fbpx

Wanting Feedback on my PYO's

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Wanting Feedback on my PYO's

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Wow… thats gonna be some work! Take it one color at a time and you should be fine.

skigod377 wrote:

Wow… thats gonna be some work! Take it one color at a time and you should be fine.

I’ll keep ya posted. I’m afria I’ll loose the blendin though πŸ˜₯

Skigod377
      Participant

bluepony78 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I’ll keep ya posted. I’m afria I’ll loose the blendin though πŸ˜₯Just get more advice. I am a beginner!! πŸ˜‰

Actually with the rainbow I might antique with a muddy brown…would work with all of the colors. Just be light on the yellow. I might also think about shading instead of antiqueing. Add shadows unter the wings…arms..whatnot. It would take away from the flatness of the work without ruining the AWsome blending.
        As for the wolf…I agree with GB…its rather randome. The colors are in “blocks” and those blocks are not placed in any known logical order. For example…they are not in rainbow order or anything. I think really its the orange that doesn’t work…the rest blend pretty well, but the orange just is too bright and in your face…if you know what I mean. I would lower that nice purple down into the orange area…if it were mine.
        But reguardless they are both well done! I love em!

whippetluv wrote:

Actually with the rainbow I might antique with a muddy brown…would work with all of the colors. Just be light on the yellow. I might also think about shading instead of antiqueing. Add shadows unter the wings…arms..whatnot. It would take away from the flatness of the work without ruining the AWsome blending.
        As for the wolf…I agree with GB…its rather randome. The colors are in “blocks” and those blocks are not placed in any known logical order. For example…they are not in rainbow order or anything. I think really its the orange that doesn’t work…the rest blend pretty well, but the orange just is too bright and in your face…if you know what I mean. I would lower that nice purple down into the orange area…if it were mine.
        But reguardless they are both well done! I love em!

So, if I were to do another wolf similar to this one, if I did his wings in rainbow order, that woudl look better you think?

I added the orange so he didn’t end up being too dark, but I’ll make that purple. maybe i can adjust some ofthe colors of the wings. I might redo him, I’m not sure yet.

I was goign to add black to the scales on the elbows of the dragon, do you think that would be enough, or maybe go for some more?

Thanks so much for your advice!!

Looks wonderful! Beautiful blending job!

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

Great sig Bella!

belladonna wrote:

Looks wonderful! Beautiful blending job!

Thanks
          And I agree, your sig picture is AWSOME.

Hey!
          I decided to redo the black wolf, as the one I painted up this afternoon was considerably better. I also got the rainbow dragon shaded some, THANK YOU for that suggestion. I’ll be posting new pix when he and the new wolf are finished. Thanks!!! Suggestions are great. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Awww, I kinda liked the wolf….Can’t wait to see what the new one looks like tho!

Tiffany
            Participant

i always roll on the floor when i hear peeps say ” oh, i just painted it up in an hour or two, ya know.” i go crazy when i hear people so casual and free! if only it was that simple! i labor on mine for at least a week, usually two, with countless hours involved… mulling over every little detail, making sure everything perfect, clean, with no out of place anything. ack! makes ya crazy, with buggy tired eyes, but that’s what happens when you are into the details and in it for your own personal satisfaction! your pleasure is your torture!! lol! 😯

tfsculptures wrote:

i always roll on the floor when i hear peeps say ” oh, i just painted it up in an hour or two, ya know.” i go crazy when i hear people so casual and free! if only it was that simple! i labor on mine for at least a week, usually two, with countless hours involved… mulling over every little detail, making sure everything perfect, clean, with no out of place anything. ack! makes ya crazy, with buggy tired eyes, but that’s what happens when you are into the details and in it for your own personal satisfaction! your pleasure is your torture!! lol! 😯

Ahh, let me rephrase that. I painted the WINGS today. They took 2 hours. the dog himself isn’t as complicated as the wings, I decided to keep it simple and make him black/white husky marked. But them wings took about forever.

i’m a stay at home mom, and have 5 hours a day worked into my life to paint, since I do it for a living. I should have been painting horses, because that’s what I make money at, but alas, since I started that little dragon two weeks ago, i’ve really hated touching the horses. There’s just nothing fun about them anymore.

Tiffany
              Participant

well, you need variety. this i’m sure is a welcome break from horseys as repeatedly painting the same thing ( no matter how much you like the piece) will make you nutty and seek change. you need to break up the monotony! but i’m sure you’ll find you’ll miss them before too too long, especially if you make good money your horses. the pyo windstones fluctuate alot sellling price wise and (at least i think) there were at least a few that sadly didn’t even sell at the starting price, or just for the starting price, or a hair over. πŸ™ for all that time and heart spent..nothing, or break even for materials. oy, its tough cuz so many great new factory/limited pieces are coming out, peeps want those too, but its an expensive time of year, people have to really pick and choose what they can afford and what has to be let go, even if its a deal- myself definitely included!!

tfsculptures wrote:

well, you need variety. this i’m sure is a welcome break from horseys as repeatedly painting the same thing ( no matter how much you like the piece) will make you nutty and seek change. you need to break up the monotony! but i’m sure you’ll find you’ll miss them before too too long, especially if you make good money your horses. the pyo windstones fluctuate alot sellling price wise and (at least i think) there were at least a few that sadly didn’t even sell at the starting price, or just for the starting price, or a hair over. πŸ™ for all that time and heart spent..nothing, or break even for materials. oy, its tough cuz so many great new factory/limited pieces are coming out, peeps want those too, but its an expensive time of year, people have to really pick and choose what they can afford and what has to be let go, even if its a deal- myself definitely included!!

I’ve seen quite a few PYO’s I wanted to tell the artist *I* felt they were worth far more, but alas, how do you say that without saying BTW, I didn’t bid πŸ˜• . I don’t collect much that other people painted though. I don’t collect much of anything these days, except the new discovery of Windstone dragons haha.

I don’t know about missing painting horses, but I’ll keep doing them because that is where the money is. $100 profit on average for the big ones, I can’t complain about that. But, I don’t really feel challanged by them. Just painting those two wolf wings has been more work/challange than the last 15 horses I’ve done combined. Maybe I’m in a rut? I already told hubby to brace himself, if my windstone PYO’s aren’t well accepted, we’ll be loosing money, because I’m not going to stop buying them πŸ˜† Theyr’e just too fun. Maybe once I do a few, I can work out a deal with myself. Maybe paint 3 horses, then a windstone, 3 horses, windstone. Keep enough money coming in to let it all fly out the window on dragons and PYO’s πŸ˜›

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.