fbpx

Why it's the rockerbot art thread! (Updated 7-3)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Why it's the rockerbot art thread! (Updated 7-3)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I guess I’ll do an ACTUAL HONEST TO GOODNESS art thread like that’s all the craze now here on the Windstone boards!

Um…what were the last things I posted here? XD

I don’t remember. I haven’t had time to do a lot of fantasmic art.

Here’s what I’m pretty sure I haven’t posted.

WARNING: BIG IMAGES! I know you folks usually are A-OKAY with direct image posts but tell me if I should link ’em, mods.

http://www.kiwiberryfreezy.net/digitalillos/spreadmythunderwings.jpg (Link now because it’s sort of big.)
    I love They Might Be Giants…seriously. There was this one song they did called “Thunderbird”…which I’m pretty sure is about substance abuse. D: But they had this one phrase in the song that said “spread my thunderwings and fly” and I thought it was AWESOME. While you can’t make wings out of SOUND, which is what thunder is, I imagined lightning wings. So here’s mah robot Lillian with lightning wings. GROOVY.

Like most anything They Might Be Giants write, it isn’t lucid. “All meanings are correct, all meanings are bunk.”

OMG. It’s a baaaaaaaaby Dakota. :> I started this more than a year ago, back with the griffie chicks were being released by Windstone, so there’s obvious inspiration. And his wings are all PINFEATHERY! Oh no, pinfeathers itch. πŸ™

JUST FINISHED THIS TODAY, WEEE! When I got Jen’s art book I wanted to get out my pens and pencils immediately and draw some gryphons. SO I DID. Dakota and Lindsay being all snuggly, as per usual. SAPS. I like this, even though the Nambroth influence is TERRIBLY HORRIBLE OBVIOUS. Sorry Nam. :<

I like abusing textures in my artwork. A LOT.

That’s all for now!

Stephanie
    Participant

Beautiful pieces!

lamortefille
      Participant

Those are very cool!

Adaneth
        Participant

I love that bottom one of the Nam-inspired πŸ˜‰ griffins. What neat ears the big one has! πŸ˜€

Melody
          Keymaster

Oh so sweet! I am glad to see you posting your wonderful stuff here!

Travistie
            Participant

Beautiful artwork! πŸ˜€
              Those griffins are just adorable though.

Jasmine
              Participant

Very cool. And I love They Might Be Giants too. “Istanbul was Constantinople…” πŸ˜†

Lokie
                Participant

Really cool!

Huurrurrr….thanks you guys. I am HORRIBLE at responding to praise, I am so sorry. ‘Snot as if I’m ignoring you. D:

Just posting one little one ’cause I thought it was neat:

A genetically modified wolf character I got for a sketch exchange. Basically described to have “bones under her skin.” (I’m not one to draw creatures that skinny, myself!) Everybody said she was cute, which was NOT the intention, but the person liked it.

This was all completed and shaded in ballpoint pen. WEEE. That was fun. Seriously.

BDW
                  Participant

I really like your griffins πŸ˜€ well done!

Purplecat brought up my avatar, and since I have the OK to post fanart, I decided, hey, why not, I’ll post my silly WALL-E fanart here.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. There are a few notable exceptions, but most people I know loved it. I’d say these pictures don’t give away anything (the first picture maaaaaaaaaaaybe has something but it’s a small element that won’t give much of anything away out of context.)

Photoshop and OpenCanvas= my love. This is only a few weeks old and I look at it and I feel it’s kind of bad and off model but people seem to REALLY like it anyway.

Maybe because it’s sap. πŸ˜›

I can’t take credit for this idea. Somebody on the LiveJournal community had the idea, but said she didn’t have the artistic skills to pull it off, so I ran with it. I love this one, myself. (The drawings are actually in Prismacolour pencils, but who’s counting?)

Hopefully better stuffs to come!

Maria
                    Participant

WALL-E! That’s only coming out next month over here, and I can’t wait to watch it.

Adaneth
                      Participant

I love your depiction of Eve–it looks like her eyes are really glowing! πŸ˜€

Purplecat
                        Participant

you did a beautiful job with both pics, wall-e is awesome! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.