fbpx

When does Christmas start for you?

Home Forums Miscellany Community When does Christmas start for you?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Oops, I guess I forgot to add…put up the tree the first weekend in December and take it down whenever I have the time (didn’t take it down til February one year 😳 )

We start decorating the day after Thanks Giving. My daughters and I collect Breyers horses so we put all the Christmas horses out first πŸ˜† I also have several horse themed ornaments and tons of crystal and porcelain ornaments collected over the last 30 years. We get a real tree. I love a huge tree. Wider is better so I can fit all my stuff on it! πŸ˜‰ We do lights draped outside on the paddock fence (it’s by the road) and icicle lights on the house
      We also go for an annual Christmas ride we started in our small town 8 years ago. We decorate the horses and tack and dress “Christmasy” It gets bigger every year. If I can figure out how to post pics on this thing I’ll add some later πŸ˜†

Maria
      Participant

Please do! I bet it’s very pretty.

Starbreeze
        Participant

I’d like to see that too! πŸ˜€

I really don’t bother anymore. I get enough of Christmas at work. Our decorations and trees start going up way before Halloween. Christmas music started three weeks ago too. I’m so sick of it already.

Plus, my cats climb the Christmas tree I used to put up to get the ornaments so, I don’t even put up a tree anymore. A few decorations will go up, if I’m going to do the balcony I’ll have to soon. It’s been snowing quite abit lately…

Lokie
          Participant

starbreeze wrote:

Unthemed is probably the best description for me. We have an artifical tree…. The tree ornaments range from traditional glass balls to Star Wars and Star Trek ornaments. I also have a number of Breyer Christmas horses that I put on display. Add Christmas angels, snowmen, Christmas Beanie babies, and Christmas art made by my son in school and you get quite a hodge-podge. πŸ˜†

That’s like my tree; ornaments of all types obtained throughout the years. Sometimes I even put small stuffed animals on the tree. As for display, really anything that I feel like putting up that seems somewhat Christmassy or Wintery.

Jasmine wrote:

put up the tree the first weekend in December and take it down whenever I have the time (didn’t take it down til February one year 😳 )

Haha, I can relate to that somewhat. Last year our tree was up until March! It did start to get awkward for visitors sometime around February πŸ˜†

Jasmine
            Participant

Lokie wrote:

Haha, I can relate to that somewhat. Last year our tree was up until March! It did start to get awkward for visitors sometime around February πŸ˜†

I just hope it was artificial or you’d just have a stick and a pile of needles. πŸ˜†

lamortefille
              Participant

😯 πŸ˜†

I used to create a display in a corner of our lobby at work. I would change it 4 times a year for each season. We have a variety of ethnic groups where I work so the winter display was more holiday than Christmas. Some of the themes I did over the years were:
                Winter Friends (a variety of stuffed animals in a snowy (fleece) setting),
                Trains (different size trains from tiny to garden scale),
                Winter Woodland (teddy bears, including a 3ft one, with plaid scarves and green boughs).

We had trees in other areas of the building, so I didn’t set up a tree in the lobby.

Last year, they went to a more ‘professional’ look in the lobby, so I don’t do a display anymore. I just decorate my office now. I don’t bother to decorate at home since I spend most of my time at work.

Bob

I had to put my style is different since I do nothing

Elena
                  Participant

It’s started to change at our house in the last couple of years. We usually get the outdoor lights up sometime between Rememberence Day and the First weekend of December. The tree always went up after my birthday (dec 21) when I was growing up. My parents always made sure that Christmas and my birthday were seperate events, no one present to cover both. Now we generally put up the tree a couple of weeks before Christmas, It’s not as important to not have the tree on my bday now that I’m old πŸ˜› As for ornaments, I have a few I’ve collected, but the family tree is still and always was, covered in decorations that the kids have made over the years! And we have an artificial tree (30years old), mum says that it sheds enough to be a real one

Maria
                    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I had to put my style is different since I do nothing

Ah shoot, I knew there was an option I forgot.

Classic! Lots of real mistletoe, pine & juniper in the house, too.
                      I’ve always had a real tree, and I love real trees. We’re also in a place where we need more trees in the yard, so getting a live tree is perfect. Unfortunately, husband bought an artificial tree last month πŸ™ and he’s so happy with it because it looks “so real”, but I have yet to see the fake tree that fools me, and that’s what I’m after if we have to have fake. SO, I’m gluing juniper & pine pinecones to hooks to give us the right smell. Even stranger, the tree has 1000 white lights attached, but I prefer color, so we’re using colored sharpies to color in the lights! 😯 πŸ˜† I don’t think we’ll finish ’em all. And husband keeps doing things like coloring one orange with a brown tip, saying, “LOOK! Burnt orange!” and I’m like, “Stay traditional!”

Skigod377
                      Participant

Whooo hooo!!! The tree is up and the cat hasn’t killed it yet. The rabbit, however, is eating it, bit by bit. Do ya think that its safe? I dont want her to poison herself or anything…

Jasmine
                        Participant

Very nice Ski…are all your presents wrapped too?? If so, I hate you…just kidding. I hate wrapping gifts. I have absolutely no patience, so measuriing, cutting in straight lines, folding neatly, taping all the corners…drives me nuts. πŸ™„

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.