What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What’s next on the schedule, Part 6 (for 2022)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 588 total)
  • Author
    Gem
    Participant

That Snerl PYO Melody painted looks fantastic!

Natasha
      Participant

Me too, Kujacker! ! I’ve been socking away money for those unis. I can’t believe how gorgeous they are!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Mika
        Participant

From the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page, posted today (June 3).

Melody says, “The next grab bag I am working on is koi qi-lins. These are all inspired by real koi colors and patterns, and koi colors are really nutty! Dusty blue, white, yellow and bright red? Sure why not. My cell phone sees yellows as garish acid yellow, but they are really a softer more golden color.
          These guys don’t have their little pewter antlers yet. … The eyes aren’t the actual eyes. They are photoshopped!”

Windstone_qi-lin_Grab-Bag_koi-WIP_resized

From the comments – “Do we know how many will be in this batch? Thanks!”

Melody’s reply – “How many should I make? I can never guess. The last batch was about 220 I think.”

I think this would be a good opportunity to make a mock listing to gauge interest via the wait list. Since the koi qi-lin price will likely be comparable to the fantasy color price you can use that as the estimated price for these, with the usual disclaimer that price/final design may vary and all that.

etruscan
          Participant

Posted yesterday (June 9) on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page. I’m not sure whether these are test-paints-to-identify-problems, or painted examples of the final version of the sculpt.

Whoever posted the photo (Melody? The Social Media Dragon? somebody else? ) said, “These are the latest test-painted pony corns …”

Windstone_unicorn_ponycorn_laying_test-paint

Ela_Hara
            Participant

I like this juvenile Ponycorn sculpt much better than the Baby Ponycorn one.
              Really Nice!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
              Participant

Posted yesterday (June 9) on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page. I’m not sure whether these are test-paints-to-identify-problems, or painted examples of the final version of the sculpt.

Whoever posted the photo (Melody? The Social Media Dragon? somebody else? ) said, “These are the latest test-painted pony corns …”

Windstone_unicorn_ponycorn_laying_test-paint

Melody had an update on this photo – “These are the newest additions to the Windstone unicorn stabbery dept. I just test-painted them. I use light tan paint because it is the best to see if the hair detail needs fixing.”

moonbeam
                Participant

Posted on the “Windstone Editions” Facebook page – Melody says, “I test painted a ‘Snerl’ paint-yer-own. I think I need to add more fancy to his tail.”

Pena_Snerl_WIP_test-paint

Oh wow, this looks amazing!

etruscan
                  Participant

For anyone interested in pre-ordering a koi qi-lin, Melody posted this on her Facebook page yesterday (June 17):

We are trying something different with this next grab bag. On the front page of our Windstone Editions website, you will see pics of the next batch of Grabbag Qi-lins painted in koi colors.

Fantasy Sculpture & Dragon Figurines

If you would like to get one from this batch, click the “join waitlist” button. ( you will need to be logged into the website) Susie will send you an email allowing you to buy one when they are finished! This should prevent our site from crashing and allow everybody to get one without panic! Let’s see if this works!

Windstone_qi-lin_Grab-Bag_koi-store-photo

Additional information from the pre-order page – Pre-orders must be placed before Tuesday, June 28. … These will be one per customer, even if you join the waitlist more than once. If the waitlist grows too fast, exceeding the number of Young Qi-Lin castings we have available, we may have to end additions to the waitlist before June 28th. Any additions to our waitlist after the ending date may not have a chance to get one.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

I’m very curious to see if this works well.
                      I’m not going to participate in this grab bag, but maybe this could also be used as a way to gage interest in the upcoming new PYOs for Sneryl and the Pegasus? That way maybe WS will have a good idea how many to cast for the store.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Ann Marie
                      Participant

Thanks, etruscan, for posting this. I usually jump straight to “currently in stock” and might have missed it. I’m interested in seeing how this works.

Magentas-Cat

etruscan
                        Participant

Posted on Melody’s Facebook page two days ago.
                          The caption is, “Ponycorn mare test paint.” It seems to be the non-display side of the lying down ponycorn. Melody called that sculpt the ponycorn mare once before.

Windstone_unicorn_ponycorn_mare_test-paint

etruscan
                          Participant

Posted on Melody’s Facebook page yesterday (July 18) … Melody says, “Sittin’ qi-lin”

Windstone_qi-lin_sitting_clay

etruscan
                            Participant

Posted on Melody’s Facebook page today (July 19) …
                              Melody says, “Test-painted PYO pegasus.
                              I do test paints to see what needs fixing. I think I’ll add a little more mane to this side. Feathers, gah… I gave up halfway through.”

Windstone_PYO-pegasus_test-paint_Dapple

sherry10151982
                              Participant

GRABBY HANDS FOR PEGASUS!!!

Charlotte
                                Participant

Oh man, that Qui-Lin is SO cute. I love all the ‘sitting politely up’ Windstone critters. Is this intended to eventually be a production piece, or a PYO?

Also, do I spy an adorable leaping Ki-Rin back there?

Seeking broken Windstone critters for restoration practice, any type, any condition!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 588 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.