fbpx

What's being painted for the store?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What's being painted for the store?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

Melody, could we please get a new heads up list? I missed nutmeg curls cause I had no idea they were going in shop, n the notice went to the wrong email (plus this weekend I needed watchers for my releases, I couldn’t organize it since I had no clue they were coming) n just tell ppl on the preview no etas, just *soon* so we don’t stress everyone, but we don’t miss out? I personally really liked knowing what was coming, new or restock

Kiya
      Participant

I think the problem with this is saying “soon” immediately means people start asking Susie for more information. Also, we’ve seen that Melody’s “soon” can mean anything from 2 weeks (color-shift curlies) to never (BVP fledgies anyone?)

Seems like the “heads-up” has just been more stress than it’s worth IMO. πŸ˜›

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

maybe what should happen is when everything is finished it can have a set release date a few days later.

ex. curlies get finished on thursday and boxed up on friday. Susie – “they are finshed and boxed and due to be released next wednesday” (gves people time to plan and there is an actual “day” no necessarily a time quite yet, but at least people can make arrangements.

This is probably asking too much, and don’t really know if this is logical or not for the windstone factory, but it would eliminate a lot of headaches i’m sure.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Apparently the store messed up on my restock email, there was no stock. -_- It was just the way my day went yesterday! lol

Anywho. I personally would love a heads up of what is being worked on. But the idea more fails than flies in the eyes of many, so I’ll let Windstone decide from now on if it’s something they want to do (If Melody wants reminders of it, I’ll poke a reminder from time to time, if nothing is said. I’ll stop asking)

Pam

It has been discussed before, the idea of having the items ready but waiting a few days to put them in. Windstone has not done this because we have very little (to no) space to store additional boxed product, and we often need the money from these products as soon as possible. However, we are currently working on a way to add product to the store before it is released, with a notify button similar to the “notify when back in stock” button. This would allow us to add a product’s picture and information to the store a few days before it is actually ready to be sold, and when we do make the product available for purchase, everyone who pressed the button would get an email saying the item is now in stock. You would not be told ahead of time exactly when a product was available for purchase, but you would be able to receive an email as soon as it was made available.

Adaneth
              Participant

I really hope that idea works, Pam! Seems quite doable. And then you won’t have to worry about 100 people hanging around the store constantly refreshing, while WE get a few days to decide how much we like it and if we can come up with the cash. πŸ™‚

Kiya
                Participant

I think that’s a pretty good idea. πŸ™‚

Melody
                  Keymaster

The crew is painting owl candlelamps, gold mother dragons and silver rising spectrals today. I am about to start another batch of grab bag baby unicorns, or maybe gb pebble wolves, since I have a bunch and have been test painting them all sorts of ways…You folks interested in gb wolves? Many are painted like huskies, some are fantasy.
                    I need to make a decision about the gb uni color. Should these be all natural colors, or “mild fantasy”? Or both?

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

LOL, do then natural this time Melody. I can’t take trading anymore. If they are natural I won’t have to buy any, LOL!

Grab Bag wolves sound awesome though!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

moonbeam
                      Participant

I am about to start another batch of grab bag baby unicorns, or maybe gb pebble wolves, since I have a bunch and have been test painting them all sorts of ways…You folks interested in gb wolves? Many are painted like huskies, some are fantasy.
                        I need to make a decision about the gb uni color. Should these be all natural colors, or “mild fantasy”? Or both?

Oh Yes! Grabbag Wolves would be incredible! I think I would even prefer them at the moment instead of the Baby unicorns, which are one of my absolute favourite sculpture.

But that does not mean I would not buy anymore GB Unis. πŸ™‚ I think either natural or mild fantasy have their own charm. Maybe the next batch could be natural since there are a lot of people who seem rather desperate for them, after that a mild fantasy batch and then once again some crazy coloured ones πŸ˜€

And donΒ΄t feel pressured :bigsmile:

Hannah
                        Participant

I like all the options Melody πŸ™‚ Paint what you feel like painting!! We are bound to love them no matter what πŸ™‚

I am excited to get a pebble wolf though – grab bag or production, i just love the sculpt!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

fatalbeauty
                          Participant

The crew is painting owl candlelamps, gold mother dragons and silver rising spectrals today. I am about to start another batch of grab bag baby unicorns, or maybe gb pebble wolves, since I have a bunch and have been test painting them all sorts of ways…You folks interested in gb wolves? Many are painted like huskies, some are fantasy.

I’d love GB wolves! any word on the other pebbles like the bat-eared and regular foxes yet?

GB unis, I’d like mild fantasy!

4 things I'm looking for:
                            1. Mother Meerkat
                            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
                            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

FANTASY!!!!!

Kiya
                            Participant

I think mild fantasy if you care for my 2 cents. That will appeal to the widest audience I think.

Though, it would be awesome to get more “animal” designs in non-fantasy colors – cuttlefish, tiger, zebra, etc. I think those would get a ton of love πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
                              Participant

I have personally been dying for Normal horsey GB Unis. (Been looking around trying to buy some aftermarket without a lot of luck) – So I think that is where my vote rests at for those πŸ™‚ (Though totally game for interference paint on them, or metallic paints. I don’t know if those fall into ‘normal or fantasy’)

‘n I *love* the idea of GB wolves!

and *thank you!* for the heads up on stuff πŸ™‚ I will personally not bother anyone for any ETA info, I hope others will follow suit in that, to keep stress off both you, Melody.. and Susie, who seem to be the ones greatest affected by ETA issues.

I will gladly keep aside money to be prepared of GB uni’s, and/or possible GB wolves… I’ll have to also let my mom know there could be GB wolves! She’ll go nuts for those πŸ™‚ (Big wolf person!) – ‘n I think a mixed batch of wolves, fantasy and natural would be great too! If there is call for a vote on that idea πŸ˜‰

*doh* XD Answered my own question by re-reading what Melody said.. I’m so out of it after this weekend! lol

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 216 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.