fbpx

we looove our cats

Home Forums Miscellany Community we looove our cats

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Grayfire_artz
    Participant

so this morning was going normally, noothing interesting until the phone rang. Mom answers it and it’s my aunt lea, so she politely goes to her room to talk when my sister and i hear her screech!
      we rush back to find a headless rabit on her bed with it’s guts slightly spilt out… :puke:
      i love cats

Grayfire_artz
      Participant

pegasus4240
        Participant

What a generous gift. Ugh! Kitties.

-- Angie

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

I can’t help be a little proud of my hunting kitties. We live 2 blocks from a Farm/Cattle field, and they will walk all the way out there to catch mice! And evidently….rabbits….
            Poor mom(although I am happy it was not my bed…I spend yesterday changing my bedding)

machineguts
            Participant

LOL Wow!

Bodine
              Participant

lol…yuck…hahaha Mine has left me half eaten mice,I think to let me know they are earning their keep because they hear me say at times…I have too many pets!!7dogs,4 kitties and four new Siamese mix kittens a week old. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

darjeb
                Participant

I once had a cat that caught snakes and unfortuately brought thm into the house. After my husband passd away the boy next door was nice enough to take care of the problem of getting the snake out of my house – he heard me scream clear next door.

Morrigan
                  Participant

I think the biggest gift I’ve received was a huge dead squirrel on the carpet which was about the same size as my smallest cat lol!

I’ve also had a huge dead dragonfly which was rather pretty. I doubt it flew in because it was left outside my bedroom where my cats often left gifts lol! I did find a live mouse in the house once which I could only accredit to one of my cats not killing it properly before dragging it in. Luckily I could grab his tail and release him outside.

Then there’s the tale of my cats raiding a Blue Tit nest and bringing the babies into the house one by one. Sadly, even though I looked everywhere for a calling mother, I just couldn’t locate the nest and I couldn’t keep the babies alive by myself so they were gone within an hour or so. ๐Ÿ™

dragonmedley
                    Participant

And they’re so proud, too! I recall my cat bringing in a chipmunk for her kitten to eat – on the living room’s rug.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

I remember someone telling me that it isn’t exactly a compliment when cats bring home these presents. They do so because they look at you as a very incompetent hunter! Like seeeesh! What would these stoopid humans do without me? ๐Ÿ˜† A rabbit! Well kitty is feeding a whole family here! XD

Tethra
                        Participant

lol! I’d say mah kitteh is the incompetent hunter. The birds will walk in front of her….on the ground!

Then there was the cockatoo incident…

About 5 cockys were on the ground eating some seed we gave them, and my cat Streaker sees them and thinks “oooooo big birdies to stalk”. So she gets down into her not so low stalking position and tries to sneak up on them. The cockys knew she was there and ignored her until she was a metre away, when one (very casually mind you) turned around and glanced at her. Well, her courage was obviously not in the same place as she was, so she ran inside remarkably quickly for a 15 year old cat! Kitteh was very indignant! ๐Ÿ˜†

Tethra
                          Participant

grayfire ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

We visited the Museum of Idaho yesterday and visited their “Wolf to Woof” exhibit about the evolution of canines. Very informative and well done, it had a section about coyotes and thier place in our evolving ecosystem. I grew up with coyotes around our place in California and the information at the museum talked about the ratio of songbirds to cats to coyotes. It concluded with what I’d known while growing up – in areas with a higher concentration of coyotes there are more songbirds and fewer cats because housecats became coyote prey. Where we are now in farm territory there are LOTS of cats bred on purpose to keep the rodent population under control, especially in and around grain and potato storage areas. Our cats have also left us lots of “presents” :puke: :puke: I mean “good kitty, good kitty” but the last ‘gift’ was a definite ‘not allowed in the house’ because it was a snake… They’ve also taught our dog Bubba to hunt varmints as well and it’s really funny to see two cats and a dog sitting outside the same critter hole… ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Amanda
                              Participant

My two aren’t allowed outside, but my two feral cats bring me gifts of birdies. They bring them all the way to the top of my stairs and leave them right at my door-lol That’s where their food and water is given so I guess they feel they are helping me out ๐Ÿ˜‰ Always intact though thankfully!

Jennifer
                                Keymaster

Oop! I better not say anything here or I’ll get in trouble. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.