fbpx

"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

I had to wait until I was logged in from home and not over the work proxy to see pics, but Yowzers! That unicorn is gorgeous! I can’t wait to see her done! 8)

Starbreeze
      Participant

Northern Lights is out of this world!!! 😮 😀

Bodine
        Participant

starbreeze wrote:

Northern Lights is out of this world!!! 😮 😀

yep 😀 Isn’t WC great?! Yours was first,mine is in progress 😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Do you have new photos to share? 🙂
          Are you the first artist here to paint pictures on the pyo?

dragonfriend wrote:

Do you have new photos to share? 🙂
          Are you the first artist here to paint pictures on the pyo?

Actually, no more photos yet. Sorry. 🙁
          After the stress of the holidays, I have only managed to apply a black base coat to a Griffin, and then a whole lot of gold paint. Once in a while, I have a tendancy to “Over-do” if I keep on a single sculpt, and I was getting wired up about the lights, and wanting to go more flamboyant. I still have a barn and house, something in the background to blend those hills into the night sky, a snowman, and a big snowflake I need to figure out where to put. There will be more pics. I promise. You will just have to keep checking the title of this thread, I always change it when I post more pics! 😉

I decided instead of being counter-productive I would begin on the Tut Griffin. Simple single colors require no concentration on where to put something. 😉
          Plus, I admit this rather guiltily, that I took a few days off after Christmas, where I did nothing but surf the forums, and the web for pics of ideas for other PYO’s. I just save a pic or two of something that sparks my interest, and then later down the road I put my twist on it, and put it to paper. If it manages to pass that grading series, it moves into a binder I have full of all the paperwork for the PYO’s I have painted already and those I have ideas for that are waiting for a sculpt. I am hoping with the little batches of Keepers hitting the store that there will be more of the other sculpts soon, and the dreaded Dragon Pox is on it’s way out of the country!

People who paint actual pictures? Um…I think I might be. But I do know there has been a Dragon tattoo Ki-Rin by another forum member *Bangs head on desk*…I remember the piece but not the Member’s name. But as far an actual full painting…Yeah, I believe I am. 😕 First it was Tropic (Griffin), with the Palm trees, ocean and beach. Then Vineyard (Unicorn), with the rolling vineyard spread out behind the Villa, mountains, and grapes. I always loved My Little Ponies and the little pictures they had on their rumps. I just use the entire body! And now it is Northern Light’s Snowflake.

machineguts
          Participant

Well they are absolutely gorgeous hon, and extraordinarily inspiring! 🙂

Bodine
            Participant

Oh boy! Can’t wait,but please do enjoy your holidays first.Then…CRACK THAT WHIP!! …SCHHHMMACKK!!! 😈 XD

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

bodine6127 wrote:

Oh boy! Can’t wait,but please do enjoy your holidays first.Then…CRACK THAT WHIP!! …SCHHHMMACKK!!!:twisted: XD

😛 LOL Go check your PM’s! XD

bayoudragon
              Participant

That is truly a beautiful unicorn, WSC. I am almost tempted to try something like this, but to be honest, the rounded surface kinda scares me. 😳

They really are amazing. :yes:

Be my guest. All is fair in PYO’s! 😀
                Funniest thing is, I am scared of the flat surfaces! XD

LadyFirebird
                Participant

Don’t feel bad bayoudragon, any surface scares me!!!!!! :shout:

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I will join in and say how just marvelous she is!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Here is what I spent my last few sessions on. I needed a break from the Uni because I was wanting to add more and more. When I knew I should stop. So, this is the beginning of “TUT” the Griffin. I have been dying to do this for a while now. Since before Anubis. I wasn’t sure though that I could sell this theme as I knew I would want to keep the first one. And one day I want to add an Anubis and a few others to the collection. 😀

Both sides are about even on the gold, but I still have a few areas that show a bit of black shadow through them. Today I should be able to finish his gold and return to the Unicorn tomorrow. I will be working on the snow areas and adding “Sparkle” to them. Then maybe I will outline the house and barn…I don’t know, I am working in layers, and it depends on the layer I need to do next. 😉 So, it’s an adventure for me too! LOL

Maria
                    Participant

Whee! Can’t wait to see him done.

lamortefille
                      Participant

The makeover has begun! 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 538 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.