fbpx

where'd it go???

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion where'd it go???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Where’d the thread with the lovely ball python sculpt go?

I really enjoyed that sculpt, and the thread seems to have disappeared. 🙁 😕

Purplecat
      Participant

twindragonsmum
        Participant

It has?!?!? I loved that sculpt! *trots off to see what I can find…*

twindragonsmum 😼

tdm

Adaneth
          Participant

I can’t find it either. 🙁

dragonmedley
            Participant

It was deleted for copyright reasons. PM Keeperoftheflock for more details and if you want to order (I hope I didn’t goof up her screen name). I do have her email address; let me know if you need it, but I don’t have her website (though it might be listed on her profile).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Purplecat
              Participant

hmmm, copyright reasons? again? I think I’ll bite my tongue on this. hrrmph.

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

….. I baught one to paint because i really like them…

that seems very…..well it gives me an unpleasant feeling.

Purplecat
                  Participant

http://harmonykingdomstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=paint+your+own

http://www.artvillageusa.com/paintpottery.htm

http://www.funtocollect.com/paintyourownpoultry.html

http://www.toys4minds.com/aspayoownans.html

http://www.funtocollect.com/hotdiggitypaintyourown.html

http://www.printfection.com/paintyourown/Paint-Your-Own-Dragon-T-shirts-and-Gifts/_s_122250

http://www.tumi.co.uk/vmchk/GamesToys-Educational/131-T10902-Amazon-paint-your-own-Snake/flypage.tpl.html

http://shopping.msn.com/prices/paint-your-own-horse-kit-4114/itemid34683988/?itemtext=itemname:paint-your-own-horse-kit-4114

Now….I do agree that a company has a right to be territorial…and to protect the integrity of their work…but not at the expense of being unfair…or not allowing someone to change wording of a thread when they’ve mistakenly tread on toes. So…yeah, I share the uncomfortable feelings over this.

yeah…sorry, after thinkin this over carefully….I’m leavin. no hard feelings, I’m just, not gonna be here anymore.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

:shrug: I missed what now? did you mean keepofftherocks?

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Yup.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

purplecat wrote:

Now….I do agree that a company has a right to be territorial…and to protect the integrity of their work…but not at the expense of being unfair…or not allowing someone to change wording of a thread when they’ve mistakenly tread on toes. So…yeah, I share the uncomfortable feelings over this.

yeah…sorry, after thinkin this over carefully….I’m leavin. no hard feelings, I’m just, not gonna be here anymore.

Sorry to hear you are leaving Purplecat. 🙁 I’ll have to try to favorite your web link once I’ve got internet back at my house again so I can come visit you again. I want to get one of your sculpts in the future, I’m just not sure which one I like most of all. The dragonsnails are cute though. 🙂 Kick butt girly, and pimp those sculpts. I’m considering putting up a links page on my site, I’d link you up if you wanted.

I’m going to mostly keep my mouth shut on this whole venture (at least on the boards), because I do not want to incur more wrath of opinion-based lawyer talk aimed my way, however I think things were handled badly regarding this. I would like to point out that NO WHERE on the boards (at least that I’ve yet to find- has any one else found some?) does it say that we aren’t supposed to post sculpts like I’ve done.

I think Melody does amazing work (I’m sure we all feel this way or we wouldn’t be here!), so for now I’m going to stick around, but if we (the artists here on the boards) keep getting trod on the way they’ve already done, I’ll be leaving also. :bye:

Again, I hadn’t meant to trod on toes, but I also wont stand for foundless accusations either.

Andrea

drag0nfeathers wrote:

:shrug: I missed what now? did you mean keepofftherocks?

LOL. It’s actually keeproftheflocks. Keeper of the flocks. I had “my” flock of geese before I moved home and I started out hand feeding about 15 residential geese there every week. When I moved home five years later, they’d all had generations of babies and I counted probably 90 geese when I left. 😼

Now my flock is just two cockatiels, plus the rest of my zoo. 🙂

I’m confused? What’s going on? I think I missed something when I was not checking new posts for awhile….

John
                        Keymaster

Quote:

It was deleted for copyright reasons.[quote}

quote=”purplecat”]

keeproftheflocks wrote:

I would like to point out that NO WHERE on the boards (at least that I’ve yet to find- has any one else found some?) does it say that we aren’t supposed to post sculpts like I’ve done.

I think Melody does amazing work (I’m sure we all feel this way or we wouldn’t be here!), so for now I’m going to stick around, but if we (the artists here on the boards) keep getting trod on the way they’ve already done, I’ll be leaving also. :bye:

Again, I hadn’t meant to trod on toes, but I also wont stand for foundless accusations either.

Andrea

The thread was not removed for copyright reasons as seems to be stated here. It was removed because it appeared to us that it was posted not to share a members artwork but to solicit sales of a member’s products. It also contained language that was taken from Windstone promotional material, but not a copyright issue. It should go without saying that the Windstone forum was created primarily for the discussion of Windstone related subjects as well as art, literature and other areas of common interest to the members, but not to promote a member’s (or non-member’s) business pursuits that are unrelated to Windstone. We have also been informed that, to be fair, we need to keep a much closer eye on the postings but I can assure everyone that this is not the first posting that has been removed from the forum for the same reason. If we have been lax in removing every offending post in the past I apologize. We do realize that there misunderstandings and those are not a big deal.

Once in a while we just have to intervene before a situation gets out of hand. We have been getting increasing reports and observations that there are members who are creating sculptures for sale which, in the viewers’ eyes, appear to be overly influenced in style, detail and finish by Melody’s work and we need to keep close watch on that as well.

Windstone has always encouraged forum members and viewers to create artwork. Original work. Meaningful work. Valuable work. And to have fun! I doubt there exists another forum that puts the members in as close communication with an artist of Melody’s talent, is as well behaved as the Windstone forum, or has built a community with the strength of ours. This is very much your forum
 But we have to fund it, keep it running, administrate it, and try to make it a positive venue for promoting Windstone. The forum has proved to be very much of a boon to Windstone and for that and the members’ participation we will be forever grateful.

Melody and I have now spent nearly half our lives in the creation and operation of Windstone and, the last few years put ourselves at considerable financial risk to continue our efforts to keep Windstone alive and well. We are looking forward to the many strengths we have developed, including the forum, to see us through. The forum we find to be a marvel of intrigue as to community behavior, fun when it gets crazy, and an occasional pain. Just like life.

KoishiiKitty
                          Participant

Quote:

Windstone forum was created primarily for the discussion of Windstone related subjects as well as art, literature and other areas of common interest to the members, but not to promote a member’s (or non-member’s) business pursuits that are unrelated to Windstone.

wouldn’t it have been easier to post that stipulation as a general ruling when the forum got going? instead of letting us more or less interpret the use of this part of the forum….

i mean for the past year manny of us have made small advertisements to selling our art in this section of the forum….and thought it was considered ok…but now all the sudden this is brought up after more then a year of this going on making some of us feel, well, very bad and hurt? I don’t even feel ok with posting just to show my art because of the fear that out of the blue some new thing may be brought up of,” well the forum was not really meant for that…”

It doesn’t feel…..fun..anymore. 😕 (unless of course this stipulation was posted in some obscure spot…and some how, so manny of us were just blindly not seeing it?)

more rhetorical then wanting an actual answer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.