fbpx

"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 538 total)
  • Author

lamortefille wrote:

The makeover has begun! 8)

I know! ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks again for donating him Lamorte! Actually thanks for both Griffins! Again, and again, and again! ๐Ÿ˜†

lamortefille
    Participant

You’re welcome; it’s my pleasure, WC. I can’t wait to see how TUT turns out! ๐Ÿ˜€

megamibabe16
      Participant

Dear goodness WindstoneCollector you have a phenomenal amount of PYOs, and they are all simply amazing. You just keep getting better and better. You have a vast imagination and know how to use it. Anubis is my favorite Griffin. I would have to say my favorite of all of your works would have to be Masquerade the wolf. I just cannot get enough of it. Simply gorgeous. Vineyard the unicorn and the Northern Lights unicorn just leave me speechless. I just don’t know how you do it, but I am eternally grateful that you do. You have an amazing talent. Keep up the awesome work. TUT is coming along nicely. I simply cannot wait to see what you come up with next.

Bodine
        Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ Yep,she does do wonderful work and she does do commissions ๐Ÿ˜‰

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

WindstoneCollector wrote:

People who paint actual pictures? Um…I think I might be. But I do know there has been a Dragon tattoo Ki-Rin by another forum member *Bangs head on desk*…I remember the piece but not the Member’s name. But as far an actual full painting…Yeah, I believe I am. ๐Ÿ˜• First it was Tropic (Griffin), with the Palm trees, ocean and beach. Then Vineyard (Unicorn), with the rolling vineyard spread out behind the Villa, mountains, and grapes. I always loved My Little Ponies and the little pictures they had on their rumps. I just use the entire body! And now it is Northern Light’s Snowflake.

No, I have seen this done before. Gosh I forget where, was it here or another community? But I’ve seen it done before. It’s still neat though!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

Some of the Breyer horses I’ve seen get painted that way, with the horse as the canvas…usualy landscape type stuff..

Jennifer wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

People who paint actual pictures? Um…I think I might be. But I do know there has been a Dragon tattoo Ki-Rin by another forum member *Bangs head on desk*…I remember the piece but not the Member’s name. But as far an actual full painting…Yeah, I believe I am. ๐Ÿ˜• First it was Tropic (Griffin), with the Palm trees, ocean and beach. Then Vineyard (Unicorn), with the rolling vineyard spread out behind the Villa, mountains, and grapes. I always loved My Little Ponies and the little pictures they had on their rumps. I just use the entire body! And now it is Northern Light’s Snowflake.

No, I have seen this done before. Gosh I forget where, was it here or another community? But I’ve seen it done before. It’s still neat though!
              OMG!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Jen was in my thread!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ *faints…picks self up off floor* *feels all fuzzy inside*

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Some of the Breyer horses I’ve seen get painted that way, with the horse as the canvas…usualy landscape type stuff..

Yeah, I found out about the Breyers. But, I was wondering if a PYO had had it done before mainly. And of that I found only 2 with actual pics on them. ๐Ÿ™‚ (With the wonderful help of forum friends!)

megamibabe16 wrote:

Dear goodness WindstoneCollector you have a phenomenal amount of PYOs, and they are all simply amazing. You just keep getting better and better. You have a vast imagination and know how to use it. Anubis is my favorite Griffin. I would have to say my favorite of all of your works would have to be Masquerade the wolf. I just cannot get enough of it. Simply gorgeous. Vineyard the unicorn and the Northern Lights unicorn just leave me speechless. I just don’t know how you do it, but I am eternally grateful that you do. You have an amazing talent. Keep up the awesome work. TUT is coming along nicely. I simply cannot wait to see what you come up with next.

Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
              Anubis was one of my favorites too! Masquerade is at home with NirvanaCat…She was the first person to buy a piece from me. That wolf was pretty cool too! I am working on NLS and TUT right now. Tut will eventually go by his full name, TUT is jsut shorter for the title. LOL I have a Keeper on hold, and another Keeper, that is in the wings…Whenever he gets here (He was gonna have a scene on him, but I beleive he is going to be a fire dragon instead now!). I did post in my wish list some LP and Production swaps I am willing to do for pieces for others too. I do commissions, but no sculpts = no commissions right now. The little money I do make from those that aren’t trades is getting stashed away for more PYO’s. I love my Griffin army, and do single swaps for those too with other painters. I keep busy for sure. ๐Ÿ˜‰
              But, if I said anything other than “I love it!” I’d be lying through my teeth!

megamibabe16
              Participant

Well, when I finally have money again, we may have to talk. ๐Ÿ™‚

megamibabe16 wrote:

Well, when I finally have money again, we may have to talk. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am sure I will be around. I am on everyday, I just don’t always post. I slip in and read, and slip out again some days. I have alot to do, and I went shopping with a new friend on Friday and had a blast! Well, it was Glen’s best friend’s mother. I guess she is wanting a wolf painted like a Holestein cow. I dunno, the black and white ones. So add another to the list of PYO’s I’ll be wanting when they hit the store again! Also, my cousin from Michigan wants a Griffin painted I guess like the team colors up there. The Hockey team is the Griffins. Also, I will have a Keeper to paint again too…I don’t know when I will get back to Tut or the other Keeper I was working on. LOL But it feels pretty good to look at a list of names in waiting… ๐Ÿ˜ณ I will be contacting people as I manage to get ahold of sculpts, and letting them know about progress.
                NOW, for what I really wanted to post about…I managed to sit for a bit in the last couple days and progressed nicely on NLS…I got the barn started, the house started, the mountains done, and the snow now has a sort of bluish shadowing, and pearl white along the tops of the hills…I think the snow is still a bit too white overall, but I don’t know…Anyone got a tip for me? Think it should all have a slight blue tint, and fade to deeper blue? (Remember this is supposed to be at night!) Ugh, I don’t know this is why I put it down the first time! ๐Ÿ™„
                Anyway, so I got that done. I am not impressed with the windows on the house, by the time I realized I was really shaking about, it was too late, and it made me more frustrated, so those are going to be fixed…Somehow. The barn was too short, then it was too tall, then the roof looked funny, so I made it longer and now need to add more to the side in the rear corner. You can see where it is just horribly out of skew. Overall, I am happy with the idea I was headed towards. Plus the details are lacking. I do have siding for the house planned, and some shadowing too…Few snow covered bushes, and a snow man. Also, I need to put tracks for a drive to the house and barn. I still plan to add some trees to it somewhere and a larger snowflake as a “signature” style embelishment. So this while far from being done, is actually alot more than I thought I would get to by tonight. ๐Ÿ™‚
                Close up of the mountains on the rear side of the Unicorn. I used Burnt Umber for the base, then a dark grey and finally a few strokes of white along the tops.

Close up of house, notice icicles hanging? Still working on the details remember. hehehehe

Entire display shot. I still need to work colors into her mane and tail, and also pick a color for the beads in there too. I have beautiful blue topaz rhinestones for the mane and tail.

On overview of the whole nightime sky effect.

machineguts
                Participant

Oh WOW… WC, this unicorn is absolutely breathtaking. <3

Anonymous

Wow! Im speechless! What a beautiful paint job WC ๐Ÿ™‚

She’s spectacular!!! Wow!

Amanda
                    Participant

I just love her, you did an amazing job! I can’t wait to see what else you come up with for future PYOs!

megamibabe16
                      Participant

*speechless* The detail just keeps getting more and more amazing.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 538 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.