fbpx

"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 538 total)
  • Author

ghostndragon wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Ok, since you are so sure… 😉 I will ask you for a suggestion…Silver or gold accents? Or both? 😀
    I am having a hard time trying to decide on that one thing… 🙄

Hmm… well, with the silver in his wings and on his horns, I would think that silver accents might look nice. Or might just lose their impact. 😕 Antiquing to mute the silver on the wings might make silver accents pop, though. Honestly, though, I don’t think gold will work. It would be too much contrast with the silver on the wings and horns. Copper might be an option. More muted than gold. And since everything else is a pure metallic, I wouldn’t use something quite antiqued.

I’m sure it will turn out beautifully whatever you decide.
    Uh oh…He won’t have any silver after I do his wings. That is a base coat. Frozen said greys work best, so since I was working in metallics I used a very dark silver to base him in.(I don’t like to paint the areas I have to use to move the pieces around until I am done with the areas that cause me to hold there. That would be why the wings are still silver, and the horns to.) I guess I should have just done everything in jade base too. And I whole heartedly agree on the gold. I thought maybe for the spikes on the detail scales I would go with gold. It would perhaps pop those scales, but I just wasn’t sure. This guy is one of the first that I am actually working as I go along without an idea sheet anywhere as to how he should look when done. I have about 20 hours in now. But that is because I technically started with 2 base coats of different colors. And trying not to fill in the small scale details was hard for some reason (And no the paint wasn’t thick, it just seemed to want to be bubbly 😉 ), but well worth the extra time. 🙂
    This is pretty much who he is based off of…

The Griffin is the one I got from a single swap with FrozenDragon. He does AWESOME work, so if you ever get a chance, he’s definitely on my recommended list. But that is Grapevine, and he has dark silver accents too. But, I did not accent the “spikes” on his scales. I liked him just as he was. Vineyard however has an added color of a more golden emerald on his flanks and shoulders, also along the neck at the ridge scales. His wings will be done in the same fashion as Grapevine’s wings. I also have plans for the front scales to fade from the deep purple to blue in some fashion.
    As I said, I still have a ways to go. I am not going to rush this guy, as I want him to be in the AWESOME category when he is done. 😀

bodine6127 wrote:

😀 Hey,I have the powders in metallics if you would like to play with that also.Let me know. 😀

I have some powders here…Infact I have series 2 of the Pearl-ex and I got a huge bottle of a purple color of Pearl-ex too…I was really excited because I got it for $5 brand new! 😀
    One of these days I will get to the sculpts I will need the powder for, that you sent me already! 😉

Rachel
    Participant

Uh oh…He won’t have any silver after I do his wings. That is a base coat. Frozen said greys work best, so since I was working in metallics I used a very dark silver to base him in.(I don’t like to paint the areas I have to use to move the pieces around until I am done with the areas that cause me to hold there. That would be why the wings are still silver, and the horns to.) I guess I should have just done everything in jade base too. And I whole heartedly agree on the gold. I thought maybe for the spikes on the detail scales I would go with gold. It would perhaps pop those scales, but I just wasn’t sure. This guy is one of the first that I am actually working as I go along without an idea sheet anywhere as to how he should look when done. I have about 20 hours in now. But that is because I technically started with 2 base coats of different colors. And trying not to fill in the small scale details was hard for some reason (And no the paint wasn’t thick, it just seemed to want to be bubbly 😉 ), but well worth the extra time. 🙂
      This is pretty much who he is based off of…

The Griffin is the one I got from a single swap with FrozenDragon. He does AWESOME work, so if you ever get a chance, he’s definitely on my recommended list. But that is Grapevine, and he has dark silver accents too. But, I did not accent the “spikes” on his scales. I liked him just as he was. Vineyard however has an added color of a more golden emerald on his flanks and shoulders, also along the neck at the ridge scales. His wings will be done in the same fashion as Grapevine’s wings. I also have plans for the front scales to fade from the deep purple to blue in some fashion.
      As I said, I still have a ways to go. I am not going to rush this guy, as I want him to be in the AWESOME category when he is done. 😀

