WANTED: Tan Griffin

Home Forums Administration Flea Market WANTED: Tan Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Well, maybe it’s not then. I was just comparing it to mine, like I said. Mine is very buff and cream colored. This one on ebay has dark stripes that run from the shoulder to almost the top of the wing. You can always go to the ebay listing if you want to see what I mean. To me that is stripey. I’m sure the person who posted this thread can see for herself.

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

I like that one, I think I’m going to try for him…..

Maria
        Participant

Try? C’mon Nirvana, you slipped again. You really need to kick off strep.

Jodi
          Participant

Good luck, Nirvana. He’s really pretty.

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

Yes try, I’ll be in MD when he ends, and we may be doing something like going to Annapolis or Down Town Balitmore….We shall see…Chances are I’ll still be sick though since they probably won’t have my culture back in time proving I have strep, and won’t be able to get the propper meds untill I’m back in CA…..Bastard idiot incompetent ER doc at the VA……Sorry, I’m a bit sore about it. Off the rant box. In other words, I’ll probably be on to get him LoL

Ty Emerald! =P

Jodi
              Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Ty Emerald! =P

I’m sorry, but what does this mean?

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Ty Emerald! =P

Sorry, geek and military used to using acronyms Ty = Thank you.

Jodi
                  Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Ty Emerald! =P

Sorry, geek and military used to using acronyms Ty = Thank you.

Oh, okay. Sure. No problem. πŸ™‚

littleironhorse
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

This gallery pic has a stripy-winged male in the back. I think the one on E-Bay is plain-winged, but I wouldn’t know.

Absolutely right… The one from the gallery picture is a little hard to see, but here is a really good example of a stripey winged griffin, and a really good bargain to the buyer who got him!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190072214914&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Jodi
                      Participant

littleironhorse wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

This gallery pic has a stripy-winged male in the back. I think the one on E-Bay is plain-winged, but I wouldn’t know.

Absolutely right… The one from the gallery picture is a little hard to see, but here is a really good example of a stripey winged griffin, and a really good bargain to the buyer who got him!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190072214914&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Okay. I can absolutely see the difference there. So the one I posted isn’t stripey. He’s pretty though. Still much darker than mine. I wish I had seen that stripey one go up. I would have nabbed him for sure. Darn it. He’d have been nice to add to my light one.

I’ll try to take a picture of mine so you can see how light he is. Okay, I added a couple photos here. It still looks dark in the photos though. It just doesn’t photograph how light it actually is.

Lokie
                        Participant

littleironhorse wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Hey, that is the one I won! I loved the dark coloring on him, although I haven’t paid for it yet because I’m trying to come up with a nice way to tell the seller how to properly pack it without seeming pushy. Any suggestions? It will be insured, but I want really want the Gryphon intact, not the insurance money if it breaks πŸ™

Jodi
                          Participant

Lucky you! I’d just ask them if they’d double-box it with cushion in between. Say that you’ve had one break before (even if you haven’t) and you’re worried about it getting there intact.

littleironhorse
                            Participant

Lokie wrote:

Hey, that is the one I won! I loved the dark coloring on him, although I haven’t paid for it yet because I’m trying to come up with a nice way to tell the seller how to properly pack it without seeming pushy. Any suggestions? It will be insured, but I want really want the Gryphon intact, not the insurance money if it breaks πŸ™

Okay, first: Congrats! I hadn’t wanted to post him here because I only saw him after he was sold, I didn’t know it was won by a forum member and didn’t want to taunt anyone with him πŸ˜†

Second: Just ask strait out how you want it done… You’ve won this item, it is now your property so if your request is reasonable there is no cause for the seller to refuse or to take offense.

That’s the way I always do it, just a polite note describing how I want it shipped and I’ve never had a refusal yet, and all my items have arrived safely! Although, unless I don’t have the time, I usually check with the seller before bidding if they will agree to ship to my specifications.

Hey! I’ve even done the same thing when buying or trading with forum members πŸ˜† Better safe than sorry!

Maria
                              Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Yes try, I’ll be in MD when he ends, and we may be doing something like going to Annapolis or Down Town Balitmore….We shall see…Chances are I’ll still be sick though since they probably won’t have my culture back in time proving I have strep, and won’t be able to get the propper meds untill I’m back in CA…..Bastard idiot incompetent ER doc at the VA……Sorry, I’m a bit sore about it. Off the rant box. In other words, I’ll probably be on to get him LoL

Good luck, Nirvana. He’ll feel quite at home in your awesome collection.

And congrats on the great buy, Lokie.

Participant

Lokie wrote:

littleironhorse wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

The shipping charge doesn’t look overpriced. I would recommend, if you can afford it, to offer to pay a little extra for extra packing material. If the seller knows they won’t be out anything, they might be more willing and conscientious about following your instructions. They might refuse extra $$, but it goes a long way toward good will.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.