fbpx

Welcome Ravnheart

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Welcome Ravnheart

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Welcome! The art on your site is very fun to look through.

As people told me when I joined: Windstones are addictive! πŸ™‚

Purplecat
    Participant

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ WELCOME!!!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Welcome! Your art is very beautiful! Great looking website.

Skigod377
      Participant

Welcome to the forums!

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

Welcome!

travistie wrote:

Ravnheart wrote:

A little info on my nickname, I am part Cherokee and have a great love for Ravens. I would say that I am a lot like a Raven, so I am a Raven at heart:)

I like your nickname. I’ve never seen a Raven until I went to Wyoming. I just came back from there this past weekend. They are very big birds! My brother-in-law is a photographer, and took this pic of two ravens sitting at the top of an old tree near the Snake River in Jackson, WY.

http://www.pbase.com/toddsm66/image/84975406

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Your collection will get bigger in no time! πŸ˜€

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!:)

Ravens are large birds and very amazing as well. When I came to Finland I got to see the Magpie, they are the black and white and some are gray and white. They are very smart and since I have been here I still have not been able to get a close up photo of any, thats been almost 5 years now πŸ˜†

Thats a great photo he captured!:)

My husband is also worried about my collection growing as well, hehehe:)

Travistie
          Participant

Yes, there are Magpies in Wyoming as well! Never seen one of them either till I visited there. They are so beautiful to me with that bold black and white together. They kind of remind me of a Grackle, just a prettier version! πŸ˜†

I agree the black and white together is so striking. I had never seen one in person till I moved here. I lived in Alabama and Cali, and a few other southern states, so I never got to see the magpies. So when I saw the huge magpies here I was overjoyed. We have a pair that has a nest close to our house here and they come to the yard a lot. To see the young ones this summer was wonderful:) Ive tried to get some photos of them and every time I do they look straight at me before I have the camera set and then take off πŸ˜›

I want to get some good photos to use as a reference for painting.I’m still determined to get some photos of them:)

Jodi
            Participant

Welcome to the Forum!

welcome! and your work is beautiful..and yay nightwish! i get to see them perform in november πŸ˜†

Travistie
              Participant

Ravnheart wrote:

I agree the black and white together is so striking. I had never seen one in person till I moved here. I lived in Alabama and Cali, and a few other southern states, so I never got to see the magpies. So when I saw the huge magpies here I was overjoyed. We have a pair that has a nest close to our house here and they come to the yard a lot. To see the young ones this summer was wonderful:) Ive tried to get some photos of them and every time I do they look straight at me before I have the camera set and then take off πŸ˜›

I want to get some good photos to use as a reference for painting.I’m still determined to get some photos of them:)

I’m sure you’ll get some good photos sooner or later. That will be a nice one to paint. I love birds, and am always trying to spot different species when I go on trips to different places. I was excited when I saw the Magpies for the first time. I knew exactly what they were from seeing them in my bird books. I wish my brother would have taken some pictures of them during our trip, but he’s more into landscapes. Oh well. πŸ™„

Dracomancer wrote:

welcome! and your work is beautiful..and yay nightwish! i get to see them perform in november πŸ˜†

Thank you:)
                Oh you are in for a treat then!:) The new CD is amazing! It was fantastic working with Tuomas and Jukka so closely on the artwork, they are wonderful:)

Ive got a photo of me and Tuomas we took on one of the visits he made. Ill have to find it.

travistie wrote:

Ravnheart wrote:

I’m sure you’ll get some good photos sooner or later. That will be a nice one to paint. I love birds, and am always trying to spot different species when I go on trips to different places. I was excited when I saw the Magpies for the first time. I knew exactly what they were from seeing them in my bird books. I wish my brother would have taken some pictures of them during our trip, but he’s more into landscapes. Oh well. πŸ™„

Yea I will keep trying:) Well photographers are stubborn when they want to take certain pictures:)
                I love landscapes but I don’t seem to have the gift fot them πŸ™‚

wolflodge100
                Participant

Welcome to the forum! πŸ˜€

Ravnheart wrote:

Dracomancer wrote:

Thank you:)
                  Oh you are in for a treat then!:) The new CD is amazing! It was fantastic working with Tuomas and Jukka so closely on the artwork, they are wonderful:)

Ive got a photo of me and Tuomas we took on one of the visits he made. Ill have to find it.

travistie wrote:

Ravnheart wrote:

Yea I will keep trying:) Well photographers are stubborn when they want to take certain pictures:)
                  I love landscapes but I don’t seem to have the gift fot them πŸ™‚
                  Nightwish is my favorite band. I am looking forward to hearing their new cd with the new vocalist, and I know that her voice is going to be different..but one of the reasons I liked Nightwish is because of the old vocalist. Sonata Artica is another band that I like. And I will have to agree that your art is wonderful.

Maria
                  Participant

A belated welcome from me as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.