fbpx

we looove our cats

Home Forums Miscellany Community we looove our cats

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

My parent’s cat would bring home presents. Ugh. Though I was fascinated as a kid, watching her eat it…. “Oooh daddy, I think those are the intestines! And that must be the brain!” (dad was watching from a fair distance, and mom had run inside quite a while before……..)

Parents must’ve thought I was a psychopath/serial killer in training or something….. LOL πŸ˜†

I’m a little more grossed out by it now, but my (indoor) kitties never bring me anything. Thank goodness!

Katherine
    Participant

I like dogs.
      *ducks to avoid the half eaten mice and birds*
      *screams at the snake*

Okay!! I like cats too!
      *eyes everyone and their kitties closely while awkward silence pursues*
      :spank: :spank:

twindragonsmum
      Participant

eaglefeather, you funny! *snerk!* Our Pixel-kitty taught our puppy how to hunt. He brings home just as many critters as the cats…

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

pipsxlch
        Participant

πŸ˜† @ Eaglefeathers; I know I was very afraid to laugh at the Caturday picture that had the pillow which said “Dogs adore you, cats ignore you”. It reminded me of a saying I heard once though- “Dogs walk with you, cats walk all over you”.
          In all seriousness though, my sister’s cat is an in/out one and an avid hunter. πŸ™ 😑 He brings her things and pieces of things; she has told me of parakeets, cockatiels and just a few days ago she was crying over the (threatened species I think) sandhill crane chick. guess I should be quiet now. πŸ™„
          No. i’m not anti-cat! *ducks thrown dead things with eaglefeathers while cuddling this cat’s sweet sister, who lives with me*

Thrippa
          Participant

Our first cat, I don’t think would have known what to do with a mouse. He ran away from my gerbils, and the gerbils, having more curiosity than good sense, always ran after him. Peter used to leave half a mouse on the front step. We were never certain if this was because a) he/she was eating the rest, b) he/she was trying to get double credit by offering the other half as a different catch, or c) the cat was just weird. (Peter-Paul-and-Mary was a black and white, gold eyed, deaf pseudo-hermaphrodite who was declawed but had no problems with climbing trees, catching mice and voles, or beating up trespassing dogs and cats. We presume all these were because, being deaf, no one had ever been able to tell ‘them’ that, for instance, they had to be EITHER a boy OR a girl. We gave up worrying about Peter sneaking out the dog door when we saw the cat jumping straight into the air to rake a doberman with the back claws; the dog turned tail and ran for it’s life from psycho cat. We initially found the cat -already declawed – in my brother’s treehouse and never were able to discover where it came from.)

One night when I was babysitting, one of the cats there proudly presented me with a live baby rat. Fortunately the kids were already in bed. I upended an empty wastebasket over it until the parents came home, and the dad just slid a piece of posterboard under and released the poor thing in the back yard.

Katherine
            Participant

8) 8) 8)
              I haven’t owned any cats for years, but I would like to again someday-when we move into a bigger house. πŸ™‚
              I am glad I made you laugh. πŸ˜›

pipsxlch wrote:

πŸ˜† @ Eaglefeathers; I know I was very afraid to laugh at the Caturday picture that had the pillow which said “Dogs adore you, cats ignore you”. It reminded me of a saying I heard once though- “Dogs walk with you, cats walk all over you”.
              In all seriousness though, my sister’s cat is an in/out one and an avid hunter. πŸ™ 😑 He brings her things and pieces of things; she has told me of parakeets, cockatiels and just a few days ago she was crying over the (threatened species I think) sandhill crane chick. guess I should be quiet now. πŸ™„
              No. i’m not anti-cat! *ducks thrown dead things with eaglefeathers while cuddling this cat’s sweet sister, who lives with me*

We all love our kitties, just not necessarily that they hunt and bring us “presents”. Because they don’t understand that we don’t want them! Or they don’t care….. that’s probably more likely! LOL

Pixie (my parent’s dog that passed away last year) did the same thing…. once….. with a rabbit :puke: . My mother screeched at her – and she never did it again, far as I can tell. That was one smart dog.

Not saying cats aren’t smart, just that they don’t care! πŸ˜†

Bodine
              Participant

These are my kitties.Mixed Siamese bro and sisters.
                Photobucket
                Photobucket this is my tomcat. Lola
                Photobucket
                Luv my Siamese πŸ™‚

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Carolyn
                Participant

What a sweet heart .
                  My first kitty , she loved to play with mice … until they died of fright . She also when after voles or some creature that screamed so priecing . Hairrasing screams . My dad killed them with a broom .
                  My current cat he’s a mouser too . He killed the one he found .
                  As for cats over dogs . My dog who was half husky , she cought a robin in flight killing it .
                  Animals are hunters . There is nothing wrong with it .
                  I love rabbits but what if nothing killed them . We’d be over run with them and mice too .

Bodine
                  Participant

I have never had a Siamese cat be a mouser,ever.They tend to have the attitude like…And just what do you expect me to do with that? πŸ™‚ These guys are indoor/outdoor country cats and I have never had a “gift’left for me anywhere.I was hoping being mixed but nooooo.
                    You can see why I wanted “Caper.” πŸ™

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.