fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Jennifer,keep your chin up πŸ™‚ I guess that is the reason they have the old cliche’..starving artists. My husband has promised me one of your pieces in the Fall.He is very impressed with the ducks you were showing,won him over.We are tight at the moment with storm season on us but I get one soon!!YAY!!! πŸ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Ditto what bodine says–I love your work and feel what you’re asking is right on. We’d all hate to see you have to quit–this economy just sucks right now and it may be a while before some of us has any money. There are some things I would buy now if I could. We’re behind you and support you in every way but be able buy one of your pieces right now! We’re interested, we’re interested–uh, do you take long, long term payments? πŸ˜€

Skigod377
        Participant

Im really sorry Jen. Yep, starving artist is right. I def dont think you should give it up at all! But if its not paying the bills and you need it to, then maybe you can do it as a hobby. Def dont quit, though… your stuff is puuuurty.

My whine-its hot.

Pegasi1978
          Participant

[whine]
            My sister in law is ruining my chances of going to Islands of Adventure.

Hubby’s family and I are going to Disney World this week for Brother-In-Law’s birthday/taking my nephew to get his first Mouse ears. We’ll be there Friday. My mother-in-law tossed out the possibility of her watching my son and my nephew on Thursday so we 4 adults (me, hubby, BIL, SIL) could have a fun day to ourselves at either a Disney or Universal park. I started lobbying for Islands of Adventure because I’ve never been and there is so much there I want to do (Marvel Super Hero Island and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in particular). Hubby was/is on board with me.

SIL doesn’t like heights or roller coasters. BIL is going to show her some of the things at Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios and I just know she’ll pick Universal Studios over Islands of Adventure. She’s such a wuss and I’m probably going to miss out on my one chance of going to Islands of Adventure because if her.

Oh and the day after we get back from the trip is when hubby and I go before the magistrate for the final hearing for “Petition for Dissolution of Marriage” aka our divorce.
            [/whine]

PhoenixTears
            Participant

Thats nuts! If you’re going to Universal side, all you have to do is walk over to the Isle of Adv side. There should be a 2 for 1 kind of bargain ticket. IofAvd side of WAY more fun but yes, it does have much more vomit kind of rides, especially roller coasters. I want to live in the new Harry Potter section (and it use to be my favourite part of the park anyway so if they had to redo it, I’m so happy it’s Harry Potter). Peg, you’ve simply got to work it where you can spend time on both sides of Universal Studios. You’re there anyway, convince them into a compromise! For me, Disney is a waste but then I’ve spent so much time there over the years. Geared very much towards kids and doesn’t catch my fancy whereas Universal keeps both kids and adults entertained.

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Stephanie
              Participant

Braxton Hicks Contractions… 12 weeks to go… Yes, I am pregnant again.

Jasmine
                Participant

Congrats Serenity!! πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                  Participant

Big congrats, Serenity! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Yay! Congrats Serenity! Me boyohs want to know where your ‘count down’ clicker is… πŸ˜• πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Sway wrote:

Thats nuts! If you’re going to Universal side, all you have to do is walk over to the Isle of Adv side. There should be a 2 for 1 kind of bargain ticket. IofAvd side of WAY more fun but yes, it does have much more vomit kind of rides, especially roller coasters. I want to live in the new Harry Potter section (and it use to be my favourite part of the park anyway so if they had to redo it, I’m so happy it’s Harry Potter). Peg, you’ve simply got to work it where you can spend time on both sides of Universal Studios. You’re there anyway, convince them into a compromise! For me, Disney is a waste but then I’ve spent so much time there over the years. Geared very much towards kids and doesn’t catch my fancy whereas Universal keeps both kids and adults entertained.

Not long after I posted my whine my BIL called to say his wife decided for IoA. So much fun! We got there at 8am and left by 5pm as our feet were killing us (and my BIL wasn’t doing to well, due to heat and blood pressure medicines).

PhoenixTears
                        Participant

Pegasi, what was your favourite part? And yes, a day at any of the parks will kill your feet all year round. But going to the parks in FL summers is a torture all unto itself with the heat. They always have extra medics on site because the combo of heat and the extra adrenaline of awesome rides, while fun in the moment, can be a very dangerous cocktail. I’ve helped more than enough people who were simply standing in line behind me waiting to get food somewhere and suddenly they drop right onto my back because they pass out. Thankfully in all my experiences, the people working those restaurants listened to my requests and responded immediately (get a cold rag in water, get apple juice, etc). Of course people accompanying the ailing person are already on their phones or calling for professional help but if you know what to do instantly and you’re there, I can’t help but help.

Good that you got to go to IoA side. And hope, despite heat and feet, that you had a wonderful time.

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

I think my favorite part was when we went in Ollivanders wand shop. We were some of the last people allowed in and when we moved all the way over and I saw we would be blocking two little girls views I asked them if they wanted to be up front. Turns out one of those little girls got picked to have the “movie experience” of the wand picking her.

My new whine? Why did I have to fall in love with this in one of the shops at Disney? It costs right around what a WE test paint goes for ($450-475 – which makes sense because it is a numbered limited edition of 500). πŸ˜₯ If I can save the money up fast enough I can send to to one of the people I know who work at Disney, thus getting an employee discount, but it would still be ~$300.

Jasmine
                            Participant

Darn it, Peg…now I want it. πŸ˜€ It really is adorable.

LadyFirebird
                              Participant

[sigh] So many pretties–so little money! πŸ™„

bayoudragon
                                Participant

It’s hot. That is all.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,863 total)
                                • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.