fbpx

Wedding Disaster!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Wedding Disaster!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I was in a wedding a few months back, I was more so guilted into being the maid of honor. It was my cousin’s wedding and she has no friends and I was the only family member about the same age as she is that hasn’t been really mean to her. She is not a very nice person, very high maintenance. I’m not really nice to her as much as I’m just quiet, I don’t really want to put up with her. But anyway, I was guilted into it. The wedding was based on the 1400’s so of course the bride’s maids dresses were all corsites and difficult to move in. None of us could breath, the flower girl refused to get into her dress and she ran away and decided to hide in the bapistry, getting soak and wet. My cousin’s fiance’s father was a complete and total pig and hit on every single bride’s maid, including myself. Two of the bride’s maids passed out because they couldn’t breath.
    by the time we finally found the flower girl she had been running around the church naked, having taken off her pull ups and tossed it in the middle of the isle. We got her in her dress and I managed to get her calmed down and in her dress, by convincing her it was a game. And while I was resesitating the two brides maids, the groom’s best man had confessed his feelings for the bride and told her that the groom had been cheating on her for the past five months and gave her evidence to support the accusation.
    And at this point, I cut the strings on the dress and corset and put my t-shirt and jeans back on and went to the reception hall across the street, of which my dad was already there since he knew what was going on and we dipped into the alcohol.

All I want to do is elope. But Ryan wants the wedding, a small ceremony. And I guess I can pull something simple together. The more simple it is the less that can go wrong.

Stephanie
    Participant

Holy cow. So did they call off the wedding?

My wedding was nice and small and simple – and it was perfect. No stress, and everyone had a good time. πŸ™‚ We’re coming up on our one year anniversary, even. How time flies!

darjeb
      Participant

Big weddings can be a real strain on everybody I hope everything came out all right – let us know

The best part, the bride marched down the isle when she was suppose to and threw the flowers in his face and started beeting the crap out of him. I’m kind of sorry that I didn’t stick around. She broke of the wedding but not before getting on the microphone and telling everyone in the congregation how he had cheated on her, who it was with and the sick details of it. Then she proceeded to kiss the best man and run off with him instead. They are now very happy.

Congrats on your one year anniversary.

Laurie
        Participant

My, my. That does sound like an interesting day!!! πŸ˜†

It was, most of my family is Scotch-Irish so they all came over and we had a party anyway since the beer was already bought and paid for.

Laurie
          Participant

That sounds like fun /sarcasm. Thats why I liked my wedding. It was small I didn’t pay alot of money for it and I’m still married lol. That was almost 10 years ago.

Katherine
            Participant

Oh wow! That is some wedding!! I also think that small and simple is the way to go!

Skigod377
              Participant

That sounds like a movie!

Heather
                Participant

Good night! 😯 What a disaster! My youngest sister wanted a huge pageantry wedding; the bridesmaids’ dresses had bustles, for crying out loud (like any of us wanted something to make our tushes look bigger?). We can thank the groom’s mother for most of the overblown pomp and hoorah: she is a difficult woman who thinks that her sons are minor deities. In her mind, if there aren’t dancing elephants, it isn’t a proper wedding for one of her Beloved Children. πŸ™„

Fortunately for my sister, the wedding mostly went off without a hitch. The reception was a little different. The groom’s brother got hammered, then stood up to give his toast by telling a childhood story of the groom trying to show off by bending over and farting, but pooping his white shorts instead. (Yeah. That went over well.) The wedding party table was covered in star lilies, a flower that my sister admires but the fragrance gives her a powerful headache (mother-in-law’s hand here again). And during the dancing, the groom’s buddies were drunk as skunks and decided to loft my sister in a chair and carry her around the dance floor. They dropped her. She only twisted her ankle, but her new husband was ready to clobber his friends.

My husband and I had a small ceremony at the country club. A friend of the family officiated. We had a simple reception lunch and cleared out of there in a few hours. It was all super low-key, but we had a wonderful time and I wasn’t nearly as nervous as I would have been if it had been a big whoopty-do. It was enough ceremony to feel married, but not so much to be scary. And we were still able to afford a nice honeymoon. πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Snort… I know, I shouldn’t laugh, but come on!

Why do people wait until a wedding to tell on each other?

Hey, at least now you know not to go for the corset dresses!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Lokie
                    Participant

Wow, I feel real sorry for your cousin! That’s no way for your special day to be. I guess the good side is she found out about her cheating fiance before they got married. I hope her and the best man have many happy years together!

lamortefille
                      Participant

You just can’t make this stuff up! πŸ˜† Sorry….had to laugh. 😳

Jodi
                        Participant

That’s priceless. And it does sound like a movie. πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.