fbpx

Unicorn Gargoyle – REPAIRED pg. 8

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Unicorn Gargoyle – REPAIRED pg. 8

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Aldana
    Participant

Ah another casualty!
      I still haven’t heard back from the Seller about my broken Mamma dragon and I still don’t know if I can keep her or not yet.

I hope that something can be done and that you get to fix the unicorn!

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

Elena
      Participant

Ouch!! Poor Unicorn!!! I hope everything works out for you GB!!

Jodi
        Participant

Nambroth wrote:

I’ve always been told I cannot insure things I send overseas via USPS unless I send it registered (very $$$). Does the packaging say that it’s insured and the dollar amount?

Also, they are right- if the item was packed improperly then the post office won’t reimburse a penny. And it takes FOREVER to get a claim to go through, and they usually keep the item.

That depends on how you ship it. With the old system, if you shipped it Global Priority, you couldn’t insure it unless you send it registered. But with Airmail, you could insure it. I know, it doesn’t make sense and confused me a lot too.

Since everything changed on May 14th there is no Airmail, and Global Priority is now Priority Mail International. You can insure it with this method.

If he shipped it after May 14th, it’s probably insured.

I agree that you should ask for a full refund and let him duke it out with the post office, since you are overseas. He may ask you to bring the unicorn and packaging to your post office so they can send get it figured out with the US post office system. Shipping it back to him would be stupid though. Let those who broke it deal with it.

Kujacker
          Participant

I won a Cat gargoyle awhile back on ebay.
            It took them awhile to send it (they said they were in a car accident) but when it arrived here, it was packaged in a bubble envelope! They packaged a large sculpture in a bubble envelope and expected it NOT to shatter? πŸ™„
            In the end, I did get my refund (I only paid a whole $10 for it) and the woman said she filed a claim (but didn’t ask for the sculpture back? I don’t think she actually did). But really… what would the packaging people say to her when they found out she sent something like that in an envelope.
            So now I have a cat gargoyle with shattered wings and ears sitting in my closet, never to be used or displayed.

As for you, I would ask for a total refund. It’s his fault he packaged it poorly!

the small or large cat gargole? i cannot image a bubble envelope big enough to hold the larger one.

wow. the stupiditiy of people…. πŸ™„

gb, i hope you are able to get some if not all of your money back.

Kujacker
            Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

the small or large cat gargole? i cannot image a bubble envelope big enough to hold the larger one.

wow. the stupiditiy of people…. πŸ™„

gb, i hope you are able to get some if not all of your money back.

He was the Large Happy Cat.
              It was a pretty big envelope.

Starbreeze
              Participant

GB, I feel awful for you!!! How heartbreaking!!! I hope you get a full refund. I don’t think you want to deal with the insurance red tape. πŸ˜•

darjeb
                Participant

I had two white emperor dragons broken in shipment at differnt times – one by UPS – the packaging was OK on it and the other one by USPS – the packaging was inferior but because they were both insured both paid off. I did have to let them both have the broken dragons so as the seller said be sure you keep every piece of the packaging and the Windstone.

darjeb
                  Participant

After I sent you that message about my broken dragons I had another thought – if you paid for it via PayPal can they do something since the shipper did not package it properly?

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Kujacker wrote:

It took them awhile to send it (they said they were in a car accident) but when it arrived here, it was packaged in a bubble envelope! They packaged a large sculpture in a bubble envelope and expected it NOT to shatter? πŸ™„
                      In the end, I did get my refund (I only paid a whole $10 for it) and the woman said she filed a claim (but didn’t ask for the sculpture back? I don’t think she actually did). But really… what would the packaging people say to her when they found out she sent something like that in an envelope.
                      So now I have a cat gargoyle with shattered wings and ears sitting in my closet, never to be used or displayed.

As for you, I would ask for a total refund. It’s his fault he packaged it poorly!

My first thought: you’re not going to try to fix it? I like to fix stuff (though I lack Whippet’s talent in that regard).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

wow i wanna cry due to seeing that poor thing in that condition πŸ™ i only hope my unicorn makes it through the hell know as USPS

Kujacker
                      Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

My first thought: you’re not going to try to fix it? I like to fix stuff (though I lack Whippet’s talent in that regard).

Naw, the wings are far beyond my sculpture fixing talents. I’m good at fixing mechanical things or computers and the like, but when it comes to sculptures, pft I can only do the basics. So no, I’m not going to fix him. What a waste of a sculpture πŸ˜•

littleironhorse
                        Participant

Kujacker wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

Naw, the wings are far beyond my sculpture fixing talents. I’m good at fixing mechanical things or computers and the like, but when it comes to sculptures, pft I can only do the basics. So no, I’m not going to fix him. What a waste of a sculpture πŸ˜•

You should send him to Whippet to fix, she does amazing work.

Or if you don’t want to spend anything more on him, just offer him up for the price of shipping, I’m sure someone will want to have a try at him.

Kujacker
                          Participant

I did think about offering in the flea market, but just didn’t go through with it I guess.

Maria
                            Participant

So I should ask for a full refund. I’ll do that. But I don’t understand why PayPal would pay for his screw-up?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 125 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.