fbpx

well I had to do it

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone well I had to do it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I dont know how she did it but she did:
    Seller escalated this dispute to a Claim.

From seller: louise ferris on 11/15/2006 09:26 PST

hello this is not a dispute over discription but a dispute with post office breakage accured in there hands not mine and is now an insurance claim i am not in possesion of items buyer is and i tried to communicate with both post office and buyer. on a very timely matter i have even connicated thru my email if i refund the monies and she turns it into post office she will be paid twice thanks louise

From seller: louise ferris on 11/15/2006 06:09 PST

i also do not check my email everyday and some of your messages have gone to my junk email which i do not check but occassionally.usually when there is damage the buyer requests insurance i do apoligize for not immediatly returning emails but i have tried and i also work so sometimes i can not get to post office during business hours and could not get any satisfaction from 800 number provided by uspo for international shipments thanks louise

From seller: louise ferris on 11/15/2006 05:43 PST

good morning i went to post office but will need items shipped back to me to process insurance claim outherwise you have to file on your end i have responed to all emails and i have no problem refunding your money as long as you ship back items so that i will collect the insurance thank you louise

From buyer: tina robinson on 11/14/2006 20:05 PST

I have been trying to get this resolved with you for a week now and you keep putting it off, and not updating me as to progress, I feel this is my only recourse. I have sent pics of both dragons and the box as requested. Please resolve this issue so I don’t have to take further action, Tina.

Bob

That is horrible I’m sorry you are having to go thru this. All the stuff I shipped got thru to their new owners including the Peacock Cat Wizard I had to send to Germany. If it was packed correctly there should be no reason it did not get thru intaked

Skigod377
      Participant

All she needs to do is send you the original receipt for the insurance and you can file a claim. I just went through this process. Ask her to mail you the original blue insurance slip.

because she escilated it to a claim I cant contact her paypal will not allow me

someone else said that if there is insurance then the box will be marked in some way I can’t find a sticker or anything saying it was insured

Skigod377
        Participant

If it was insured for more than $50, there will be a blue receipt stuck on the outside of the box. If it was less than $50, the claim will not be worth the hassle, and there will be no reciept, except for a green slip the seller will have.

I have a white piece of paper that is a customs declaration for 140.00. But nothing that says it was insured.

Bob

that really sucks again I’m sorry you have to go through all this

Skigod377
            Participant

ruffian wrote:

I have a white piece of paper that is a customs declaration for 140.00. But nothing that says it was insured.

Look in the upper right corner of the white customs form. Thats where the insurance info is. If thats blank, it was not insured. If it was supposed to be, and you have proof, then you should get your claim.

it says nothing bout postage paid 16.75 the weight, and has a funky barecode type thing, and my original bill she sent me said that shippers insurance was not offered

thanks for your help ski

Skigod377
              Participant

ruffian wrote:

it says nothing bout postage paid 16.75 the weight, and has a funky barecode type thing, and my original bill she sent me said that shippers insurance was not offered

thanks for your help ski
                Any time. Sorry about your troubles.

This is kind of nasty but I think you’ll get your money back. One of the occasional unfortunate things about buying on Ebay…

I hope so, I guess we will wait and see, I have yet to hear from Paypal.

ruffian wrote:

I hope so, I guess we will wait and see, I have yet to hear from Paypal.

Well, if I remember correctly, you mentioned that you had bought these using a credit card, so you’re covered. If Paypal doesn’t come through, you can still file a dispute with the credit card company (its free, and you can file within 2 months after the end of the billing cycle in which you bought the pieces), and in this situation I’m pretty sure they would rule in your favor.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

ruffian wrote:

I’ve gone through sending things internationally, and had to fill that stuff out before. The slip you are decribing that has the value, I really don’t think you CAN insure that type of shipment. I may be wrong, but whenever I ship internationally the post office always tell me that I can’t insure it past when it hits customs. After that the insurance from the US becomes null and void. The only wat I could have avoided it was to ship a method that cost nore then twice as much so it would be covered “internationally”

Everything ended up working out fine, but I ended up basically hocking the item I shipped since it was about the same amount as the additional shipping fee.

Maybe the woman I delt with didn’t know what she was talking about….I hope it all works out for you okay ruffian.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ok, here is my experience..and since I sell a lot of Painted Ponies, I’ve pretty much run the gambit.

1.) You can file a claim with the post office as the sender OR the recipient. The only thing you MUST have is the box with the damaged item and an insured tracking sticker MUST be on the box. You don’t even have to have the receipt. What will happen is this:
                  A.) You check on the form whether the sender or receiver is supposed to get the refund.
                  B.) The post office will send both parties a letter requesting proof of the insurance (receipt) and proof of payment (i.e. PayPal receipt)

2.) Once the post office receives both items (regardless if they are coming from the sender or receiver), the claim will be processed. HOWEVER, Nirvanacat is right, there is a time limit.

3.) IF the box does not have a blue sticker, it’s not insured and you just got scammed. (PayPal will be your only recourse)

4.) You can insure packages internationally, however, they have to go Global Priority or Global Express. There are different rules for the airmail, I believe.

I had to go through the entire process with someone who sent me a *surprise* busted Emperor packed with *get this* three newpaper sheets and one layer of bubble wrap. No extra boxes, no peanuts. That thing slid all over the place and looked like popcorn when I received it. I think that’s about the third time in my life I cried. 🙂 j/k

All in all, the post office is very helpful. As long as all the paperwork is received, the refund usually arrives about two to three weeks later.

Ruffian…I think the seller was a jerk and didn’t insure it. May their shoes have spiders in them and may someone steal all their Windstones. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.