the exception of ones that may happen at any time including in 30 years, but will invariable happen (He’ll out grow the shunts positioning and it’ll have to be replaced/positioned, or it’ll clog, every drain does at some time or another, just when and how often) and this also looks like what we’re dealing with, however after numerous visualizing tests they highly doubt these are the problems, I mean they literally cannot see that this is what’s happening. Later this month he goes to see his actually Neurologist, and have another EEG, he had one in June. Hopefully we can find out what’s up. Oh and there’s no identifiable triggers to this, but these “episodes happen(“Start”) at approximately 2:30am, sometimes up to an hour earlier or later.

My mom made her move here in June, and we spent all of that month and the first half of July running all over Northern Alberta(Though not as far North as Fort Mac.) trying to get her moved in and house hunting, we’re still looking for our future home(to buy). However now she’s back in Labrador finishing up her retirement.

I’ve got one little(3 almost 4 years old) cousin who’s had her open heart surgery, which was supposed to be done because it was “Now or Never” get put off 5 times in 9 months. She was born with her heart Valves reversed, and a couple of shunts between her heart and lungs as well as a hole in her heart. The hole mostly fixed it self, the Shunts were corrected within the first month, and the rest of the hole was closed off at around 18 months. But they were waiting until she started to go down hill before doing the reversal. Oh and I had another little cousin born with the same problem in May.

I Don’t even know where to begin with my Grandmother…. Let’s just put it this way, while my Mom’s back in Labrador she falls under Mine and my Male’s care, and we finally found out she’s had a broken foot for over a month…..and I’m not going into anything else, ’cause there’s way too much.

The car repairs are like my Nan, way too long to list… There’s a reason we’ve been looking at getting an brand new Smart(for 2) for a couple of months, at least some of the reasons for that are alleviated by the use of mom’s vehicle.

Oh and we just had to have our dog go through Surgery (still dealing with allergies) She had 5 teeth (Most of which were the big back chewers) and 4 “warts”/growths removed. Poor girl, she was in so much pain the first day even Khym was crying in sympathy. Note she’s a 12 year old Dalmation, so we have some considerations that have to be taken into account because of both age and breed. Also she’s had 4/5 vicious UTI’s in the last few months. They’ve been bad enough that the Vet’s couldn’t believe she was as happy and touchable as she was, actually they couldn’t believe she was able to sit, far less stand and walk. Apparently the levels she had normally mean the dogs already dead, just doesn’t know it yet. Again we thought she may have had Stones, not an infection, she’s high White Dally, and that is apparently linked with stupid high chance of stones, but nope still hasn’t had any.

I’m not going into Male or I’s problems, let’s just say thank god the Cat’s healthy, and he’s currently over at the Medi center.

Oh and all this is why I’ve not been logging in lately, but I have been following along. To top it off, last week Khym had one *BEEP* of a stomach Flu, we were so concerned he ended up in the ER twice in 1 day. I’ve never been as sick as my poor Little Heart was. So Yes I have missed some things, and may still be more of a lurker for a while, but I’m not too badly out of the loop…. I hope!!

And feel free to make this another “Life Sucks” thread!!! 😀 😀 😀 ‘Cause yeah usually it does!!

Lupin
      Participant

Bob

I hope everything gets better soon!!

Patricia
          Participant

Goodness! I’ll keep you in my prayers. As the saying goes “when it rains it pours.” I hope everything gets better soon!

Charmed Words

There is a reason for things
            What will be will be
            The future isn’t for us to see
            Believe that your dreams will come true
            In time they should
            Don’t stress
            Just feel that someday
            You will find those things
            Which have been in your dreams
            Believe that everything is possible
            That all problems are solvable
            And life is so livable
            Anything can happen
            If you want it to
            Put your heart towards
            This love of your life
            Everything will be alright.

© Morgan Green, 2008

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

You and your loved ones will be in my prayers!

That sucks Lupin. I hope things get better soon. *virtual hugs*

I would have said hello at the AP gaming the other day (when Snap was being Santa and delivering Jen’s books) but you were on the phone, so I say hi now!

darjeb
              Participant

I hope everything gets better for you and your family soon – hopes and prayers are being sent your way.

Lupin
                Participant

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

No Prob Dragon my Mom was calling between work and bed from Labrador to find out how the Khym, Jubilee, Nan, me and Marc were doing(in that order). She calls every single day, and more than once if she’s not working. *Sigh* I can’t wait until she’s out here full time, then she can cool it a bit….I hope!! But at least she’ll be the one looking after my Grandmother then.

Oy, Lupin!

I sure hope they can figure out what is wrong with Khym soon and help him…poor baby.

Poor doggie too, hope she gets better soon.

Man there is so much going on for you right now, i haven’t a clue where to start, so I’m just gonna say I hope things improve for everyone very soon.

*hugs*

Kyrin

Kyrin wrote:

Oy, Lupin!

I sure hope they can figure out what is wrong with Khym soon and help him…poor baby.

Poor doggie too, hope she gets better soon.

Man there is so much going on for you right now, i haven’t a clue where to start, so I’m just gonna say I hope things improve for everyone very soon.

*hugs*

Kyrin

What Kyrin said 🙂 and more Hugs.
                  My prayers are with you also.

lamortefille
                  Participant

Lots of good thoughts heading your way…

Jasmine
                    Participant

*Hugs* to all of you!!

*hugs and a VAT of chocolate* I hope things get better for you soon! But I’m glad you stopped in to say hi!

Lokie
                      Participant

Oh my, I’m so sorry about all the problems you and your family are dealing with. I’m sending positive and healing thoughts you and your family’s way!

Anonymous

Yeah.. but … see, I show up, and Khym is all smiles and giggles. He loves uncle.

And then I flirt with Lupin and make her all giggly.

I don’t know how to fix Mark.

😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.