fbpx

ummmm yeah…….

Home Forums Miscellany Community ummmm yeah…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Okay so this popped up on the news tonight….

We Canadians have a Poppy Quarter in regular circulation, done for year of the vetran in 2004

Apparently some American Spy/Security guys were up here and saw it and went back to the States saying that there was a tracking microchip or something in the red poppy. Well it seems to have made it into the higher ups of the government and there was an offical warning about our poppy quarters having tracking devices in them and not to bring them into the states. The red on the poppy is just paint on the metal quarter, there is one for breast cancer too. The warning has since been recinded.

Elena
      Participant

Starbreeze
        Participant

It’s a pretty quarter. Too bad we don’t see them down here.

SPark
          Participant

Yeah, I was reading about that! It’s pretty dang funny, really.

Elena
            Participant

Glad I’m not the only one who found it funny!

We have lots of neat coins in circulation up here. There has even been talk of doing a $5 coin for circulation, and alot of special edition cions with neat things like two tone metals, and holographic stuff on them. Here’s pics of some actual circuation coins.

Starbreeze
              Participant

Very pretty!!! πŸ˜€

Elena
                Participant

You americans had a $1 coin at one point, but I’ve never seen it. Does anyone have a pic?

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Front and back of the golden dollar

I liked it a lot and I’ve been enjoying the state quarters.

Maria
                    Participant

Those Canadian coins are very pretty. Tracking device – sheesh! πŸ˜†

foxfeather wrote:

Glad I’m not the only one who found it funny!

We have lots of neat coins in circulation up here. There has even been talk of doing a $5 coin for circulation, and alot of special edition cions with neat things like two tone metals, and holographic stuff on them. Here’s pics of some actual circuation coins.

i know, you have lovely coins. every time i go up there, i come back with so many coins. canada knows how to do money. πŸ˜€

you have a loony πŸ˜€

can you buy them from the government directly? i collect coins. hte us mint does this.

foxfeather wrote:

You americans had a $1 coin at one point, but I’ve never seen it. Does anyone have a pic?

i think the verdict was americans do no want ot carry the weight of one dollar coins. so, you only see the (i am not going to butcher the name) dollar coins in the yearly set.

i think in the next year or two, they will be releasing dollar coins based on presidents. similar to what they have done with the state quarters.

frozendragon
                      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Front and back of the golden dollar

there’s one with George Washington on it too…
                        I have one somewhere….

frozendragon wrote:

there’s one with George Washington on it too…
                        I have one somewhere….

yup, and there is the susan b. anthoney, which everone got mixed up with quarters.

Elena
                        Participant

Oh yes! The Royal Canadian Mint (just google that) sells all kinds of sets and special editions and stuff. The new special coins in circulation are the ones getting ready for the 2010 olympics in Vancouver. A Ladies curling Quarter and a Mens Hockey Quarter are out now with more coming every few months or so. And of course they’re also going to do a “Lucky Loonie”. We also have a $2 coin, the twoonie, the nice Siver one with the gold middle.

When the Loonie came out the government flat out said “This is the way it is” and discontinued the Dollar bill. When the Twoonie came out we just accepted it. There is nothing like looking in you change jar and realizing you acctually DO have money! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.