fbpx

What kind of quest for #15?

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests What kind of quest for #15?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I tried really hard with the picture quests and had no luck getting any votes except from my mom and myself as we don’t have other friends or family so it would be nice to do something different or skill testing maybe that doesn’t require voting or knowing a lot of people.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Stormbreeze
      Participant

Stories or photo quests would be fun too. But I like this “spot the difference” idea.

I just hope the next quest comes soon. It’ll be my first!

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

I would like to say a quest that doesn’t need to have windstone figures in it would be great. I may of just joined the community a couple months back and I couldn’t join either quest because I don’t have a windstone. So maybe something along those lines would be really awesome since it would be easier since we been having hard quests lately.

Kiya
        Participant

I would like to say a quest that doesn’t need to have windstone figures in it would be great. I may of just joined the community a couple months back and I couldn’t join either quest because I don’t have a windstone. So maybe something along those lines would be really awesome since it would be easier since we been having hard quests lately.

Quest 14 needed a Windstone to enter, but quest 13 which we did in December was all trivia. I usually try to alternate them so everyone has a chance to play. 🙂 I think we’ve only done one this year so far.

Samwise
          Participant

I’m a fan of drag0nfeathers’ ideas. Those “find the differences” games are addicting! It would be a lot of fun, but definitely time consuming to set up.

Looking forward to what’s coming.

Stormbreeze
            Participant

Well it all sounds wonderful…

Could you give us a hint about when it’s going to be posted?

🙂

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

There us usually an announcement in this area a little in advance that a quest is coming up.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kiya
                Participant

Oh, yes, I pre-announce all of them. I’m not 100% sure yet if the next one will be the matching image one (discussing some possible pitfalls with that now – but I want to find a way to make it work!)

But, I’m hoping to have a quest of some time posted by end of May/early June at the latest. I may try to squeeze two in over the summer since it’s just easier to do when I’m not in school!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Another idea… not that it may be possible. BUT if you are already taking pictures of “clutter” around the factory. Or anywhere in fact. We could do like a “Where’s Waldo?” kind of thing like. “Where’s Windstone?” LOL!

Hide a little Windstone amonst a very clutter filled picture? That would be awesome! Or maybe that would be too hard to do at a Windstroe factory… since there are a plethora of Windstones… instead you could hide a fuzzy in a picture full of Windstones! Since it’s really simple maybe for a Fuzzy Friday or something? Find all the fuzzies hiding in this picture!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

etruscan
                    Participant

Another idea… not that it may be possible. BUT if you are already taking pictures of “clutter” around the factory. Or anywhere in fact. We could do like a “Where’s Waldo?” kind of thing like. “Where’s Windstone?” LOL!

Hide a little Windstone amonst a very clutter filled picture? That would be awesome! Or maybe that would be too hard to do at a Windstroe factory… since there are a plethora of Windstones… instead you could hide a fuzzy in a picture full of Windstones! Since it’s really simple maybe for a Fuzzy Friday or something? Find all the fuzzies hiding in this picture!

To do “Where’s Waldo” you probably would need to have one specific piece that is painted differently from all other Windstones and have a series of photos. Maybe over a week – have one photo each day, and draw a winner from everybody who sent in all the correct answers?

The special piece could be similar to a production color, so fake (production) “Waldos” might be part of each photo. I think that is the way the “Where’s Waldo” books do the drawings.

Kiya
                      Participant

Also a good idea! I just need to get down to the factory again 🙂 Work has been nutters (plus school) so I haven’t made it down that way since December – such a slacker! I’ll have to see if I can trek down in June. 🙂

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Other ideas

For October we should do a Windstone costume contest ^_^ LOL!

Also, was thinking of other things to do. Has anyone ever played 20 questions? We could pick a Windstone sculpture as the answer and have a broad descriptive questions. One a day or something.

Broad questions could be like
                          “I am made of gypsum” (since some windstones are technically cement)
                          “I have been released in 12 different colors thru the online store”
                          “I have had special pieces of me painted for ebay”

Final day questions could be easier like
                          “I have gold plated horns”
                          “I am stamped with a 1989 date”
                          “I weight 5.8 lbs”
                          (I’m just throwing random weight/year numbers out there, don’t run and check and see if you can guess cause I’m just making stuff up, LOL)

You can only guess ONCE though so you have to be confident of your answer, (and that way people aren’t just emailing random answers every day hoping to get it right eventually) but the sooner you answer the more entries you get into a grand prize or something. Like if you get the right answer on day 5, you get 15 entries. If you get the answer on day 10, you get 10 entries, on day 15 you get 5 entries. Then at the end the winner is drawn from all the correct entries.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

CHeMnICORn
                          Participant

Maybe at some point we could have an art contest? I’m not very good with photos. #^^#

Kiya
                            Participant

I am planning to do a costume contest for October if the stars align. I’ve been trying to make that happen for 2-years, but things kept conflicting!

We did do a 20-questions before, but I can run another one.

We did an art contest (more or less) for the Fuzzy Story contest. In general – John has been leery of doing “art” contests due to copyright issues with fan art of Windstone sculpts. Also, when we get art submissions, we have to ask for a lot of the artist’s rights to be waived which isn’t very nice when there isn’t financial compensation.

So, we may do other art contests, but they will be pretty limited!

CHeMnICORn
                              Participant

I am planning to do a costume contest for October if the stars align. I’ve been trying to make that happen for 2-years, but things kept conflicting!

We did do a 20-questions before, but I can run another one.

We did an art contest (more or less) for the Fuzzy Story contest. In general – John has been leery of doing “art” contests due to copyright issues with fan art of Windstone sculpts. Also, when we get art submissions, we have to ask for a lot of the artist’s rights to be waived which isn’t very nice when there isn’t financial compensation.

So, we may do other art contests, but they will be pretty limited!

Ah right, right. Costumes for people or for windstones? Either one sounds cool!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.