What kind of quest for #15?

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests What kind of quest for #15?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

I am planning to do a costume contest for October if the stars align. I’ve been trying to make that happen for 2-years, but things kept conflicting!

We did do a 20-questions before, but I can run another one.

We did an art contest (more or less) for the Fuzzy Story contest. In general – John has been leery of doing “art” contests due to copyright issues with fan art of Windstone sculpts. Also, when we get art submissions, we have to ask for a lot of the artist’s rights to be waived which isn’t very nice when there isn’t financial compensation.

So, we may do other art contests, but they will be pretty limited!

Ah right, right. Costumes for people or for windstones? Either one sounds cool!

For Windstones πŸ™‚

phantomess
      Participant

I, for one, would enjoy another scavenger hunt! Perhaps one that’s a little less specific. Instead of listing specific animals/things to snap pictures of, the things on the checklist could be a little broader, allowing for different interpretations. Like, instead of saying “castle” on the list, it could say “abode,” which could come in quite a variety of forms and doesn’t have to be a human abode. But that’s only 1 example and maybe isn’t even broad enough. I dunno.

But I like the kind of quests that bring in a variety of entries and lets everyone bring something different/interesting to the table rather than things that have a “right” answer! I liked the storybook quest & “What your Windstones get into” quest a lot as well as the scavenger hunt. :bigsmile:

Hmm, maybe sometime we could have a poetry quest? We could write limericks to, about, or from the perspective of our Windstones. Lol.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

etruscan
        Participant

A Windstone contest in rhyme?
          Do we have the talent or time?

Lauren
          Participant

I would love to see a contest that involves writing poetry or prose. I feel like that is a slightly more accessible skill for many than, say, sewing very tiny clothing for Windstones (but I could be wrong). In any case, I think I wouldn’t be able to participate in a sewing contest. I have a machine and material, but my Windstones are all very far away from me right now.

I like the idea of crossword puzzles and where’s-the-windstone and a scavenger hunt too that is open to interpretation and creative thinking.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

A Windstone contest in rhyme?
              Do we have the talent or time?

Hah! That idea is simply the best
              Do we have a vote for it from the rest?

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

OMG I’m in for poetry. As long as it’s and open any kind of poetry. I have it running in my mind now and writing itself. Yes yes yes. This is one id actually enter πŸ™‚

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I wanna write a Windstone Rap! LOL! OMG… I smell a horribly embarassing youtube video in my future!

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kiya
                Participant

I’ll put poetry on the list, but it will be down a ways. πŸ™‚ It’ll take some pondering on how to make it fair and competitive. Also – how to judge it! LOL

etruscan
                  Participant

I wanna write a Windstone Rap! LOL! OMG… I smell a horribly embarassing youtube video in my future!

Hah – and after the raps we can do cheer routines. πŸ˜‰ Well, not me, but other people can …

Windstone, Windstone, hip hooray!
                    Grab Bags, Grab Bags take your pay!
                    Got to see what’s new today!
                    Windstone, Windstone, Yay, Yay, YAY!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Hah – and after the raps we can do cheer routines. πŸ˜‰ Well, not me, but other people can …

Windstone, Windstone, hip hooray!
                      Grab Bags, Grab Bags take your pay!
                      Got to see what’s new today!
                      Windstone, Windstone, Yay, Yay, YAY!

….omg…. now every time I check the store I’m gonna be chanting that in my head! haha

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Samwise
                      Participant

The theme song of Windstone right there.

Kiya
                        Participant

I am planning to do a costume contest for October if the stars align. I’ve been trying to make that happen for 2-years, but things kept conflicting!

This news excites me!! Please tell me it would be dressing up our Windstones! Please give me an excuse to make a dress for a unicorn without my family thinking I’m nuts! S)

Yes, it would be dressing up your Windstones. You could totally make a unicorn dress.

In other news, I am in my last week of classes (they end June 9th) so then I will get the quest pulled together!

Stormbreeze
                          Participant

As for prizes, will there be pebble animals? They’re so pretty! When I joined the forum there were none in the store, and the Ebay pebbles are too expensive for me to buy.

I like the red foxes the best, but any pebble would be nice. (especially if it’s sparkly. :P)

Whatever the case, I’m excited for the upcoming quest. It must be soon now.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Kiya
                            Participant

Class ended Monday, so I am going to try to get it posted this weekend – just have to get through the work week first.

I don’t think there will be a pebble for this one, but I’ll have to check with the prize folks πŸ™‚

Stormbreeze
                              Participant

Awesome, thanks so much.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.