fbpx

"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

It is busy, I’ll give you that, but it’s beautifully executed and in such a unique style, I’m sure it would sell. Am I blind, or are there really no fullbody pics of him with the waves and sand? Could you post some up, please? Might help with the palm tree placement.

Bodine
      Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Palm tree. Tie in the green on his wings. 😉

DITTO,Palm tree! 😀 But where….maybe a big double palm on one of his hips coming up from the sand?A sailboat would make that choice easier.It would break up the water a bit.Know what I mean? my 2cents worth 😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

bodine6127 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

DITTO,Palm tree! 😀 But where….maybe a big double palm on one of his hips coming up from the sand?A sailboat would make that choice easier.It would break up the water a bit.Know what I mean? my 2cents worth 😀

I planned on a double palm if I did palm trees…Which I did. He is waiting on his clearcoat, but is finally completed! I am so happy to finally have finished this guy!
        Well, here he is!

Well, any comments would be helpful since he is only waiting on a clearcoat…Once he gets that, and dries a bit, he is going to be sold. I will put an ad in the fleamarket for a few days. If no bites, he goes to ebay…

And, here is my next project…My first Keeper PYO. I am calling him “Vinyard”. He is following in the footsteps of “Grapevine” the small PYO Dragon I painted for DragonessJade.

He is almost completely metallics. The black you see will not be there when he is done. He is base coated in dark silver, with jade green, then emerald green over in areas. His prominent scales are done in a royal blue and plum purple, with some scales done in a dark cherry. I have not decided wether to use dark silver for his accents or gold. It may come down to me using both in some sort of creative way. He feels so plain after the last months work on “Tropic”! I am sort of sad that I will not be able to keep this Keeper as I was painting him in colors I would like to have but my saving acct says “No Keeper for you!”. 🙁 (Even though I am no where near completion on him as of now. 😕 )

Adaneth
        Participant

Vinyard is looking gorgeous! 😀 And nice work on those palm trees on Tropic!

Thank you!
          LOL I was just glancing at the finished post to make sure I didn’t flub anything up, and you snuck in there! 😀

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

Those are really nice 😀 . The palm trees and sun are the perfect finishing touches on the griffy, and I love the colors on the keeper 😀 .

lamortefille
            Participant

All Tropic needs is a pair of Ray-Bans. 😉 He came out very very cool. 8) I love the colors you’re using on Vineyard.

I’m gonna try really hard to get some black light pics tonight after it gets dark out so it shows well.

Thank you all for the compliments! Yeah, and shades would be a good idea…I need to see if I can find some that will fit him, before I sell him…Would be funny to include in the box! XD

(FYI – Once I complete Vinyard, I will be moving onto another Griffin…I will be doing Horus the Egyptian God. 😉 )

Bodine
              Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I planned on a double palm if I did palm trees…Which I did. He is waiting on his clearcoat, but is finally completed! I am so happy to finally have finished this guy!
                Well, here he is!

Well, any comments would be helpful since he is only waiting on a clearcoat…Once he gets that, and dries a bit, he is going to be sold. I will put an ad in the fleamarket for a few days. If no bites, he goes to ebay…
                My two cents…my eyes aren’t that great,but the sun looks almost “stamped” on him.Perhaps a slight shimmer around it,like when you look at a bright hot sun against the water.Just my comment.This PYO is absolutely fabulous anyway.Don’t even worry about what I think.You are the artist on this one sug. 😉
                How dod I get here?bodine’s commentary… 😀

And, here is my next project…My first Keeper PYO. I am calling him “Vinyard”. He is following in the footsteps of “Grapevine” the small PYO Dragon I painted for DragonessJade.

He is almost completely metallics. The black you see will not be there when he is done. He is base coated in dark silver, with jade green, then emerald green over in areas. His prominent scales are done in a royal blue and plum purple, with some scales done in a dark cherry. I have not decided wether to use dark silver for his accents or gold. It may come down to me using both in some sort of creative way. He feels so plain after the last months work on “Tropic”! I am sort of sad that I will not be able to keep this Keeper as I was painting him in colors I would like to have but my saving acct says “No Keeper for you!”. 🙁 (Even though I am no where near completion on him as of now. 😕 )

LadyFirebird
                Participant

Tropic–I really like him! He is bright and colorful–so different and he glows–what more can you ask for. Nice job on the palm trees–thought a sailboat would look nice but with those palm trees you don’t need it. I’ll keep my eye out for this one–will bring summer back in the winter! 😀 And Vineyard is looking good–look forward to seeing him done as well!

Maria
                  Participant

WSC, I’ve plumb run out of compliments for Tropic. He just gets awesomer every time you show him. His new owner is going to be one lucky – and happy – lady!

Bodine
                    Participant

😀 Soooo,how are you going to work your sale? Inquiring minds want to know…..
                      BTW..when you have Tropic sprayed,will you put up a back view and top of the head shot?pweese?

Maria
                      Participant

I think Bodine wants this piece. What do you think? 😛

Once, I fix his sun (Since you weren’t the only one who said it needed something! And I feel the same way. 😳 ) he will get the clear coats and I will be taking final pics of him for his sale. I will take pics of all angles for sale purposes. 😉 And I will also add some black light pics!
                        Tropic will hit the flea market section once it dries out enough outside for me to clear coat. (Its raining here through the weekend, until Sunday, so look for him on Monday or Tuesday. 😀 ) I will offer him here for the price I would like to get. I will leave him up probably until Friday (I’d like to avoid ebay fees, if possible). If I get no takers then, he will head of to evilbay for a 7 day auction. I haven’t ever sold on ebay, so I have to have time to figure it out, because I don’t want to be a pain in the tail to someone and beg them to help me. I just buy from ebay. LOL But, I am hoping he will sell here.

And in all actuality I honestly have to say, I am very impressed with the palm trees since I have never been what you could call a “painter” of pictures. I usually work in colored pencil and pastels when it comes to my actual page art. (Maybe one day I will post a few pics of mine in the general art section…Maybe.)

Bodine
                        Participant

😀 Yes,I would most definetly love to have it but…..may ICW get more for it than she ever expected to.
                          It will go for more than I can afford right now. 😳 I just quit an AWFUL job,now I need to go find another one,can’t be much worse than my last one. 🙁
                          Good Luck Sweetie!!!!! 😀 It’s gorgeous :yes:

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 538 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.