fbpx

Why I've been MIA or My turn to let some of it out

Home Forums Miscellany Community Why I've been MIA or My turn to let some of it out

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Sorry to hear things are so rough. Hang in there, and ((hugs))!

Lupin
    Participant

So the newest episode is that Khym is currently in the Hospital, waiting on an opening in a Neurosurgeon’s Surgery Card.
      All thanks to those “Episodes” that we are now fairly certain are Migraines, but they want to make sure that it’s not his VP Shunt failing in a way that’s undetectable from Imaging. Yay.

We’re also trying really hard to find a cheaper place to move, if not get our own place, however with No Down-payment at all(& they generally wanting a 5% one), & houses in general coming in at above the $250-$300 G mark, that’s probably not happening. So Renting it is.

At least the Dog’s allergies are pretty well under control!!

You still in Edmonton? Cheap is a relative term around here…. it’s either expensive, or in very bad shape…. ๐Ÿ™„

And I hope the issues with Khym can be cleared up, and soon! ((hugs))

Lupin
      Participant

Yup Dragon, still in Edmonton.
        So you know what kind of undertaking this is, but we’re not looking strictly in Edmonton, but some of the smaller satellite Communities, ok well Hole in the wall communities, like Warburg.

Oh & Khym went down for his “Surgery” this evening, it was nice & fast(less than an hour). But I held him on the OR table while they had to Gas him, since he’d pulled his IV out again & had his Fluids going into the skin/muscle. & then had to leave him to come to work, & I had barely started shift when my Mom called (She was staying with him while the Male & I did our “Changing of the Guards” since we only have 2 hours from him getting home from work to my Getting into work) & he was out 7 would be up shortly, she was talking with the Neurosurgeon who did his “Surgery”.

Lupin
        Participant

So After that last Surgery I posted about, 2 weeks later Khym was back in for an exploratory “Shunt Revision” one. Yeah not so quick, & they came to bring him down JUST after I had left & had set foot on the train(Which is outside the Hospital). Yeah I had been waiting Literally all day for them, we were told they wouldn’t be making it down, if it was after such a time. Half hour later I left, & they came to get him.*Insert various & numerous swear words here.* ๐Ÿ™„
          He had the top part of his shunt slightly displaced & Crushed where they join together, & the top tube that goes into his Brain wasn’t draining like they like to see. Fix him up, he get’s released, & a week later we have another Migraine/Episode. At this point in time it’s a wait & see game. See if once his teeth are guaranteed all out that they go away completely. If not we start on Meds, & the only thing left from a Neurosurgery point is to do what they call “Skull Windows” Which is taking out chunks of his skull. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Like that’s going to go over well, that’ll mean we have to keep him in a helmet until they’re healed back over (if they can) & not neccessarily because that would be a normal protocol, but because of who, what,where & everything else that Khym is!!
          We got Khym home from that, & Jubilee got sick. Still don’t know what that Bloody dog ate to start that round, but we’re glad that she is over it now, & before she lost too much weight.
          We’re trying to Move, got a Place in St. Albert, normally a fairly expensive City but we’re in a Co-Op, so it’s going to be a lot better.
          The Cat is starting to become “Mrs. Adventurous” as opposed to “the Shadow’s Shadow”.
          Marc starts school the last of August for Khym’s 3rd Birthday (Labour Day Weekend)we’re giving him what we can only think of as the Greatest Birthday gift we could ever give him. We’re calling her Mhalia. ๐Ÿ˜€ & he’s the one who knew he was getting a Baby Sister first, he’s in Love with her. Now a week after she’s born I’m betting it’s not the same story.
          However I don’t know if it’s just ’cause this is a different Pregnancy, or because of the “Damage” Khym did to me, but this one is a Hell of a lot harder!!
          Add insult to injury the Male is having to do the entire Move, since I can barely do anything. Seriously, The fatigue/exhaustion is horrendous & so is the Pain. Throw on top of that where we are for this month the Upstairs Neighbors…well let’s say I have really gotten in driven back into my Skull exactly how much I hate Kids. & who ever the Hell is up there supposedly looking after them is no better. I bet it’s supposed to be bad that I was LMFAO when one of them Brats fell & seriously hurt them selves this afternoon. But that would also imply they’ve let me sleep either Night or Day in the last 2 weeks, & they don’t tease my dog. Oh & that they haven’t made my son terrified of being in our own place in a different room than us. He’s afraid the Robots are going to come crashing through our ceiling maybe partially our fault, he’s in love with the Transformers movies. We don’t let him out in the back to play or the front (there’s a very little yard, but at least there is one) nor the Dog out to do more than a quick Pee, since we’re now pretty certain that the Large Kitchen Knife & Heavy Glass candle holder & Lit Candle were on purpose to try & hit one of them, since those weren’t & Aren’t the only items that keep coming down. Oh he’s also starting to get scared of Thunder since he finds it hard to distinguish between the 2 of them. I think we now know what started his issues around Christmas, he’d spent too much time in this same place with the same Neighbors with his Maga(My Mom).

Oh & Little Mr. Smartness really NEEDS to get into a Pre-school, but our new place only actually has 1!! ๐Ÿ˜• His last evaluation they essentially kicked him out of the program because not only was he too smart/advanced for them to bother following up(far less a kid who’s had at least 3 possible causes of brain damage), but he’s too smart/advanced for a “Normal” Kid. 8) Just these Damned Migraines/Episodes. I could see them keeping him out of a Normal school/class. They are Horrendous & have been lasting up to 3/4 days.

Anonymous

Little miss Lupin was sneaky enough to get almost nine months without anyone noticing she was carrying a little sister for Khym.
            She was actually due on Khym’s birthday!! … but decided she needed a tan and more weight first! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Mhalia was born Friday night coming in (out?) at 8lb 10 oz and 21.5″

I haven’t seen her or got any pictures yet.

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Congrats, Lupin, on the safe arrival of Mhalia! Hope you’re able to get some rest :yes: Please post pix when you get a chance – I’d love to see your family! ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Jasmine
              Participant

Hugs congrats Lupin!! And yes, we want pics. ๐Ÿ˜€

pipsxlch
                Participant

BIG congratulations to y’all! Hope you can get some comfortable sleep now.

siberakh1
                  Participant

Congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Congratulations!

LuvsDragons
                      Participant

Congratulations!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Congrats Lupin on the birth an Mhalia! It’s a beautiful name and I wanna see pics. ๐Ÿ™‚

Katherine
                        Participant

I LOVE the name! I can’t wait to see pictures! Congratulations!!

Lokie
                          Participant

Congrats!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.