fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Good to hear! I’m glad that you made it through the recent DC area sleet/snow/rain/ice/slop without any additional problems. πŸ™‚

Yeah – easy to do when you can’t go anywhere but the top floor in a split foyer! It was pretty watching the snow fall last week, but I was concerned for my Hubby – he still had to go to work in the mess and he didn’t have his helper to shovel the driveway & take out the dog. He’s been great – I can’t really do too much around the house yet. I am progressing though. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Azurielle
      Participant

Long time…no whine…

So I really hoped 2015 was going to be a better year…It has not been thus far. My husband got hurt at work and was denied workers comp for a injury that left him barely able to lift his arm because he was hurt in an “accident” and it wasn’t his spine, even thought everyone agreed it happened at work. He now has no job and can’t even really find another one until his arm is better. Then I hurt my should and have to cough up for another MRI because they suspect a shoulder tear. After a brain tumor scare, my son has officially been diagnosed with autism, sensory disorder, and vision impairment. My parents are a step away from divorce after almost 40 years and using me as an outlet. My poor nephew is stuck with his rotten drug using mother because Florida’s DCF does not care about children or their safety one bit. And chronic pain for the past 12 years is finally catching up to me and driving me nuts, even though I work with some great docs who have done their best to try to help manage it. And less life alteringly, I’ve had to sell off a fair amount of things, including windstones due to mounting bills and watched some of my long-waited for piece pass me by due to medical bills being more important. And I totally missed the pink fledgies after years of asking for them…the one sculpt I could have still afforded. So…whine!

Keeper of the Fledgings

Natasha
        Participant

Long time…no whine…

So I really hoped 2015 was going to be a better year…It has not been thus far. My husband got hurt at work and was denied workers comp for a injury that left him barely able to lift his arm because he was hurt in an “accident” and it wasn’t his spine, even thought everyone agreed it happened at work. He now has no job and can’t even really find another one until his arm is better. Then I hurt my should and have to cough up for another MRI because they suspect a shoulder tear. After a brain tumor scare, my son has officially been diagnosed with autism, sensory disorder, and vision impairment. My parents are a step away from divorce after almost 40 years and using me as an outlet. My poor nephew is stuck with his rotten drug using mother because Florida’s DCF does not care about children or their safety one bit. And chronic pain for the past 12 years is finally catching up to me and driving me nuts, even though I work with some great docs who have done their best to try to help manage it. And less life alteringly, I’ve had to sell off a fair amount of things, including windstones due to mounting bills and watched some of my long-waited for piece pass me by due to medical bills being more important. And I totally missed the pink fledgies after years of asking for them…the one sculpt I could have still afforded. So…whine!

At least there’s good news on the Fledge front – Susie posted that there will be more added at some point for people who missed out.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
          ANY Red Eyed Unis
          ANY Test Paint Bat
          UNIS:
          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
          Male- Snow Leopard TP
          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
          Mother: Okapi
          Gothic - Mahogany
          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

jmoore
          Participant

Hugs to you, azurielle! I do hope things get better for you soon (and – argh! – you are SO right about DCF!).

phantomess
            Participant

I have a couple things to type about…
              Firstly, as a follow-up to my post on the previous page: the good news is, my doctor assured me from the results of my tests that my pain issues aren’t caused by an internal health problem. So, at least I can be a bit relieved about that.
              Although I haven’t had another scary-bad, inhibiting flare-up of pain, I still have had some pain issues when moving around doing stuff, some days more than others. This sucks since I am a pretty active person, with an active job working with & taking care of dogs and I also go to the gym a lot (less lately due to this crap). I’ve gone for a couple visits to a physical therapist my doctor recommended- my dr. and and the therapist tell me my pelvis is out of alignment with the right side tilted up and out and backwards and the therapist also said the spacing on a couple of my ribs is off (she says probably due to tight muscles from the alignment issue)as well as the spacing or tilt of some of my vertebrae. The therapist has me doing a couple of simple things at home, sitting & lifting up with my right leg while holding it down with my hand, pressing outward with that leg while holding it in with my hand, getting down on my hands & knees and turning my body to the side (some kind of rib movement thing), and laying down & hiking my right hip up towards my shoulder while having my right leg held in place by my husband (so not really hiking it up).
              These things haven’t been making a difference so far, nor the things she did in-office while I was there. I kind of feel that if my pain issues are alignment-related, I need to do something that will better address the root cause, fixing the alignment and teaching me to keep it that way.
              Tired of this crap. I feel like an old person instead of in my 20s.

