fbpx

What a night…

Home Forums Miscellany Community What a night…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I also hope your son gets better and maybe it is something simple as a allergic reaction. Sending warm wishes and fuzzies your way.

frozendragon
    Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Thanks all. Yeah, growing pains were another guess I had during all this.
      I’m here in San Jose, we’re at Good Samaritan hospital. It’s a great hospital and the nurses are tops here.
      You all are great. Thanks for the well wishes.
      If we can keep the fever under control, that’s half the battle. The swelling is another story. It’s so wierd. This kid is normally skin and bones though he eats like a horse. You can see virtally every bone in his body. With all the swelling in the legs, he looks so bizaar! He’s in good spirts now the pain medication keeps him comfortable.

are they checking for allergies to the tree sap?

did the check his skin for bites?
      I know spider bites can do that….

and some tree sap can be very poisonous to the touch…

that really sucks…hope he’s better soon

Andrea
      Participant

I asked about the spider bite and they said it would be a localized reaction. If he had an allergy to something, he would have a reaction with his breathing.
        So far all tests are negative. His heart looks good, so no damage yet.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
        We all appreciate it.

Jodi
        Participant

I hope he gets better soon. Healing thoughts and hugs your way.

nessiemom
          Participant

Warm thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery…

laphon1
            Participant

Hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery for your son.

Keep us posted and best wishes in this. Also, do some internet research…never know what you yourself may find. Don’t settle for what a doctor says right off, I learned the hard way.

Bob

I wish you hte best of luck here. Please let us know if we can help in anyway and whatever you learn as you learn it. One of my best friends it a Nurse in San Jose and I think he is currently working at Good Sam’s hospital if I remember correclty. I will find out for sure where he is working if it’s there and I can get any information for you I will let you know. Childeren’s hospital in Oakland is also GREAT. I do alot of my charity work for them and they NEVER turn down a patient for any reason. If you do not get the answers you want at Good Sam’s you might want to take him to Oakland too. The people I know at Childeren’s are on the administrative side of things but if I can help there also let me know

Starbreeze
                Participant

My prayers are with you and your family.

I hope that your son gets better soon!

Andrea
                  Participant

Well, we’re home. His fever is still there, but the swelling in his legs and hands are just about gone. They haven’t gotten all the tests back, but we asked to go home as he wasn’t in dire need of being there. We’re all more comfortable at home and he’ll live.
                    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I hate seeing him so depressed as he is normally a bundle of energy.

Skigod377
                    Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Well, we’re home. His fever is still there, but the swelling in his legs and hands are just about gone. They haven’t gotten all the tests back, but we asked to go home as he wasn’t in dire need of being there. We’re all more comfortable at home and he’ll live.
                      Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I hate seeing him so depressed as he is normally a bundle of energy.

I hope he is not in pain anymore. 🙁 Im glad you are home 🙂

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Give him a big hug for us! I’m sure he’ll be back to his run-amok ball of energy in no time!

BipolarBear
                        Participant

I’m glad to hear that he’s ok. Did they find out what it was?

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                          Engaged to a Weasel

I know it feels so much better to be in your own home than the hospital. Before my great-grandfather died and was in the hospital, he asked to be sent home because he was more comfortable there and my grandmother was a RN before she retired.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.