fbpx

White Old Warrior Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone White Old Warrior Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Travistie
    Participant

Okay, I only became a forum member a few days ago, and just bought a Poad. That’s all I have right now… is a Poad. I have no dragons, but saw this White Old Warrior in the store for $300.00. He looks really cool, and am very tempted to buy him… but just don’t know if I should fork out a bunch of money for this one dragon. Can anyone tell me how many of him were made, and is he is signed by Melody? πŸ˜€

Travistie
      Participant

I know he is limited! Thats about it πŸ˜€ I wonder why he is more than the others is white paint expensive πŸ˜†

SPark
        Participant

White gets no love. Any time something white goes on sale, fewer people want it.

But this means that given a few years after something’s retired in white, since so very many fewer were originally sold, suddenly they’re rare and hard to find!

As for the white old warrior, Melody has made some limited ones after ending regular production on them, but one you see in a store will not be signed, and none of them are numbered. There were probably at least a few hundred of them made, I’m really not sure the scale that old warriors sell on.

But see above about white being rare. $300 is a perfectly reasonable price for a white old warrior, and it’s not like they just pop up on ebay every day. You pretty much never see them for sale. $300 is what they sell for direct from the Windstone Store, where there are still a few left. So getting it locally for $300 without shipping isn’t half bad, really.

Travistie
          Participant

Griffiness wrote:

I know he is limited! Thats about it πŸ˜€ I wonder why he is more than the others is white paint expensive πŸ˜†

Yeah, that’s what I’m wondering too. πŸ˜• Usually when they are priced higher like that, it means only few were produced, or they are signed by the artist. But the white dragons seem to be more sought after by collectors. At least that’s how I’ve seen it in the past. Maybe I outta just ask Melody herself.

Maebnus
            Participant

I don’t recall the white OW ever being made for production(?). So the cost is likely due to being 1) newer, or 2) limited production. Cost increases over time as new colors come out… white isn’t new, but it is for the OW, as is brown (which is also $300). And if you look at some of the other sculpts, like Rising Spectral, or Scratcher, the brown is more expensive in those too. So I think it’s a combination of newness and being limited. It seems to make sense to me anyway… but I could be wrong!

Maria
              Participant

White OWs are limited production and signed by the artist. When they’re gone, they’re gone. Go for it.

Maebnus
                Participant

Hmm… I didn’t know they were signed. It doesn’t mention that in the store. *shrug* It’s cool either way. I say go for it too, travistie. I’ve got 2 other OWs & I love ’em. And I’m itching for the brown one. They’re my hubby’s fave sculpt too.

Maria
                  Participant

I’m pretty sure the OWs are signed. My brown kinglet is, even though it doesn’t mention that in the store.

Travistie
                    Participant

SPark wrote:

White gets no love. Any time something white goes on sale, fewer people want it.

But this means that given a few years after something’s retired in white, since so very many fewer were originally sold, suddenly they’re rare and hard to find!

As for the white old warrior, Melody has made some limited ones after ending regular production on them, but one you see in a store will not be signed, and none of them are numbered. There were probably at least a few hundred of them made, I’m really not sure the scale that old warriors sell on.

But see above about white being rare. $300 is a perfectly reasonable price for a white old warrior, and it’s not like they just pop up on ebay every day. You pretty much never see them for sale. $300 is what they sell for direct from the Windstone Store, where there are still a few left. So getting it locally for $300 without shipping isn’t half bad, really.

I personally love the white dragons. I did when I collected Windstones a few years back, and had one too. I’ve never owned an OW dragon. I know they are a generally a little more expensive that the male or mother dragons. I was just curious about the price on the white one in the store though, cause the ruby one is only $235.00. That is probably because ruby has been around for a while and the white is newer. So Maebnus3 has a good point there. I think either way though, he would be a good purchase cause he looks frickin awesome! πŸ˜€

I did want a white OW but then i was also after the gold and i thought there was no point getting the white if they had been produced before and they were more expensive.
                      But i may change my mind if they are limited customs frowns on anything $300 and over BIG time I wish the Whites were $290 or something πŸ˜•

Travistie
                      Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I’m pretty sure the OWs are signed. My brown kinglet is, even though it doesn’t mention that in the store.

I was wondering the same thing about him too. There are only a few left of the Hatching Kinglet, and he’s really cool too. I figured Melody would have to have signed him. Oh, which one should I get first… I’m soooo torn! I know my husband would prefer the little one of course. He’d totally flip out if he found out how much I spent on the OW. He doesn’t collect anything, so he doesn’t get it πŸ™„

SPark
                        Participant

I thought the whites were made general production? I was assuming that “the store” was a local store, not the online Windstone store, sorry!

Weren’t they pretty much like the ruby, made generally but then retired and only sold direct?

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure, but I think white old warriors were Limited Production only (like the brown old warriors).
                            That’s why the ruby is less- ruby IS a normal production color for the Old Warriors and so the price is close to the price you’d find in a retail store. Though now I think they have been phased back to limited production only, as I don’t see them on the list as available for retailers.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

Maebnus
                            Participant

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t regular production. I’ve never seen a white OW in person, and I’ve always been near a store that carried all the current colors. Plus Astral Castle doesn’t list it, and they only list stuff available in regular retail stores.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.