fbpx

Wanting Feedback on my PYO's

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Wanting Feedback on my PYO's

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

the pix have been uploaded, as soon as they are approved, i’d love feedback! the one dragon is my own version of a rainbow one, I think he’s very cute. His eyes are acutally blue(they are masked). the other is a wolf.

I’m also wanting to know how to value them? I plan to sell them, or maybe trade for production peices, but I’m a new artist to Windstone stuff, so I’m not sure what my work is worth.

Thanks!!

Skigod377
    Participant

I will take a look!

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Images approved! I like the rainbow fella, he’s neat!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Pix are up! Yeah! Anyway, sorry for jumping the gun and posting before the pix were up.

Maria
        Participant

Your blending is great. The wolf seems a bit random in his coloring, but I can’t give you any suggestions on how to tie him all together, but I really like the little dragon.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Your blending is great. The wolf seems a bit random in his coloring, but I can’t give you any suggestions on how to tie him all together, but I really like the little dragon.

Could you illaborate…gosh, that can’t be how it’s spelled. What do you mean by random? I keep looking at him, thinking perhaps there is something not quite right.

I love how the rainbow dragon is turning out. I want to do a couple other molds like that too. Wonder if a wolf done in rainbow would look bizarr? that’s what I have coming in the mail next.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Will you antique the rainbow dragon? I think that’d make his scales really pop! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Actually, I really like the wolf. I agree the dragon needs something else.

Nambroth wrote:

Will you antique the rainbow dragon? I think that’d make his scales really pop! πŸ™‚

I have added some more black trim. I’m not sure how to antque yet, honestly. I don’t have any of the stuf to do it, and I keep looking around, but can’t find any πŸ˜₯

Jennifer
            Keymaster

bluepony78 wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

I have added some more black trim. I’m not sure how to antque yet, honestly. I don’t have any of the stuf to do it, and I keep looking around, but can’t find any πŸ˜₯

Lots of people just use paint to do it, carefully. πŸ™‚ I do sometimes! It works if you’re quick. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
              Participant

Yep. I mix mine with something called Medium. Its clear gellatin type stuff… Just mix it w/ whatever color you want to antique with. πŸ™‚

skigod377 wrote:

Yep. I mix mine with something called Medium. Its clear gellatin type stuff… Just mix it w/ whatever color you want to antique with. πŸ™‚

I think that’s what I did with my green one basically. What color paint should I use?

Skigod377
                Participant

Usually a color a shade or two darker than the color you are antiquing. Right, guys?

skigod377 wrote:

Usually a color a shade or two darker than the color you are antiquing. Right, guys?

So, rainbow antquing, instead of one solid color. challanging, fun…hmmm.

I custom mixed all of the colros on him, so that makes it even more intresting πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.