fbpx

ummmm yeah…….

Home Forums Miscellany Community ummmm yeah…….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

..How about a dragon dollar…or a griffin coin….?

I am sensing a photoshop opportuinity…

At the Georgia Renaissance Faire if you stop by The Coin Mint you can have the artist make you a coin using Leonardo Da Vinci’s Drop Hammer Forge (the first industrial Machine). Very cool and lots of designs to choose from.

The two pegasus coins (with sun and moon backs) are mine and the wolf/hawk is my husband’s. Excuse the scratches on my coins, my son liked to teeth on them when he was younger. You can’t spend them, but they are cool to have. I do know that I’ve found unicorn coins from China when searching on eBay.

Purplecat
      Participant

Ooooooh…..Cool!

Starbreeze
        Participant

I’ll echo that ‘cool’!!!

pegasi1978 wrote:

At the Georgia Renaissance Faire if you stop by The Coin Mint you can have the artist make you a coin using Leonardo Da Vinci’s Drop Hammer Forge (the first industrial Machine). Very cool and lots of designs to choose from.

there is a similar one at the maryland ren fair, in case it is closer to anyone. 😀

wolflodge100
          Participant

They have that our ren faire too.

Elena
            Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

The two pegasus coins (with sun and moon backs) are mine and the wolf/hawk is my husband’s. Excuse the scratches on my coins, my son liked to teeth on them when he was younger. You can’t spend them, but they are cool to have. I do know that I’ve found unicorn coins from China when searching on eBay.

Cool!

There is an old Canadian Coin that looks like the Silver bird. I think it’s a penny and per 1965

Love ’em! It’s too bad we (common folk/coin collectors) don’t have more say in what’s on our coins. I collect foreign coins, though my husband collects US coins, and we both love the quarters. Our local paper just printed up the 3 possible versions for our state quarter, and they were all the same and all sucked! Everyone was writing in, as there was never any advertising or requests for designs. Too bad we can’t get something like that hawk on the tail side, too.

Lupin
              Participant

You’re correct Foxfeather, it is a penny I have a couple of them (And probably half of all the existing Mountie Quarters, I’m a loser I know) but unfortunately they’re kept 3000 miles away at my Mom’s so I can’t remember exactly what type of bird it is, but I think it may be either a Peregrine or Seagull, my mind wants to say it’s more likely a Peregrine or other raptor more, But my memory is like a bear trap, it all goes in and only gets out if it’s chewed through it’s own leg first!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_coins

They have a pic of the centennial penny, there was a mountie quarter and a rabbit nickle as well.

foxfeather wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

Cool!

There is an old Canadian Coin that looks like the Silver bird. I think it’s a penny and per 1965

wait, i might have that canadian coin. its on the penny? i will have to go check at some point.

Maria
                Participant

Those Faire coins are pretty!

skigod377 wrote:

Does anyone have the $2 bill? I have one that I got from my uncle years and years ago. Can you still go to the bank and get them?

I think I have a couple of them. I heard that you can get them from the bank, but that was a while ago.

wolflodge100
                  Participant

I have 4 two dollar bills. As far as I know they are still available.

wolflodge100 wrote:

i am pretty sure they no longer print 2 dollar bills in the us. but, there are some still in circulation and in collector’s hands. 🙂

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

wolflodge100 wrote:

i am pretty sure they no longer print 2 dollar bills in the us. but, there are some still in circulation and in collector’s hands. 🙂

Nope they are still being printed. Why did the Treasury Department remove the $2 bill from circulation?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.