fbpx

Value of set?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Value of set?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Broodingbookworm
    Participant

I have the full collection of the 1983-86 green-yellow dragons. I am thinking of selling them. But what would be a reasonable asking price? The mother and father have a couple of chips missing but the other three, including the emperor, are in perfect condition.
      Thanks

Nightcrow
      Participant

Hi, Robyn,

You’d probably have better luck asking about your set in the What is My Windstone Worth thread!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Broodingbookworm
        Participant

Thanks for the response i will try on that forum.

pipsxlch
          Participant

So you have the male, mother, hatcher, young and emperor then? Although they’ve been retired for years, only the emperor is uncommon to rare in the secondary market. The others show up quite often. Do your male/ mother/ hatcher have felt pads, or are their bottoms just stamped? The very oldest just have a stamp, and that might help sell them. Otherwise, your damaged male and mother are probably around $25-$50. The hatcher is probably $20-$35 (I’ve had a hatcher for sale for $25 since last summer and no nibbles). The young is probably $35-$75. The emperor is hard to find (and hard to ship safely); having said that there’s been one floating on eBay for a while now at $500. I was surprised to see one last spring stay up for some time at $250. Years ago it would have pushed $1,000. If yours is perfect, I would expect $250-$500 depending on how much blue/purple iridescence it has and how willing the buyer is to trust your packing and shipping. (No slur intended, but the emps are notoriously hard to pack and ship safely. Many people won’t buy one without an original emperor box to ship it in, or unless the seller is known to be an experienced and safe shipper.)

Rae
            Participant

I have two (so i have been told) candle dragon moulds i just wondering if they are worth anything?

pipsxlch
              Participant

Can you post a picture? There are a couple different candle holders with or of dragons. They all have at least some value unless significantly damaged.

Rae
                Participant

Will post pics when i get home from work they arent candle holders they are actual candles i was told they are the moulds they use to make windstone dragons im just curious

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Windstone never made actual candles, and never sold their moulds. Windstone may actually be interested in them themselves. Contact John Alberti here at John@windstoneeditions.com (I think that’s his email). They would like to know where you got them, or the moulds to make them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.