fbpx

What a night…

Home Forums Miscellany Community What a night…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

My son is in the hospital with a mystery disease. I feel so bad for him. He was climbing trees on Saturday so that night when he was complaining his legs hurt, I thought he was just sore and gave him some Motrin.
      Sunday he was still complaining about his legs and now his feet hurting so I gave him a banana and some Motrin. No fever or any other symptoms.
      Monday he was saying his feet really hurt so more Motrin and off to the tutor. When we gave him Motrin, he seemed better so I just thought he jumped out of a tree wrong or something. The tutor called and said he needed to be picked up cause he was hurting and couldn’t do the work. We got him home and put him to bed.
      Tuesday I made an appointment with his doctor. By the time we got him to the doctor his legs and hands were swollen and very hot to the touch. He had a fever of 100 deg when we got there, a half hour later it was at 102.8. We couldn’t even touch his hands without him crying in pain.
      I feel so bad cause I didn’t take him more seriously. I just thought it was the tree-climbing.

So here I am waiting for different tests to come back. I hate waiting. Patrick did great with all the needles and the IV. His pain is under control though his fever is always present.

Thanks for letting me vent. I just hate waiting. I don’t know what to do. He’s asleep and I can’t sleep. Blah. What a night.

Andrea
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

Oh no! I hope it’s nothing serious, Phoenix. I’ll keep you in my prayers and send lots of good thoughts and warm fuzzies!

Andrea
          Participant

Thanks GB. I’m sure he’ll be fine. It’s something messing with his veins. He’ll be getting his heart scanned to make certain nothing’s damaged there. Waiting sucks. So do the hospital chairs! I think our camp chairs are more comfortable than these things! My butt hurts!

Kasie
            Participant

I hope they find out what is wrong with your son soon. I wouldn’t have taken my kids to the doctor right away for leg pain. They tell me quite often that their legs hurt-growing pains, so I give them some childrens pain medicine and they are good.

Good luck, Phoenix, I hope they figure it out soon and it’s not anything serious.

It sounds like you did listen to him and gave him medicine. If you had called his doctor sooner he/she probably would have told you to do exactly what you did and that if he didn’t get better to call. Sometimes it takes awhile for all the symptoms to manifest and it is not your fault that at first he looked like it was just the tree climbing. I’m not a parent but I think it is pretty normal for parents to second guess themselves. Plus I’m sure it’s hard to see him in pain. *sends hugs and warm feelings*

Kasie
              Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Thanks GB. I’m sure he’ll be fine. It’s something messing with his veins. He’ll be getting his heart scanned to make certain nothing’s damaged there. Waiting sucks. So do the hospital chairs! I think our camp chairs are more comfortable than these things! My butt hurts!

Where are you at in California? I’m in Tulare. When my son was having seizures a couple of years ago we took him to Valley Childrens Hospital in Madera. The accomidations are not bad but the food in the caf were high. I do hope your son is fine. It sucks to have a kid in the hosp.

Andrea
                Participant

Thanks all. Yeah, growing pains were another guess I had during all this.
                  I’m here in San Jose, we’re at Good Samaritan hospital. It’s a great hospital and the nurses are tops here.
                  You all are great. Thanks for the well wishes.
                  If we can keep the fever under control, that’s half the battle. The swelling is another story. It’s so wierd. This kid is normally skin and bones though he eats like a horse. You can see virtally every bone in his body. With all the swelling in the legs, he looks so bizaar! He’s in good spirts now the pain medication keeps him comfortable.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Im very sorry to hear about your son. I hope he gets better soon. 🙁

lamortefille
                    Participant

Sending good thoughts to you and your son…

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

Sending best wishes! Hope they find out what’s wrong soon so he can get better!

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Sending good, healing thoughts your son’s way. I hope they find out the cause soon so he can get better.

wolflodge100
                          Participant

I’m so sorry, I hope they find out what is wrong quickly and that it is not serious. My prayers and well wishes are with you!

Lokie
                            Participant

So sorry to hear about that. I hope it is nothing serious and he’ll be home soon making a full recovery.

Participant

You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.