fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

I live in mortal fear of my ac dying. Certainly won’t begrudge sharing that picture with a fellow heat-hater! 🙂

Shotzy11
      Participant

We found at a local grocery store coconut sugar. We use it in everything now. Coffee,baking etc. So far it works great. It is light brown in color and organic. Anyways just throwing that out there. ( it is a little more expensive but we’ve been happy with the result. )

Good luck battling the heat. It’s pretty intense here in Texas too.

Ciarnet
        Participant

We lost our old fellow today. He was fourteen this month, he has been with us since my husband and I got married. The complications over the last year with his health finally won out. I think it ranks amongst the hardest things I have ever done to utter the acceptance to put him to sleep.

He had been diabetic for the last six years and his kidneys just couldn’t hold out anymore. He had been doing so well.

I love you Kas, and I already miss you more than words can say.

Photobucket

Awww Ciarnet I am so sorry for the loss of your furry family member. It is so hard to have to make decisions like that but it is the kindest thing to do. 14 yrs is a good long amount of time to get to share and treasure memories with a Fantastic Feline.

Falcolf
          Participant

I’m very sorry for your loss Ciarnet. I unfortunately know how you feel as I had to deal with the loss of my Sunny-baby last year, which I am still reeling from from. He had had a stroke and we waited to see if he’d get better, but eventually my parents decided it was better to end him. I wasn’t there, but I’ve vowed than next time one of my animals go, I will be if I can be. At times like this, I wish there was something that we could say that could actually make the pain leave. Just remember your kitty and hold his memory close to your heart. Concentrate on the happy times. 🙂

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

fatalbeauty
            Participant

awr, sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty….

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Chloe
              Participant

So sorry for your loss. He will live forever in your heart.

Grayfire_artz
                Participant

*big hugs* I’m so sorry.

Fur babies are so very important and dear to all of us. To see them in pain and have to let them go is the hardest thing to face.

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

ugh everyone in my family now thinks I am crazy because I have a book ghost or we need to change the locks on the house =P I’m crazy organized with my books, I have 5 6foot+ shelves holding my current collection, a closet bookshelf with children’s books I want to keep, and a desk built with more shelves for my reference and school books. I have two half shelves that hold books I own but haven’t read yet, and only those are in no real order. Everything else is very organized by my own crazy little system, which really is a system; I am like 10 weeks away from having my MLIS, I can do book organization =P
                    So yeah, I found a book today on one of my big shelves that I do not own and I have never read it. My non-bookish family thinks I’m crazy to be upset over “forgetting” about buying (and reading?!?!!?) a book, and I am of course entirely freaked out and pissed the family thinks I’m cracking a bit with this last school semester =P

….so anyone ever banish a book ghost?

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Actually, this is a nice surprise, no? I’m thinking someone else put it on your shelf by mistake and forgot about it. Or you indeed have a ghost, in which case, reading the book it brought is the only way to get rid of it!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I am so sorry too….The pain of such a loss can last a long time. I still miss my Sebastian, And Zoe every day. 🙁

Grayfire_artz
                      Participant

Sooooo I haven’t seen my boyfriend in a year now and we are currently working on fixing that so we can work out our differences and get heading to marriage or moving on. Anyway a few months back he kinda well made out with a girl he has known for a few years that I positively don’t like and had prior told him “Ben she likes you, don’t kid yourself into thinking you two can really just be friends”. Anyways we have been working through that the best that we can with the 6000 mile gap. Anyhow this #%$#^ is also mutual friends with all of his friends so this weekend is a wedding of one these mutual friends….Am I going s bit nuts and wanting to kinda be a crazy person right now…Yes.

Also I will probably end up seeing her while I am out this coming up year. And my dislike for her also goes to the point of she has a FREAKING BOYFRIEND!! So she cheated on him with mine while he was and still is in AFGHANISTAN!!! I’ve met him to and he was a fantastically sweet guy that was so completely in love with her. Dang it want to slap her and kick my boyfriend in the balls $#%#@%^@%$#&%^^@%#$………

AAAAH I don’t want to feel anxious and crazy like a crazy person!

