fbpx

WANTED: Tan Griffin

Home Forums Administration Flea Market WANTED: Tan Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

WolfenMachine wrote:

SPark wrote:

We’ve seen that gryphon before! That’s the one that went for a RIDICULOUSLY high price a month or two ago. I guess the buyer didn’t come through.

THAT’S WHAT I WAS THINKING! The shot of the broken/glued ear is what gave it away for me.
    I paid $110 for my stripey one. He’s got a lot of chips, but I was able to match the paint and you can’t see them at all anymore! So, eventually one will come along that’s under $200. I hope when he does, you find him ๐Ÿ™‚

Didn’t it go for about $2000? And then the auction was cancelled. There’s a thread somewhere about it. Someone on the forum had bid on it and was notified that the auction was pulled. Very suspicious….

Skigod377
    Participant

Here is is. The listing is not there anymore, but the conversation is.

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=967&highlight=brain+surgery

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I appreciate that the seller is trying to help her husband, but you’d think after the 3rd!! try that she’s realize that he’s probably not worth as much with the damage he has. She is paying too much for her listing too- featured, subtitle, highlighted, etc… that’s all really expensive!

Good luck to her, but I won’t be joining the bidding. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Maria
        Participant

I hope for her sake it sells. But considering the families will be out soon, maybe she should wait…

SPark
          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I hope for her sake it sells. But considering the families will be out soon, maybe she should wait…

Maybe I’m too cynical, but just because she says her husband is having surgery, doesn’t mean he actually is.

littleironhorse
            Participant

SPark wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Maybe I’m too cynical, but just because she says her husband is having surgery, doesn’t mean he actually is.

Exactly!

Maria
              Participant

SPark wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

๐Ÿ˜† Even if he isn’t, she’d probably still get more for it once the moms and chicks are out.

I had offered her 100 bucks after one of the times she lised it, and she never answered me back, so I would venture her reserve is higher than that, but I do think this is the 4th time she has listed it.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

If he was mint I could understand her wanting to squeeze every penny out of him, but it looks like not only was the ear broken but it looks like a bad glue job, which in a way is worse. I’ve recently done a few really nice repair jobs (re-cast and carved details) on some beat up dragons and I would prefer a clean break. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

SPark
                  Participant

Nambroth wrote:

If he was mint I could understand her wanting to squeeze every penny out of him, but it looks like not only was the ear broken but it looks like a bad glue job, which in a way is worse. I’ve recently done a few really nice repair jobs (re-cast and carved details) on some beat up dragons and I would prefer a clean break. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah, that’s my feeling as well. If the ear were loose, I’d be happy to buy it and fix it up, but given that I’m just stuck with somebody else’s messy glue, I’m not sure I could fix it properly.

Maria
                    Participant

Well, somebody thought it was worth $145 and bought it.

Jodi
                      Participant
                        Maria
                        Participant

Those are stripey wings? I thought stripey wings had bars on the pinion feathers. But I’m not an expert on the griffins…

Jodi
                          Participant

Well, they’re stripier than the griffin I have, so I thought they were the stripey ones.

Maria
                            Participant

This gallery pic has a stripy-winged male in the back. I think the one on E-Bay is plain-winged, but I wouldn’t know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.