Ok, and the second topic I wanted to whine about… I live in Colorado & my parents live in California. They just sold their house in CA they’ve been in for 30-something years (and I grew up in obviously). That in itself is pretty emotional to me. They’re moving out a month before my next visit to them, so I don’t get to see it one last time and say goodbye to it. It’s a 3-acre place, I grew up having horses there and riding the tractor & dirt bike around, etc. And I love visiting home. So I’m despairing enough that I won’t get to visit “home” anymore.
              But the worst part is, my parents plan to just leave their 3 cats there with the house. I love my parents, but this is just terrible of them. The oldest one of the cats, named Bobby, is the one we got when I was in my early teens so I played a large part in raising him and I love him very much. It was hard leaving him when I moved away.
              When my parents told me some weeks ago that when they move, they may not take their cats with them (they say it’s because the cats are used to living in that yard, blah blah), I said I wanted to take Bobby. They sounded agreeable to it and my husband and I were under the impression that was the plan. Now that my parents sold the house (they haven’t moved yet; they’re planning to move in late April or early May), I brought up the subject of the cats again on the phone yesterday. My dad was like, “Oh, the new owners said they can stay there.” I couldn’t believe it. I asked again about taking Bobby, and they said his health isn’t very good and they don’t think the trip would be good for him, etc.
              My dad kind of managed to change the subject but I ended up typing a pretty long e-mail to my parents (especially to my mom) about it. I can’t believe they would leave the cats behind. Don’t they care about them? Sure, they’re used to that property, but people move with cats all the time. They’re your pets and part of your family- you’re supposed to care about them and you’re supposed to be devoted to taking care of them! You certainly don’t desert a family pet when it gets old!! I love Bobby SO much. I always look forward to seeing him on my visits and he is always happy to see me. I’ve always given him a lot of love. I really think the best way for him to spend his last days would be to come live with me, where he will get lots of love & attention and be well tended to (not to mention it would do ME/my heart good to have my kitty again). The new owners of the house have no attachment to him/no motivation to give him the care he needs in his old age. I can’t stand the thought of abandoning him there. I’m pretty sure all 3 cats will not stick around when my parents leave, especially since it sounds like the new people will be doing construction work on the property. A lot will be going on. The new owners won’t even be living in the house for a while for pete’s sake, so who would take care of them then?! The other 2 cats don’t even like new people. One of them still doesn’t even like to let me get close when I visit. They’ll probably end up becoming strays.
              I’ve got to get them to let me take Bobby. They’ll be moved out of the old house before I visit in late June, but if I could convince them to take him temporarily to the new house and then let me take him home with me in June…
              I have 2 kitties here in my house already but I believe I could ease them into accepting each other.
              I just don’t know if I can convince my parents at all. I’m despairing about it.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

jmoore
              Participant

Wow – sounds to me like you need to see a really good chiropractor!

And I don’t know what to say about your kitty! But I hope you are able to work it out so you can take him home with you.

Hugs!

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Phantomness is there a neighbor that lives close enough to your folks that you know and trust that would be willing to care for your furbabies until arrangements can be made for you to get them? Might it be possible to board the kitties for a few days at a local vet while travel arrangements can be made? I know these options can be spendy and everyone is on tight budgets these days… Maybe a possibility of your mum and dad driving out to you and you meeting them at a half way point to pick up Bobby and his friends – that’s what we’d sometimes do for vacays with cousins for me boyohs when they were younger… Don’t despair yet, there’s gotta be something we can come up with… Which part of Cali are your folks in? I’ve got family in a variety of places that might be willing to board kitties…. *wracks brain*

tdm

tdm

phantomess
                  Participant

Thanks guys… TDM, I just responded to your PM.
                    I’m working on trying to work it out, need to talk to my parents again. I wrote them a pretty long e-mail Saturday evening about my feelings trying to convince them to let me take Bobby. The main thing is just getting them to understand, then I think the details can be worked out (IF I get them to agree). I’m hoping to talk to them, particularly my mom, on the phone about it soon. My mom tends to be more understanding about stuff like this.

And, a little correction, it’s phantom-ess, not -ness. πŸ˜‰

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Ack! Sorry on the spelling, I didn’t have my reading glasses on *vanity will be my downfall *… Responded πŸ™‚

tdm πŸ™‚

tdm

Falcolf
                      Participant

Whine time for me again! πŸ™ Last Christmas I made two handmade catnip filled kitty toys out of random shaped bits of scrap quilting cloth (actually really pretty) and called them ‘catnip perogies.’ I gave the large one to my boys (I’ve two little fuzzy men so I figured the larger one would last longer for them) and the little one to my eldest brother Kevin for his new cat Moose. Before he left I made sure that he did not forget it. Well, guess what – I found it today – and the caveat? He told me that Moose ripped it apart months ago (yet my boys’ perogy is intact and still providing feline enjoyment.) So, my brother’s an absolute liar and after having been treated HORRIBLY by the bosses at my last job (who were ALWAYS talking behind people’s backs and lying,) this really bothers me. It also makes me worry that any of the art that I’ve made him in the past (like the original painting of Lake O’Hara in Yoho National Park that I did which was of familiar significance and really heartfelt on my part – I was trying to bring him the Rockies, since he’s stuck in Vancouver,) has either been thrown out or just hidden away in storage. It makes me think that he just thinks of me as his dumb cute sister and this really makes me feel like confronting him and asking where the heck the painting that I did of Lake O’Hara is because if he truly doesn’t want it then he should give it back so that it can be enjoyed by someone (me or my parents) who actually does care about it and the meaning behind it.