Ahaha! Knowing that, then I think gold would be ok. But I still think something less….gold? Bronze or copper? More muted and earthy…I’m thinking like the branches of a grape vine. But then, silver would be complementary to that purple. *drools*

Bodine
      Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

😀 Hey,I have the powders in metallics if you would like to play with that also.Let me know. 😀

I have some powders here…Infact I have series 2 of the Pearl-ex and I got a huge bottle of a purple color of Pearl-ex too…I was really excited because I got it for $5 brand new! 😀
        One of these days I will get to the sculpts I will need the powder for, that you sent me already! 😉

okay,I have both series if you do want/need some.They have not been used yet.Waiting on something to paint squeek* just kidding Ms.Melody.We are waiting patiently….
        ICW,no worry,they will be worth waiting on 😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Katherine
        Participant

*jaw drop* When we do a trade someday….I might want a griffin like that Tropic one! I missed this somewhere…..and I regret that I did! Awesome Job!!

eaglefeather831 wrote:

*jaw drop* When we do a trade someday….I might want a griffin like that Tropic one! I missed this somewhere…..and I regret that I did! Awesome Job!!

I haven’t even put him up for bids yet…So far this weekend hasn’t been to forgiving in the painting department. I am hoping to get a couple hours tonight so he can sit in the drying room for a day or so. I haven’t ever had any problems with clear coating after 24 hours so it shouldn’t be a problem. 😉

Bodine
          Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Saved your nickels up? 😀

machineguts
            Participant

Wow, these are gorgeous! 😀

I want to apologize. I am sitting here for a few seconds to let everyone know that I am sorry for the delay on selling Tropic. 😳
              I don’t know what I did, but I have been flat on my back most of the past 3 days on the couch with a screaming back problem. It acts up once in a while, but usually it doesn’t hang around for more than a couple days. As soon as I can be up and around and sitting here longer than a couple minutes, I will list Tropic for sale in the Fleamarket. I got good pics of him for his sale too…Black light and natural. 🙂
              Again, I am sorry for the wait. 😕 🙂

Bodine
              Participant

😥 Sorry you are hurting dear.Take it easy and get well soon,soft hugs 😀

Ok….I am upright, atleast partly…LOL I got him to the Flea market area, but forgot to say if he doesn’t drum up any interest by Wednesday he will most likely be heading to ebay. 😀

LadyFirebird
                Participant

WOOT WOOT WOOT–SQUEEEEEEAAAALLLLL! I got him–Tropic–arrived today! Already PMd you about this but wanted all to know that he is more stunning in person! WOW and it’s a typical sunny day here in California and now my world is a whole lot brighter! 8) I can’t formulate the words–just awesome. Thanks so much! 😀 I can’t take pictures right now, waiting for that camera to arrive [and because I got it with my CC points, it’ll take a while] but when I do–I’ll be a picture taking and posting fool! XD

LadyFirebird wrote:

WOOT WOOT WOOT–SQUEEEEEEAAAALLLLL! I got him–Tropic–arrived today! Already PMd you about this but wanted all to know that he is more stunning in person! WOW and it’s a typical sunny day here in California and now my world is a whole lot brighter! 8) I can’t formulate the words–just awesome. Thanks so much! 😀 I can’t take pictures right now, waiting for that camera to arrive [and because I got it with my CC points, it’ll take a while] but when I do–I’ll be a picture taking and posting fool! XD

I am very glad he got there safe and sound! That was a wonderful PM! 😳 I must say I was grinning like a goon.
                  It’s sorta like getting a new night-light when you’re 7 isn’t it?!?! 😀

Bodine
                  Participant

😀 Hey Lady,Any progress?pics? 😀

Well, I’ve progressed, but now I can’t find my new memory card for my silly camera. Darned thing! 😡

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 538 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.