fbpx

"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Lokie wrote:

The “cleanup is the suck”; how so? Is it an oil based paint?

No…It leaves little “speckles” around the rest of the body even where the paint wasn’t brushed. I think it has to do with the little phosphorous dust in the paint itself. It seems it isn’t very fine…It’s by Apple Barrel and it’s a pain. But it’s fun too. I don’t know how to describe it. And in my household anything that is really a pain in the tush is nicknamed “the suck” and if it is really bad its the “Big suck”. 😆

😆

Anything that is a pain for me immediately gets refered to as a “He” when I talk about it 😆 If it gives me trouble and I hadn’t established it’s gender previously, it’s male from then on. Vehicles, school work, designs, PYOs, Food, etc. Anything. (I hope no men read this 😳 )

XD XD
      That would be another way to definitely gender a problematic issue… 8)
      At least around here…If it wasn’t for a female dog and 2 female cats I’d be all alone! With 6 males… 😮

Lokie
      Participant

😮 That’s a lot of testosterone!

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

That griffy is to cool for words 😀 . Makes me wanna paint a critter in day-glow paints.

It’s a little further along, and the glow paints are cleaned up a bit, but I have all day tomorrow to work on it…Hopefully will be able to get some pics up tomorrow…And, he is actually a night light Griffin now…He even glows after regular lights have been on him for a while. 😀 I’m having so much fun! 😆

Fantastic! That glow in the dark coloring is really amazing!
          You have some very creative ideas!

Ok, here is what I have been up to for the past couple days…

It is a slow process for me to do all these details when I am also busy trying to keep my job running too. I even had to help with the next week’s schedule. 😮
          He was up to the purple stage last I posted pics. He now has some sea blues in the centers of his feathers, and alot more of that pretty pink and orange Glow paint. I went back over the green in hopes to bring it out more. I have yellow glow paint to add still, and all the details I want to add over those faded wings…I’m hoping within a week or so to have him finished, but that is only if I get to work on him. One day a week isn’t cutting it… 😕
          Also, I hope to use his cat half to replicate an ocean scene on…We will see how well that goes. 🙄

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

that is just soooo awesome.

Leigha
            Participant

oh wow! Fantastic!

I want this one…want want want…

Bodine
              Participant

pretty,pretty,pretty,look out ebay,here we come 😀 I bet this is a first/one of a kind with this one WC
                I LOVE IT!! 😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

He is looking awesome! I’m having to keep Conner (the Sun Conure Griffin I’m working on) from seeing this or he would be incredibly jealous. 😀

Rachel
                  Participant

Wow!

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

I love that Griffin! He’s just so stunning 😮 .

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

That griff is coming out so nice! Can’t wait to see the finished product–can’t wait! 😀 You say the paints are by Apple BarrelA What are they called? I might try this on a Muse.

LadyFirebird wrote:

That griff is coming out so nice! Can’t wait to see the finished product–can’t wait! 😀 You say the paints are by Apple BarrelA What are they called? I might try this on a Muse.

Yeah. They are Apple Barrel. Don’t flog me for where I got them if you don’t like the huge conglomerate of Walmart, but they are only a buck there. I have had them FOREVER too. Well if 2 years is forever…LOL
                        I have used the orange, the pink, and green so far. I also have yellow, but I haven’t entirely decided where I am gonna put it so far. Although the pink, doesn’t show pink so much on him, since I am painting it over yellow base, which is just fine by me! I like how it takes on a brighter coral look, which is what I was going for!

KoishiiKitty wrote:

that is just soooo awesome.

😳 Awww…You and GB just don’t know how warm and fuzzy you guys make me feel when you stop by and compliment any of my pieces!

bodine6127 wrote:

pretty,pretty,pretty,look out ebay,here we come 😀 I bet this is a first/one of a kind with this one WC
                        I LOVE IT!! 😉

I am willing to bet he will always be a one of a kind. I may use the paint again, but there are so many ideas in my book, I doubt I will ever get enough Griffins to complete them all. I’d have to stock up on about 20 as it is now, and then there is always the arrant idea who shows up just before I hit my book when I do have blanks! Plus I am waiting for restock just so I can start on 3 more planned ones! (Somebody keeps sending me money or sending others money for me to try and pay for hers… 😛 She’s a stinker, but I love her, and we live in the same “crazy tree”! 😉 )
                        Oh, and I will probably offer him first here in the Flea Market when he is done, for a week or so. Then if I get no bites, I will “toss” him on ebay…I’ve never sold on there before, so that will be a challenge. 😮

Thanks everyone! All your compliments are wonderful! I was actually scared that my mind and hands would paint something people looked at and went, “Holy crap! Is that thing gross!”, but then again, I have done a few pieces that have given me that feeling. XD
                        My son is in love with the fact this guy glows, and he’s not done glowing yet!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 538 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.