fbpx

What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 588 total)
  • Author
    tig3r06
    Participant

Ooh I love the ivory color! And I agree with merrill about the eyes, I like the paler color too and I agree with the cinnabar red everyone mentioned too.

Melody
      Keymaster

Oooh, that would be pretty.

Do you have a pic? I’m picturing a kinda brick red color with black antique.

Ann Marie
        Participant

That’s close, but maybe a bit lighter red than that. I don’t have a picture, but see this link to Wikipedia for a number of pictures:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carved_lacquer

Magentas-Cat

merrillannwhite
          Participant

This one doesn’t have antiquing but:

A4391DA8-EC3C-46E3-8BBE-43F5A1F19FDC
            Think a fairly bright opaque red that’s a little on the orange side.

Melody
            Keymaster

That’s close, but maybe a bit lighter red than that. I don’t have a picture, but see this link to Wikipedia for a number of pictures:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carved_lacquer

This one doesn’t have antiquing but:

A4391DA8-EC3C-46E3-8BBE-43F5A1F19FDC
              Think a fairly bright opaque red that’s a little on the orange side.

Interesting.

Melody
              Keymaster

I’m working on the sittin’ Qi-lin. He is designed to be a buddy for the baby Kirin.

sittin-qi-lin

Megan
                Participant

Haha, it’s so chonky and cute!

Mika
                  Participant

I’d love to see a red-colored critter in the store.

The sitting qi-lin looks like a puppy trying its best to sit so it can get a treat.

merrillannwhite
                    Participant

Cute Qi-lin! I’ve been wanting a red old warrior. Maybe a round of sculpts in the Carnelian color that was only done on the hearth dragon I think? A round of glacier would be really nice too! Aren’t I greedy 😆.

etruscan
                      Participant

Melody posted this test paint PYO Pegasus on her deviantArt page two days ago [about July 29] :

Melody says, “I just finished test painting this PYO ( paint your own) Pegasus sculpture. These are sold unpainted for people to customize. He’ll be available from Windstone Editions when we get plenty of them cast. Getting a constant, even color on a light-colored horse with a hand brush is really tough, so this one was airbrushed! This horse is about 7 inches long.”

Windstone_pegasus_pyo_test_paint_Palomino

Ann
                        Participant

Love this Pegasus Melody!!! Can’t wait.

melkatsa
                          Participant

The sitting qi-lin looks so cute! Do you think there will be a grab bag?

etruscan
                            Participant

Very likely. New sculpts almost always are introduced by a grab bag with production and limited production colors being made later.

Melody
                              Keymaster

Yes, I’ll do a grabbag of the sitting qi-lin. I almost always do a grabbag of any small new piece.
                                I am undecided about the large Hippogriff though. She is kinda large for a grab bag. I don’t want people to waste too much money by shipping these around in swaps.

VS
                                Participant

Considering even hearths get traded, I don’t think size and shipping will stop anyone. I don’t recall seeing any big sculpts as grab bags tho. Wouldn’t those take a crazy long time to paint?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 588 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.