And sure, the catnip perogy was a little lopsided, but my cats LOVE theirs and let’s be honest – CATS DO NOT CARE WHAT SHAPE THEIR TOYS ARE! Plus, it was made with love and I think it was way better than a store bought cat toy just because of that. πŸ™ Anyway, now my boys will have it and I will have to decide whether or not to (politely) snap at/approach Kev over this. He’s my favourite brother but this really makes me question what he thinks about me and my art. Trying really hard not to cry over this at the moment! πŸ™

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Linda
                        Participant

I think you should tell him off. If he didn’t want it he still should of taken it home.

Prezaurian
                          Participant

Whine time for me again! πŸ™ Last Christmas I made two handmade catnip filled kitty toys out of random shaped bits of scrap quilting cloth (actually really pretty) and called them ‘catnip perogies.’ I gave the large one to my boys (I’ve two little fuzzy men so I figured the larger one would last longer for them) and the little one to my eldest brother Kevin for his new cat Moose. Before he left I made sure that he did not forget it. Well, guess what – I found it today – and the caveat? He told me that Moose ripped it apart months ago (yet my boys’ perogy is intact and still providing feline enjoyment.) So, my brother’s an absolute liar and after having been treated HORRIBLY by the bosses at my last job (who were ALWAYS talking behind people’s backs and lying,) this really bothers me. It also makes me worry that any of the art that I’ve made him in the past (like the original painting of Lake O’Hara in Yoho National Park that I did which was of familiar significance and really heartfelt on my part – I was trying to bring him the Rockies, since he’s stuck in Vancouver,) has either been thrown out or just hidden away in storage. It makes me think that he just thinks of me as his dumb cute sister and this really makes me feel like confronting him and asking where the heck the painting that I did of Lake O’Hara is because if he truly doesn’t want it then he should give it back so that it can be enjoyed by someone (me or my parents) who actually does care about it and the meaning behind it.

And sure, the catnip perogy was a little lopsided, but my cats LOVE theirs and let’s be honest – CATS DO NOT CARE WHAT SHAPE THEIR TOYS ARE! Plus, it was made with love and I think it was way better than a store bought cat toy just because of that. πŸ™ Anyway, now my boys will have it and I will have to decide whether or not to (politely) snap at/approach Kev over this. He’s my favourite brother but this really makes me question what he thinks about me and my art. Trying really hard not to cry over this at the moment! πŸ™

If you feel this strongly about it, you should probably talk to him about it.

However, I feel I should present another side to this because it’s worth taking the time to stand back and take a moment to catch your breath. It’s possible (I don’t know your brother, so this is only a guess at a possibility) that even though you reminded him, he still forgot to take it with him. Perhaps misplaced it before packing to leave. So he told you that his cat liked it so much that he ripped it up to keep your feelings from being hurt.

I just wanted to say this because it would be awful if you got into a fight with a sibling over a possible misunderstanding. And I know when I have an awful day it colors EVERYTHING else.

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Here’s an update about my Knee surgery issue:

Physical therapy has been going well for the past two weeks – mainly stretching exercises. Yesterday, April 8, they adjusted my brace to bend at 70 degrees – a relatively big jump from the 40 degrees it was at for the past week. It hurt at first to bend that much. Boy, my tendons and muscles are tight and need stretching out, but at least I can now bend my knee enough to actually SIT in a chair instead of having my left leg propped on a chair beside me! LOL!

I’ve been walking (sort of) without crutches around the house – of course that doesn’t mean the stairs. I can do stairs, just one at a time and with one crutch to help me. The leg’s getting stronger and I’m getting more stamina – I’ve even taken Girlie, our little dog, out a couple times during the day. The week after next they’re supposed to adjust the brace again to 90 degrees, and two weeks later supposedly it will be unlocked then hopefully I’ll be cleared to commute into DC for work the first week of May. I’ll still need to wear the brace for another three weeks after that and I’ll still be going to physical therapy for another month or so, but it’s progress! I have my second follow up with the surgeon next Friday, April 17 – Wish me luck! So far the physical therapist is happy with my progress…

l’m still in good spirits and keeping busy working from home! And my Hubby, Tony, has been helping a lot, so I’m doing well…
                              πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
                              Participant

Congratulations Ela! Glad things are going so well for you! May the rest of your mending be as smooth! πŸ˜€

SPark
                                Participant

Well, today has been just the LAST straw for me, and I am never taking another fursuit commission, probably not EVER again. Plushes yes, fursuits no. I am just sick of the stress, and the demands, and the people who are upset it doesn’t have things they never asked for in the first place, and the complaints, and the passive-aggressive nonsense and the backstabbing of customers who never told ME anything was wrong, and… I am just done. So done. Today somebody was upset because he couldn’t wear is PANTS over his PADDED fursuit! In what reality would anybody expect that to be possible? Oh and also it didn’t fit in his luggage. How the flip is that my problem? Seriously, how?! So I am done. I never want to deal with this crap ever again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 1,863 total)
                                • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.