Christine
                        Participant

Sooooo I haven’t seen my boyfriend in a year now and we are currently working on fixing that so we can work out our differences and get heading to marriage or moving on. Anyway a few months back he kinda well made out with a girl he has known for a few years that I positively don’t like and had prior told him “Ben she likes you, don’t kid yourself into thinking you two can really just be friends”. Anyways we have been working through that the best that we can with the 6000 mile gap. Anyhow this #%$#^ is also mutual friends with all of his friends so this weekend is a wedding of one these mutual friends….Am I going s bit nuts and wanting to kinda be a crazy person right now…Yes.

Also I will probably end up seeing her while I am out this coming up year. And my dislike for her also goes to the point of she has a FREAKING BOYFRIEND!! So she cheated on him with mine while he was and still is in AFGHANISTAN!!! I’ve met him to and he was a fantastically sweet guy that was so completely in love with her. Dang it want to slap her and kick my boyfriend in the balls $#%#@%^@%$#&%^^@%#$………

Oh Grayfire. I hope you can feel the waves of sympathy and hug-vibes from me.

I don’t know much about your situation, it is obviously complex. However, it seems like the writing might be on the wall. I worry about you committing to someone who cheated on you. You even voiced your misgivings about that person before the cheating occurred! And in the ‘heat of the moment’ he still managed to not think about that conversation with you? That’s pretty crappy.

I assume he knew the girl had a boyfriend in Afghanistan? So this makes him look like he’s willing to cheat on his girlfriend, AND he’s ok with being ‘the other guy’ to a guy who’s serving the country.

I have been on both sides of a situation like this which is why I am hesitant to condemn anyone… but this kind of situation is really, really hard to come back from unless both parties of the couple are EXTREMELY committed to making it work. I can see that you are. Just please be very careful in your assessment of how much he wants to work on this relationship with you.

It might be better in the long run to accept this turn of events as an indication that you have some real incompatibilities in your core values. That’s really hard for both parties to come to terms with if in a relationship with one another. Only you can decide if this turn of events really is an indication of that. But please be careful with your heart. <3

We are here for you to talk to also. Hugs hugs.

Grayfire_artz
                          Participant

Oh Grayfire. I hope you can feel the waves of sympathy and hug-vibes from me.

I don’t know much about your situation, it is obviously complex. However, it seems like the writing might be on the wall. I worry about you committing to someone who cheated on you. You even voiced your misgivings about that person before the cheating occurred! And in the ‘heat of the moment’ he still managed to not think about that conversation with you? That’s pretty crappy.

I assume he knew the girl had a boyfriend in Afghanistan? So this makes him look like he’s willing to cheat on his girlfriend, AND he’s ok with being ‘the other guy’ to a guy who’s serving the country.

I have been on both sides of a situation like this which is why I am hesitant to condemn anyone… but this kind of situation is really, really hard to come back from unless both parties of the couple are EXTREMELY committed to making it work. I can see that you are. Just please be very careful in your assessment of how much he wants to work on this relationship with you.

It might be better in the long run to accept this turn of events as an indication that you have some real incompatibilities in your core values. That’s really hard for both parties to come to terms with if in a relationship with one another. Only you can decide if this turn of events really is an indication of that. But please be careful with your heart. <3

We are here for you to talk to also. Hugs hugs.

Thank you I really appreciate your words. I’ve thought about all of this and honestly I do feel that this is something both myself and him are working hard to get past. The distance has really complicated things beyond what I could have anticipated and then all the laws and legislation that are in our way….I just hope that things work and that if he isn’t going to be the person I need him to be that I can walk away. I talk with him about this a lot and we are both trying not to kid ourselves about the diverticulitis and issues that are ahead of us.

Why couldn’t I just have kept my old job?? I hate training. I don’t want to train.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,863 total)
                          • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.