fbpx

Why it's the rockerbot art thread! (Updated 7-3)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Why it's the rockerbot art thread! (Updated 7-3)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Okay this next bunch is HEAVY PICSPAM because I did a whole bunch of these commissions.

But first a birthday present for a friend of mine of her little rat character being floated off into the air via a too-small balloon. Rather fond of this one.

Small sketchy commission for Kalamu of her awesome wingless gryphon character. She’s a sneakyburd. >)

My “digital watercolour” commissions, done with india ink brushpens, loose Photoshop colouring, and abuse of texture layers in Photoshop. People seem to love these. This one’s for Champawat, a friend from my old Lion King fanart days.

FRYSCO! The one and only rainbow lorikeet gryfsune. (Gryphon/ kitsune.) VERY fun piece to do, I love bright colours, I love parrots, and of course I love gryphons. So of course I enjoyed it. :>

‘Nother commission for a friend, this time of C Eagle, an uber-friendly music-loving eagle. People seem to like this one. :>

I guess I should explain this one. One of my good friends writes a great series of science fiction stories, complete with her own alien races she’s spent a long time developing. This character is one of those alien races- well, technically, she’s a “synthoid” fashioned after her alien race- the alien equivalent of an android. Here Mirri displays her “default” expression- utter cluelessness. X)

I’ve been busy, yah.

Katherine
    Participant

I really love these! All of the critters are so cute! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
      Participant

I love all of them!!

lamortefille
        Participant

rockerbot wrote:

Here Mirri displays her “default” expression- utter cluelessness. X)

I’ve been busy, yah.

πŸ˜† I know that look!

All of them are great! πŸ˜€

Lokie
          Participant

Very cute πŸ™‚

Bleh, I’m never here enough. At least I don’t have a HUGE IMAGE DUMP again.

Over at my DeviantArt account, I finally reached my 20,000 pageview, and the person who caught my 20,000 pageview via screenshot was awarded a kiriban in the form of gift arts. So this is Kittirra for Kata on dA, a black leopard/ dragon forest guardian. Very cool character. Had a lot of fun with the dark colours, I love painting night skies. <3

Dunno if you guys really enjoy the WALL-E fanart postings here…but here’s more. I figure EVE’s reaction to anything new would be something like this. I love her trigger-happiness.

Gah, got more art coming down the pipe since I’m taking commissions, so I’ll be back!

Hay guys! Haven’t been doing much besides badge commissions and such, so haven’t had much interesting stuff to post. But I got this now!

The nice thing about being a mad scientist AND a mage is that you can generate your own lightning.

Bizzaro Dakota!…as the name implies, this is the “opposite” version of my gryph character. In reality my Dakota is a sweet, loving and caring roboticist, despite all the things life has thrown at him, which included making him a widower. (Just about.) Although he is the creator of my little blue bird-like camerabot Lillian who was granted life through mage magic, he is far from a mad scientist.

So of course, his Bizzaro version is!

This is a year old…just about…I tried to finish it by last Halloween but failed…not that it was meant to be a Halloween pic but it fits will enough. Finally got it finished a few days before Halloween this year, huzzah!

Now he kind of reminds me of Dr. Horrible. XD

Mmloda
            Participant

I can’t believe this is the first time I’ve seen this thread …those are all AWSOME… πŸ˜‰ I really LOVE the first two Griffin pics… πŸ˜‰

Do you keep all of these or do you sell them ❓

Marzena

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

Kitirra!!! soo cute. i bet Kata lovvved it!

Purplecat
                Participant

I really like that pic! The character looks very devious!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

*Looks around* I haven’t updated since October? Oh, I gotta, I gotta get to this thing more.

Not that I’ve been doing much fantasy art lately, mostly I’ve been kind of stuck doing bahhdges for cons and such. It brings in the dough. πŸ˜›

Assorted sillies that can sort of maybe fit:

Okay, yes, this totally fits! Just a quickie for AllyKat/Rezzit. She’s showin’ off her scarf. The description I was given for the art exchange said she was most often drawn without wings…but some people are now telling me otherwise…but I just followed the description I got. XD

Some fanart:

Epic picture of Epic I did of M-O from WALL-E that was supposed to be a wallpaper for myself. The original is HUGE. I think I used it for a week…but I still love this picture.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the “guess the movie quotes” thread, and one day I went back and saw that people actually got my quote (but never got the original that I thought they were confused over), so here’s something I’d rarely post anywhere:

C’mon. Say it with me. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Sentiments based off one of my favourite FreeFall strips ever which means a lot, because I love FreeFall. But yes, there you go, guys, I do Short Circuit fanart, and even though I keep on saying I’ll stop I keep doing it. I just love that darn robot too much. πŸ˜€

Uhm uhm uhm…*digs through art files* I’ll come back later, I guess. AS FOR YOUR QUESTIONS:
                  mmloda> Well, a lot of what you see, especially the ink/”watercolour” pics, are commissions, so people commissioned me to draw them and so they also had the choice to to pay for me to ship the original art to them. I generally prefer to do this, mainly because I have a huge pile of art that’s outgrowing my storage area. I’ve tried to sell miscellaneous originals in the past, but that didn’t really work. Nobody was really interested. I can’t sell my fanart, obviously. I do make prints of a lot of the better art pieces, a lot of which had been posted here. You can see here: http://msbluesky.artspots.com (click “prints”.) Lastly, I do offer commissions, a lot of which you are seeing here (like I said) but I never really felt comfortable advertising commissions here.

I hope that answers your question. ^_^

Well I won’t allow myself to be forgotten. You guys are stuck with me.

This is all I really have to show for now, though. I should have more soon…this is for Golden-Gry, who’s waiting patiently for kiriban art on dA. I decided to use her to make some example art for some $10 commissions I’m offering in this style. (All ballpoint pen on cardstock.)

I rather like how it turned out. I hope I get to do more, especially fantasy critters. *nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more*

Maria
                  Participant

Ooh, I like ballpoint pen art. Nice!

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Beautiful, just beautiful!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
                      Participant

Nice work! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.